Just took the CWP course... What a joke... - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #61
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
oh really? Any info on how you can tell if the gen3 is using the gen4 extractor?
you could just avoid all this and get the S&W M&P. It would fit your price range better and the reliability questions and seek and finds would not be needed. I recall you ruled that one out without actually holding it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #62
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
oh really? Any info on how you can tell if the gen3 is using the gen4 extractor?
Let me clarify my previous post, I meant to say ejector not extractor. I don't think Glock or anyone else has nailed down the exact problem. Some people have had luck by replacing the stock extractor with one from Lone Wolf, and some have had luck by replacing the stock ejector (stamped 336) with the one stamped 30274, and some have done both to solve the issues. It really boils down to this...is your brass stovepiping or is it ejecting up into your face, or is it doing both? Of course, it could shoot just fine out of the box as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Serbonze; 08-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #63
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
you could just avoid all this and get the S&W M&P. It would fit your price range better and the reliability questions and seek and finds would not be needed. I recall you ruled that one out without actually holding it.
Well I did a lot of research yesterday when the M&P shield was mentioned... I really like it minus the trigger. Do you guys that CC think that this handle size is an issue?

MUCH easier to CC though!

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 08-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #64
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I have shot a Gen3/4 back to back, but in different calibers. I shot my G30, then my dad's G26. There's not much in the way of insight that I can offer from the experience, however.

As for the "handle size" of the M&P, no, I don't think that's an issue. It's a great gun. I just prefer the Glock.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram:
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #65
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I have shot a Gen3/4 back to back, but in different calibers. I shot my G30, then my dad's G26. There's not much in the way of insight that I can offer from the experience, however.

As for the "handle size" of the M&P, no, I don't think that's an issue. It's a great gun. I just prefer the Glock.
Is the width of the glock really a huge deal to you guys when you CC? I am 6' 195, slim build.

I really do like the thickness of the glock when shooting. I don't think I would like how skinny the handle is on the shield, I shot the ruger LC9 and know that that gun is pretty similar, and didn't like it, mostly b/c of trigger pull, but still the "backstrap" area felt like it just didn't fit well in my hand.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #66
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Is the width of the glock really a huge deal to you guys when you CC? I am 6' 195, slim build.

I really do like the thickness of the glock when shooting. I don't think I would like how skinny the handle is on the shield, I shot the ruger LC9 and know that that gun is pretty similar, and didn't like it, mostly b/c of trigger pull, but still the "backstrap" area felt like it just didn't fit well in my hand.
Not a huge deal for me but I am 300 lbs and wear baggy clothes. I am looking at a shield so I can get a "glock-like" gun with a safety. Although not a huge deal, I would like thinner especially when I pocket carry (which is most of the time.)

I have not shot one, but if I do not like it, I will get a trigger job to make my G26 much heavier trigger pull so its more like a revolver.

JMO.
17 Time National Champs: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017. We WILL Get Redemption In 2020

Ranting about TVs, football, cameras, guns, diamonds, and HDMI since 2005.

16 Honda Accord Sedan V6 Touring (wife)
07 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD
68 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS
-------------------------------------------------------
07 Lexus GS350
00 BMW DINAN M5
01 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #67
boostedisbetter

Also another plus to the g26 side is how you can use any 9mm glock mag in it... I go to the range a lot and would like to have more than 7 rounds(shield) to fire off per mag. Plus happy sticks look gangsta YO! ...jk...

Old 08-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #68
speedcrazy1532

Quote:
Well I did a lot of research yesterday when the M&P shield was mentioned... I really like it minus the trigger. Do you guys that CC think that this handle size is an issue?
you just said you're a thin build. The thickness will matter more to you than the length of handle. Think about wearing both and think about which one will have a greater likelihood to distort how your clothing fits.

If the gun is in the small of your back the thicker gun is going to push your waistline out more whereas the handle length has no affect on anything as long as you keep it inside your body lines. The longer handle also means you'll have to travel shorter distance around your back to get your hand on it.

