M54B30 ZHP Turbo'd or 2JZGTE Swap? - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #21

My Ride: 02 330i & 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
More sanctimonious crap from Mango. Must be a day that ends in the letter "y".

News flash sir: Some "adults" actually enjoy the challenge of building a motor, even if it involves some fabrication and trial and error.
I agree with you, that I do enjoy the fabrication and work when it comes to modifying and swapping out parts. I guess it's the satisfaction of building something yourself.

But I do agree with Mango, he's very informative and states the true nature of doing motor swaps and turbocharging cars. It is a pain in the ass sometimes and you'll feel like you wish you've never done it from the start. I'm an adult and I do work so it's a b**** sometimes but I have 3 other cars to daily. Mango has brought us tons of valuable information even before I became a member of this forum. I've been reading his threads for maintenance info for quite some time. Thanks Mango.

I'm just unsure whether to dump money into this project or my E39 M5. The M5 needs maintenance like cooling system refresh, rod bearings, timing chain guides, etc.

Decisions decisions..
46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #22

My Ride: 02 330i & 01 M5
I also like the looks of the E46. That's why I've never decided to sell the car to buy something new. The way it drives and handles and the stuff steering is what keeps me stuck on the E46. The M5 handles differently and since I haven't done maintenance on it yet, I've never wanted to push it yet or drive through corners like I would with the E46. When I say this, I don't mean drive like a maniac, but just to turn and feel the car gripping the road and turn is just an amazing feel.
46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2jzgte, m54b30, supra, turbo, zhp