Just took the CWP course... What a joke... - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #41
Cyric
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
That's nice that it's always at 70 degrees, I was sweating balls at the range on Sunday. Quite the drive though.

If you Florida guys see a G26 for sale let me know.
I drive there from up by Wesley Chapel. For me, it's worth it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #42
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
I drive there from up by Wesley Chapel. For me, it's worth it.
It really would be worth it to me just for the A/C. I usually shoot for 2-3 hours, so by the time I was done I was fogging up eyes really quick--and that REALLY sucks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #43
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Hey dude what's your budget on the glock? Want night sights? Gen 3 or 4? Give me something to look for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram:
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #44
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Hey dude what's your budget on the glock? Want night sights? Gen 3 or 4? Give me something to look for
I can mod it myself if needed, just a nice 3 or 4 gen G26, doesn't matter to me, I have big hands so the larger mag release isn't a big deal to me, and I don't need the new texture, but would be nice.

I'm more for paying less for a 3 than pay more for the "upgrades" on the 4.
I'm not going to be picky at all. Extended mag would be nice, but I can get that later too.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #45
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
Pretty cool.

You can also teach them to hold on to the slide and PUSH the rest of the gun away from them. I've never had a single chick I went shooting with have trouble after that.
Been there done that several times. Some people for some strange reason can't. Also, the smaller guns can be a bit more difficult. It is nice to know there is an option out there that works. Also great for people who have arthritis. Get's them back on the range again.

carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #46
boostedisbetter

Quote:
...I just realized I didn't answer your first question.

$500 is really the max I want to spend, I'd like to get it for $450 really.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #47
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
If you are LEO/MIL....you can get a Glock 26/27 for $398.....gen 4 with 3 mags. Night sights are about $50 if you buy at the same time. If you are not LEO/MIL...expect to pay another $200 for the gun and night sights. I still say get the Glock 27. The ultimate CCW. Granted, a little more kick than the G26, but worth it in the long run.

carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #48
david05111

Quote:
...I just realized I didn't answer your first question.

$500 is really the max I want to spend, I'd like to get it for $450 really.
All good. I did find one for $480 shipped. I think it's a Gen 3, but not sure...would have to contact them for details. Brand new...but after the FFL fees, who knows if it'd be worth it...probably looking at like $500-520 when all is said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
If you are LEO/MIL....you can get a Glock 26/27 for $398.....gen 4 with 3 mags. Night sights are about $50 if you buy at the same time. If you are not LEO/MIL...expect to pay another $200 for the gun and night sights. I still say get the Glock 27. The ultimate CCW. Granted, a little more kick than the G26, but worth it in the long run.
To each his own, I suppose. I hate the .40 s+w cartridge; I shoot it horribly. So the G27 would be impossible for me. However, I love the 45 acp and the 10 mm (G30 and G29 respectively). Guess it really is a different thing for everyone.

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #49
Cyric
Master of his domain.

Just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth...

Buy a new Glock, especially if it's going to be your carry gun. I was looking for a second 19 to keep in the house, and a local shop had a used Gen 3 G19 for $480 out the door with TruGlo night sights, a 3.5lb connector, and some other accessories. It was a great deal, until I dissasembled it and found metal shavings all around the internals and it looked like it had never been maintenanced (regardless of what people say, they do require a little maintenance). I test fired it, and it was also experiencing the newer Gen 3 and Gen 4 ejection issues. I passed and spent the extra $65 for a new one instead.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #50
boostedisbetter

Quote:

Buy a new Glock, especially if it's going to be your carry gun. I was looking for a second 19 to keep in the house, and a local shop had a used Gen 3 G19 for $480 out the door with TruGlo night sights, a 3.5lb connector, and some other accessories. It was a great deal, until I dissasembled it and found metal shavings all around the internals and it looked like it had never been maintenanced (regardless of what people say, they do require a little maintenance). I test fired it, and it was also experiencing the newer Gen 3 and Gen 4 ejection issues. I passed and spent the extra $65 for a new one instead.
That's a good point... I mean really the difference between new and used is only about $60. Maybe it's worth it to just go new.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #51
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:

I see no value is buying a used Glock from a stranger. I have bought Glocks brand new under $500 quite often. I even got a G19 with trijicons for $499 once.

To me, the $100 extra is well spent knowing that I have nothing to worry about.
17 Time National Champs: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017. We WILL Get Redemption In 2020

Ranting about TVs, football, cameras, guns, diamonds, and HDMI since 2005.

16 Honda Accord Sedan V6 Touring (wife)
07 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD
68 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS
-------------------------------------------------------
07 Lexus GS350
00 BMW DINAN M5
01 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #52
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
If you are LEO/MIL....you can get a Glock 26/27 for $398.....gen 4 with 3 mags. .
wtf... lol I'm not either...

Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #53
boostedisbetter

well I was looking around today and found this walther p38...

Is this a really good price or am I wrong?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/bar/3190994709.html

Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #54
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Not a bad price, but not one that I would carry or rely on for home defense.

SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #55
boostedisbetter

^^ ya, i was really just thinking re-sell. She lives too far away actually... G26 hunt has begun!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #56
Cyric
Master of his domain.

Family Firearms prices if paying cash:

Gen3=$528 OTD
Gen4=$543 OTD
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #57
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Family Firearms prices if paying cash:

Gen3=$528 OTD
Gen4=$543 OTD
OH REALLLLLY? HMMM, might have to stop by after work

One thing about the GEN4... Have you guys seen the extractor problem thing with the g26 gen4?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #58
david05111

Quote:
OH REALLLLLY? HMMM, might have to stop by after work

One thing about the GEN4... Have you guys seen the extractor problem thing with the g26 gen4?
All my glocks are Gen 3s. But, my dad did buy a Gen 4 g26 a few months ago. He's only put a few rounds through it (less than 100), but I can't recall an extractor problem with it. I know the problem is documented though...

I've told myself that I'd stick to Gen 3s if I was going to buy another. For me, there's no reason to looks at a 4. I couldn't care less about the texture or interchangeable backstraps or the new recoil spring. Give me the ultra reliable Gen 3 any day.

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #59
Cyric
Master of his domain.

My understanding is that it's not just the Gen 4s that are having the problem, but newer Gen 3s that are using the Gen 4 extractor as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #60
boostedisbetter

Quote:
All my glocks are Gen 3s. But, my dad did buy a Gen 4 g26 a few months ago. He's only put a few rounds through it (less than 100), but I can't recall an extractor problem with it. I know the problem is documented though...

I've told myself that I'd stick to Gen 3s if I was going to buy another. For me, there's no reason to looks at a 4. I couldn't care less about the texture or interchangeable backstraps or the new recoil spring. Give me the ultra reliable Gen 3 any day.

First off, thanks for saying "couldn't care less", I hate when people say "I could care less" lol

Gonna agree with that though, Gen3 is tried and true. Have you shot gen3 gen4 back to back? Any noticeable differences with the dual spring? The textures on the gen4 doesn't really seem "better" to me, just different.

The only reason I would go Gen4 is just because it's a newer model, but if I can find a NEW gen3, I guess that doesn't matter.

Quote:
My understanding is that it's not just the Gen 4s that are having the problem, but newer Gen 3s that are using the Gen 4 extractor as well.
oh really? Any info on how you can tell if the gen3 is using the gen4 extractor?

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 08-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.