Quote:
Also another plus to the g26 side is how you can use any 9mm glock mag in it... I go to the range a lot and would like to have more than 7 rounds(shield) to fire off per mag. Plus happy sticks look gangsta YO! ...jk...
I'll go as far as to say there will be hi-cap mags available within a year for the shield. You'll also really want to get used to using the standard version of mag if you're going to be carrying it around.

-Phil
Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #69
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
you just said you're a thin build. The thickness will matter more to you than the length of handle. Think about wearing both and think about whi.
ok but something about the thin grip gets me. It's like it doesn't seat in the palm of my hand, it more "sticks" into it with it's thin edge. You know what I mean?

UPDATE! Found a G26 gen3 with box, two extended mags, one reg mag, and papers/lock. $450 in lakeland, i'll keep you updated

Edit: speaking of, if I do buy a gun from someone, how do I register is properly under my name and such?

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 08-08-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #70
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
You are in FL right? I'm pretty sure no paperwork or registration is required at all...just the way it should be. You hand him cash, he hands you the Glock and you go on with your lives. Like buying a used crock pot.

SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #71
boostedisbetter

DAMMIT! He said he JUST sold it an hour ago... FML...

Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #72
speedcrazy1532

Quote:
ok but something about the thin grip gets me. It's like it doesn't seat in the palm of my hand, it more "sticks" into it with it's then edge. You know what I mean?
I know what you mean and it doesn't bother me. It's a personal thing though. Ideally I would say shoot both and see but it's not an ideal world so do what you can! Sorry for your loss on that deal lol.

-Phil
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #73
david05111

Sounded like a good deal; bummer you missed out, but there will be more of them. Just keep your eyes open.

Florida has no registration for handguns, so all you have to do by law is exchange the money and the gun and smile as both of you are happy. However, I would advise that you draft a bill of sale for the weapon that is dated with both parties' information on it. Bring 2 blanks with you and fill in the info, then both parties should sign it. It protects both of you in the event the gun was or is used in a crime. Every single weapon I have bought or sold FTF has a bill of sale; no exceptions.

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #74
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:

Edit: speaking of, if I do buy a gun from someone, how do I register is properly under my name and such?
Just make sure you BOTH are FL residents
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #75
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Sounded like a good deal; bummer you missed out, but there will be more of them. Just keep your eyes open.

Florida has no registration for handguns, so all you have to do by law is exchange the money and the gun and smile as both of you are happy. However, I would advise that you draft a bill of sale for the weapon that is dated with both parties' information on it. Bring 2 blanks with you and fill in the info, then both parties should sign it. It protects both of you in the event the gun was or is used in a crime. Every single weapon I have bought or sold FTF has a bill of sale; no exceptions.
Exactly this. And if you do buy a used one, take it down completely to inspect it and if possible, shoot it first.

I still wouldn't advise buying a used one for your carry gun though.

Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #76
boostedisbetter

Quote:
, I would advise that you draft a bill of sale for the weapon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Just make sure you BOTH are FL residents
Will do. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Exactly this. And if you do buy a used one, take it down completely to inspect it and if possible, shoot it first.

I still wouldn't advise buying a used one for your carry gun though.
I'm trying to find one new too, just at a discounted price. I've seen them pop up, just need to look more often.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #77
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
M&Ps w/2 Mags go for $459 everywhere now (if you like that gun).

I carry a M&P 40 Compact. I conceal it fine (6'1" 180 lbs). Half of the time I open carry anyways.

Looks like you know what you're looking for. Good luck with your search.

And yes, ballistics are basically the same now-a-days.

Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #78
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Technically.....IIRC.... you can use .40 cal mags in a 9mm glock also.

I've abused my share of glocks over the years.

glock VS .50

skip to the .45 mark to see the damage from the last video.

Blew the rear sight off this one:

glock soccer

Last edited by tailo; 08-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #79
david05111

did the guy really yell at you guys at the end of the G34 torture test video to "slow down and try and hit something"??

Also, this was one of the recommended videos after I watched yours. I strongly oppose gun control, but these idiots definitely make me think twice. Holy,,.

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #80
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Actually that was me saying that. I'm usually behind the camera.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote