Dynavin N7 Multimedia GPS System....New For 2018 - Page 10 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #181
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Not likely.....the issue referenced above was a specific bug in the last version of the N7 firmware, not related to anything on the N6. But the symptom, the loud ding and an error message is just a system crash, the fact that it presents the same as the guy with the N7 doesn't mean much, just means that something somewhere crashed. It probably would not hurt to reinstall your N6 firmware though, and connect your nav card to the naviextras toolbox software so it can update/patch if needed.

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-19-2019 at 12:36 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #182
elfer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Transmission: 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]ionSolutions View Post
Not likely.....the issue referenced above was a specific bug in the last version of the N7 firmware, not related to anything on the N6. But the symptom, the loud ding and an error message is just a system crash, the fact that it presents the same as the guy with the N7 doesn't mean much, just means that something somewhere crashed. It probably would not hurt to reinstall your N6 firmware though, and connect your nav card to the naviextras toolbox software so it can update/patch if needed.
OK, thanks

Last edited by elfer; 04-19-2019 at 04:50 PM.
elfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:41 AM   #183
Bertieb.oz

Posted this to another forum site but it looks like it didn't post. Was hoping for some advice on my Dynavin N7

Hi Jeff and forum Members. I have just had an N7 installed in my Mercedes here in Australia. Unfortunately I'm not getting much support from the installer yet and am trying the local Dynavin dealer.
I'm really liking the N7 however there are two issues that are really affecting the experience.
(1) unlike a previous Nav system I had in another car , the Dynavin won't boot up into the Navigation maps, even if that was the last thing on the N7 when powered off. I read the 80 pages of the N6 discussion and there was a section where most users were adamant that regardless of the time between shutoff and restart (5 mins, 20 minutes, hours..) if the map was showing when the unit was switched off, it would come back on when the system next powered up. I would love that to happen with my N7 but it doesn't.
(2) iGo navigation. The manual for the navigation (and the whole N7) is woeful - I'm having to find things out by trial and error. A major problem I have is that I can't seem to search for addresses or key words or anything. The only thing I can find is existing POIs / restaurants etc near me. If I search for anything it just goes into an endless "Search in progress..." screen. On the "search area" section it's blank with a " - ". If I try to change the search area as I type, there are no results , and searching for anything in the search area section (Sydney, New South Wales, etc) just goes into the endless "Search in progress". It is like some part of the database hasn't loaded.
I have updated iGo navigation software on the SD card and had everything selected to download / update. I might try again. I also have the latest firmware installed in the N7. (I think 1.0.5.6 ??).
Does anybody have any advice on these two issues ?
Thank you
bertieb.oz
Bertieb.oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #184
jvr826

My Ride: '05 330ci 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
check the DSP setting in the sound menu, if that is on the volume control will not work on a E46 (its a E39 thing).
It's a bug. DSP is not enabled. I toggled it, rebooted it a couple times, no volume control unless I go back to the previous rev.

jvr826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:56 PM   #185
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

after you update check the info screen to confirm the firmware version and the car type listed after, it should say BMW 1. We have the current firmware on every unit we have shipped for a few months now and yours is the only instance of this I have seen so something out of the ordinary is going on there, not a typical "bug", more likely something specific to the update process in your particular unit. If the car type is not right on your unit after the update email me for specifics on how to proceed.

OR.....after the update process, make sure you remove the update SD card, having the update files sitting there can cause oddball issues. And try selecting the "factory reset" option in the system settings menu. When updating from an old firmware version it sometimes helps to reset various parameters and start from a clean slate on the new firmware.

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-20-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #186
UntaM3d

My Ride: 05 ///M Convertible
Dynavin N7 Multimedia GPS System....New For 2018

Hey Jeff,
I do not see anything here for a solution on a stuck CD.
I put a CD in, it played just fine, switched to USB for a while, went back and could not play CD again, could not eject it. It responds as though no CD is inserted, but it is. I also double checked by seeing if it would accept a new CD and....nothing.

Your thoughts are always appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Last edited by UntaM3d; 04-29-2019 at 07:42 PM.
UntaM3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:51 PM   #187
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntaM3d View Post
Hey Jeff,
I do not see anything here for a solution on a stuck CD.
I put a CD in, it played just fine, switched to USB for a while, went back and could not play CD again, could not eject it. It responds as though no CD is inserted, but it is. I also double checked by seeing if it would accept a new CD and....nothing.

Your thoughts are always appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Try holding down the MODE button until it restarts.

I remember having a similiar issue while testing everything before i installed it. I had to unplug the main harness to get the cd to eject.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by juslookin; 04-29-2019 at 07:53 PM.
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:30 PM   #188
UntaM3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
Try holding down the MODE button until it restarts.

I remember having a similiar issue while testing everything before i installed it. I had to unplug the main harness to get the cd to eject.

I have done the MODE button several times with no success, it does not make any noise or anything. Just like there is no CD in it to begin with.
Have not tried fully removing power from the harness, I suppose the fuse would accomplish the same though.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #189
DEADF15H

My Ride: 2001 325i Auto
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
Had the same issue. Stayed stuck until my battery died. Then ejected on it's own when I put the battery in. Try disconnecting then reconnecting the battery.
There's some hacks on YouTube using a flat stick with tape on it that I never got around to trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
DEADF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #190
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

if it is a N7, hold down the eject button for about 5-6 seconds to reset the disc drive, you should hear it cycle and spit out the disc. If that does not do it, press the reset button with a paperclip (its in that hole in the face).

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-30-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #191
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
Quote:
if it is a N7, hold down the eject button for about 5-6 seconds to reset the disc drive, you should hear it cycle and spit out the disc. If that does not do it, press the reset button with a paperclip (its in that hole in the face).

Aside from holding mode and eject are there any other kind of resets other buttons do?

On another note .. my 2-12” subs stopped working a couple days ago. The subs show the correct OHM on the DMM and the amp is powering up. The subs move when i push by hand. Still have some troubleshooting to do but has the dedicated sub output ever crapped out? Possible the RCA slid out from the unit but have to pull the N7 to check.

juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:16 AM   #192
tczwoju

My Ride: BMW,VW
Quote:
Hey everyone....Especially Jeff
Still loving the N7 with one exception. Every so often I get a very pound “DING” with an error in Chinese on the screen. It was thought to be a file on the USB music, but it also happens playing the radio. It always happens on the Nav screen.
I am running the latest firmware (1.0.5.6) now, but not enough time to find out if it took care of the problem, as the car has only been out of winter for a few days.
Has anyone else experienced this issue...and reported it?
Before two firmware upgrades ago, I had to cut power from the battery to reset the unit with the error on the screen, Jeff let me know how to reset the unit with the Mode button, which helped, but the “DING” still happened. Did I mention the “DING” was so loud, I thought it blew my speakers, not to mention my ears, scares the $&@€£ out of me.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi There,
I did have the same problem in my VW-N6. Issue was when I was connecting a usb thumb to wrong USB port on back of Dynavin. It dos appear that one port is designated to internet 3G dongle only. Since then I only use correct USB port for playing/charging ,the Ding has gone. Maybe it was fixed later on in latest firmware but I haven’t tested it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics mobile app
tczwoju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #193
elfer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Transmission: 6-speed
If it proves not the firmware or the USB, You could also try copying the nav files onto a fresh SD card. The problems I had with my N6 doing that were down to it not being able to read the card consistently. (I got so fed up with it doing it I ended up using a new card _and_ fitting a new card reader board, which finally cured it)
elfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #194
UntaM3d

Quote:

Thanks for the reply Jeff

When attempting the eject reset, I hear things happening, but no disc ejecting, I can peak inside the flap and see the disc, it has no movements when the reset noise is happening.
Also, removing power had no impact.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #195
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Did the CD player ever work or was this the first time you tried it? We do occasionally see a thing where the brackets that hold the disc drive can get bent slightly during shipping, causing the disc drive to be slightly mis-aligned with the front panel disc slot so it cant eject. This wont just spontaneously happen though, as I mentioned its always shipping related. If that is what is going on here its a pretty easy fix, email me for details.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #196
UntaM3d

Quote:
Did the CD player ever work or was this the first time you tried it? We do occasionally see a thing where the brackets that hold the disc drive can get bent slightly during shipping, causing the disc drive to be slightly mis-aligned with the front panel disc slot so it cant eject. This wont just spontaneously happen though, as I mentioned its always shipping related. If that is what is going on here its a pretty easy fix, email me for details.

This was the first disc I inserted, I was headed for a 1500 mile road trip, and I don’t recall actually listening to the CD as I had the USB going most of the time. I will email you, I will try anything at this point

Old 05-14-2019, 10:33 PM   #197
UntaM3d

Quote:
This was the first disc I inserted, I was headed for a 1500 mile road trip, and I don’t recall actually listening to the CD as I had the USB going most of the time. I will email you, I will try anything at this point

So, thanks to Jeff, whom I’ve been emailing about this....
Finally got a chance to pull the unit again. I was unable to find a cause when attempting to eject and reset the unit when I pulled the cover off. With all the noises of the reset and eject, the disc does not move at all.
So, being an IT person with a little electronics background, I decided to dig a little deeper. I pulled the disc player all the way out, took it apart to checkout how it should function. I noticed the tray with the rubber roller that pulls the disc in was sitting at an angle, prior to pulling the final cover off. So I opened it up, reset that roller and bingo, after putting the cover back on, the unit is accepting, playing and ejecting just fine. So, I then put the whole unit together, and ran through the paces again, it appears the disc unit mount was a little low, as when it was ejecting, it was slightly lower than the a lot, causing it to jam under the opening of the face plate. Which in turn appeared to have dislodged that roller again. Another Bingo moment...Raise the disc unit slightly, so I did that by slight bending the mounting brackets on the front posts to get the disc to align, put everything back together and works like a champ.

Whew....this thing must have gotten jarred at some point, maybe I should save the four wheeling to my 4x4 and not in the M3 anymore ....lol

Last edited by UntaM3d; 05-15-2019 at 10:15 AM.
UntaM3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #198
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Glad we got it sorted out.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #199
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Glad we got it sorted out.

Tags