9/11 Conspirists, More Fuel for Your Fire - Page 11 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #201
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Just to give people an idea how easily the aluminum on a plane can be damaged by impacting a bird, let alone a building:

Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #202
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon, E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
Ah, would this be the same type of kinetic energy that sent debris flying in the PA crash site? You know, the one that completely disappeared when it crashed?
You're making the ridiculous assumption that both planes had the same energy at impact and they collided with the same material.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #203
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Again, find me a situation that parallels a plane roughly the size of a 767 slamming into a building at 400+ mph and then we can discuss
The ground, a buliding, whatever the case may be. A 767 crashed. The fact that is was a buliding doesn't all of a sudden mean that the impact was greater/more powerful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #204
ghorn

Quote:
Just to give people an idea how easily the aluminum on a plane can be damaged by impacting a bird, let alone a building:

Damage, yes. Yet, I see a lot of plane left there.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #205
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding

A plane hit it..

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...42.html?page=6

Video of plane hitting Pentagon.

Go frame by frame and you see a plane near the ground.

Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #206
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
The ground, a buliding, whatever the case may be. A 767 crashed. The fact that is was a buliding doesn't all of a sudden mean that the impact was greater/more powerful.
The ground for the most part is an impervious barrier. A building is typically a strong skeleton with structurally weak points in between such as windows. "Whatever" is not a variable that can replace velocity, trajectory, on-board fuel, and composition of the impacting body.

Quote:
Damage, yes. Yet, I see a lot of plane left there.
Replace that bird with an open field or a building. You get the idea
Old 02-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #207
2000_328CI

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Honestly, it's quite hard to discern a plate in the frame

I'm completely convinced it was a plane (there were eye witnesses who said such) but just saying i can't easily say its a plane in this one pic (you can only see "an object" for a single frame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_01.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	349706  

| 435 HP 328Ci | RRT Racing | Designer Wraps | Active Autowerke | Vorsteiner | STATUS Racing |
Timeless Motor Group
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #208
Green_Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Honestly, it's quite hard to discern a plate in the frame

I'm completely convinced it was a plane (there were eye witnesses who said such) but just saying i can't easily say its a plane in this one pic (you can only see "an object" for a single frame

"Because the video can't 100% tell me that white object that witnesses say was a plane, lets assume it was a missile"..

Old 02-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #209
GhostM3JP

My Ride: 02 AW M3
That plane looks awfully small
GhostM3JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #210
Digital Heaven
Banned User

OMG eleventy pages
Digital Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #211
Green_Shine

File this thread away with this one:

Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #212
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post

A plane hit it..

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...42.html?page=6

Video of plane hitting Pentagon.

Go frame by frame and you see a plane near the ground.
I see a rather small white object. Doesn't look like a 767. Again, there are several other angles that COULD be provided. But, they're not.

Quote:
The ground for the most part is an impervious barrier. A building is typically a strong skeleton with structurally weak points in between such as windows. "Whatever" is not a variable that can replace velocity, trajectory, on-board fuel, and composition of the impacting body.
^ There would be A LOT of debris in both cases.

Quote:
Replace that bird with an open field or a building. You get the idea
Yeah, the plane gets fvcked up, but doesn't disintegrate into dust.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #213
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
File this thread away with this one:

Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #214
2000_328CI

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Quote:
Yeah, the plane gets fvcked up, but doesn't disintegrate into dust.
This was the argument one of the Scandinavians used when trying to explain the conspiracy... "if a plane flew into the building, where are the wings and the damage they did?" he insisted. If you do even a few minutes worth of research, you will find that many physicists answered this question, typically starting with a line similar to "Do you really believe that a plane hitting a building would make a cut out in the building like a toy plastic plane through a birthday cake? Do you expect to see a perfect cut out as if this was a cartoon?" In other words, they're mocking those people asking the question you're asking...

| 435 HP 328Ci | RRT Racing | Designer Wraps | Active Autowerke | Vorsteiner | STATUS Racing |
Timeless Motor Group
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #215
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, SGM GTI
I'm Jesse Ventura and this is....Conspiracy Theory!

Last edited by cd330; 02-23-2010 at 01:40 PM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #216
330xiBoarder

My Ride: a car
great OT thread
330xiBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #217
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
This was the argument one of the Scandinavians used when trying to explain the conspiracy... "if a plane flew into the building, where are the wings and the damage they did?" he insisted. If you do even a few minutes worth of research, you will find that many physicists answered this question, typically starting with a line similar to "Do you really believe that a plane hitting a building would make a cut out in the building like a toy plastic plane through a birthday cake? Do you expect to see a perfect cut out as if this was a cartoon?" In other words, they're mocking those people asking the question you're asking...
What I would expect to see after a 767 crashes: debris bigger than a fender panel.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #218
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
this was a hilarious read. PK (or whoever wrote this) - you mention how people who question 9/11 focus on the minor details that can't be explained but don't focus on the overall picture. Well, people who 100% claim that there was no foul play involved seem to IGNORE those "minor" details that can't be explained. There are a whole lot of "firsts" (building brought down by plane, building falling in the manner it did, etc) and "combined extremes" in the reasoning of why things happened the way they did.

For the people describing the structure... do you realize that type one construction requires that all steel members be completely closed off with fireproof material? It is designed to resist a horrible fire, while allowing time for people to evacuate or the fire to be extinguished. I get that the plans would have dislodged the fireproofing on the floors that were hit, and left those beams exposed. The beams would not fail, but their structural integrity would be compromised. This would be a localized issue to the floors affected.

With that said, are you guys saying that it was STRICTLY the weight of those floors collapsing which caused the entire structure to fail? Steel building are incredibly strong, and it is also widely known that they are designed in such a fashion to withstand a strike from an aircraft. The floors below the ones hit by the aircraft did not have the steel members weakened since they were not hit by the aircraft- even if the fire spread to lower floors, the members are designed to withstand failure. Furthermore, are you guys saying that the weight of those floors collapsing caused all the of the (incredibly strong) steel members to collapse uniformly causing the building to fall in a pancake fashion? Also, these buildings are usually designed with a rigid core or a rigid peremeter (anyone know which one), which would make it even more odd to have a unform pancake collapse strictly from weight above.

Moving onto tower 7- you guys are claiming falling debris and fire caused that building to collapse??? Are you kidding? Once again, I don't think you guys (not talking to you engineers in this thread) understand how strong these structures are. And if failure were to even occur (lets say from falling debris), it would be localized to that area. IT WOULD NOT FALL THE WAY IT DID, NOR WOULD THE WHOLE STRUCTURE FAIL!

edit: don't even get me started on the unavailability of footage of the plane hitting the pentagon and the lack of debris from that crash and the one that crashed in the field. This is just a joke. Whoever believes that not a single camera caught that is an idiot. Please don't even bother with the few frames the gov released that doesn't show sh!t.

Last edited by pimpn04coupe; 02-23-2010 at 01:39 PM.
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #219
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
not sure if i should sell my hyperblack csl's and get linea corsa's

i thought about it last year around this time, didn't pull the trigger... now i'm having 2nd thoughts on it now.... idk

what do you guys think?

JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #220
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe View Post
this was a hilarious read. PK (or whoever wrote this) - you mention how people who question 9/11 focus on the minor details that can't be explained but don't focus on the overall picture. Well, people who 100% claim that there was no foul play involved seem to IGNORE those "minor" details that can't be explained.
Like focusing on the "minor" details of not having good footage of a plane slamming into the Pentagon despite the lawn being littered with airplane debris carring the American Airlines colors, witness who saw the plane hit the building, the fact American Airlines is suddenly missing a 767 from their fleet, or the fact that the FFA actively tracked the plane from take-off to impact?

Are we talking about those "minor" details? I just want to be sure.