Help shwagon lose 50 lbs - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
bmwuser456789123

My Ride: bmw
Help shwagon lose 50 lbs

***I know there are plenty of threads just like this one but I need an area where I can direct questions that pertain to my strategy***

Background:

Two years ago I weighed 195 lbs at a height of 6'4''. I was then put under the knife to have a hernia removed (from my upper stomach area) and the lbs started piling on...

I hopped on the scale this weekend and a whopping 262 showed up. Honestly Im kinda disgusted with myself... I have changed careers which has me behind a desk for 9 hours of the day and have let my eating get out of control.

This is the first week to my path of recovery. I have read through a few of the other weight loss threads and wanted to commend you guys on your knowledge (great link to weight loss for noobs on BB)! There are allot of good forums out there that deal with this particular subject but I feel that there is allot of positive and knowledgeable people on e46f and I'm looking forward to your ideas and help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds:

Last edited by bmwuser456789123; 08-08-2011 at 01:48 PM.
bmwuser456789123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
bmwuser456789123

Current plan:

(drink 3-4 liters of water through out the day)

Breakfast:
Microwaved egg whites and toasted whole wheat bread sandwich. 100% juice drink

Mid breakfast:
Some kind of healthy cereal bar... (I get hungry easy which I could use some ideas on how to suppress this...)

Lunch:One lean pocket roll (let me know if i should drop these) and and a can of tuna.

Mid lunch:
Maybe another cereal bar? open for suggestions (I'm always f*cking hungry)

Dinner:
I will start looking into healthy fresh alternatives for dinner and run it by you guys.

After dinner before bed time:
This is where I usually fall off. I am almost always snaking after dinner mostly out of boredom. What are some healthy alternatives (i heard that eating protein before going to bed is good and helps keep you metabolism going)?

I know I need to add in fruits and veggies, what are some easy ways to carry these to work with you (premade recipes ex.)? I will also start adding in some push ups and crunches during the evening.

Please ask me questions and give suggestions, thanks again!

Quote:
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds:

Last edited by bmwuser456789123; 08-08-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
bmwuser456789123

saved for later

Quote:
My Gun Builds:
Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Good on you for taking control of your health, it looks like you have a fairly reasonable and achievable plan so far...eventually though you will need to figure out your BMR and adjust your daily calorie intake accordingly (there are several threads on here that discuss that)

For now, I would personally swap the fruit juice for skim milk, because they tend to contain a lot of sugar....you could also try snacking on things like almonds instead of cereal bars. You can bring any fruits you enjoy, just don't overdo it.

I also prefer to stick to whole foods vs packaged stuff, so the Lean roll wouldn't work for me (pretty sure you can easily whip up a sandwich or a salad in as much time)

As for carrying everything, I bring a big bag of food with me to work everyday
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
bmwuser456789123

^ good stuff! Ill look into switching it up a little. Did well last night, grilled chicken salad and water. Got a little hungry before bed (as usual) made a bowl of whole grain granola cereal which did the trick. Scale this morning was 260... Im sure that was other factors lol.

Quote:
My Gun Builds:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
yeah stick to whole foods.

Watch bread intake, eat lots of meats, veggies, fruits. Don't be scared of fats like everyone on this earth is trained to think.

I'd suggest looking into the paleo diet but it's a very big change from what you've probably been doing.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
you really want to know what to do....

this:>>> http://www.drnatura.com/products?gcl...FQY-bAodYTN46Q

any photos on the site (very graphic warning) I can vouch for...as I had a smilar expericnce.

I did this for 3 months... I ususally do it for one month 2x a year.
but it is reccomended the first time for 3 mo. so I tried it.

1st month - up to 12lbs lost as normal -

2nd month up to 17-18 lbs lost

3rd- no kidding up to 24.5 lbs lost

I reccomend getting the pro biotics that they offer as well

PS: I did not diet. I did not exercise, although I should have.

and I too have a desk job and I'm getting a little older.
I was a bit over 220 and now I'm 197 ....just finished 3 months 2 weeks ago.

I have been using this product since 2007 on and off... and take the fiber on a fairly regular basis

I have also told friends and family.
those who listend to me lost the weight and had other healt benefits.

I do not work for this compamy. I have nothing to gain by sharing it.

I was just happy to finally see something do what it said it does for once.

GL

Last edited by Bimmer4Lyfe; 08-09-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
imolazhp_ci

My Ride: metro.
don't eat red meat while you're trying to lose weight. stick to fish and poultry. red meat makes you slow... there is a reason cows can't fly (just kidding, but seriously).

also, are you planning on working out with any of this dieting? dieting alone will be a VERY slow road to weight loss. you need to modify your metabolism. dieting alone won't do that.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Ghostie

fish can't fly either
Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
fish can't fly either
neither can turkeys or chicken, but glad you caught that fish can't.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
don't eat red meat while you're trying to lose weight. stick to fish and poultry. red meat makes you slow... there is a reason cows can't fly (just kidding, but seriously).

also, are you planning on working out with any of this dieting? dieting alone will be a VERY slow road to weight loss. you need to modify your metabolism. dieting alone won't do that.
Go on a cross fit forum and tell them cows make you slow.

Where do people get their information lol
Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Go on a cross fit forum and tell them cows make you slow.

Where do people get their information lol
i amateur box. i'm not supposed to eat beef as part of my diet... too heavy.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Lean red meat should never be left out of one's diet, unless you are a vegetarian or vegan. Of course you shouldn't be eating it every day, but there is no reason to leave it out. Lean beef has similar fat content to that of turkey/chicken, but often contains more healthy fat and more of other nutrients than turkey/chicken.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
"Meat - Stick to white meat. It is easier for your body to digest, processes faster through your body, and doesn't sit around in your stomach making you sluggish. Examples of white meat are chicken, turkey, and fish. Funny how white meat happens to be lean animals that can fly or move quickly? Red meat is the stuff you try to avoid if you can - which is beef or pork. Maybe it's because our cows and pigs are fed crap that it makes their meat less healthy for the body."

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...hy-boxers-diet

I can see the digestion being a problem if you're going to eat a steak a few hours before a fight, but everything else seems silly.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
Ghostie

Quote:
neither can turkeys or chicken, but glad you caught that fish can't.
no doubt because they eat red meat
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
DylloS

Quote:
i amateur box. i'm not supposed to eat beef as part of my diet... too heavy.
Who says your coach? I can almost guarantee a lot of boxers are eating beef.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
Ghostie

FYI Turkeys and Chickens can fly (albeit in short bursts)
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Ghostie

In the interest of keeping this thread on track and helping the OP, you can skip red meat if you like. I don't think it will hurt you either way, but it isn't absolutely required
Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #19
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Who says your coach? I can almost guarantee a lot of boxers are eating beef.
yeah. my coach. not saying red meat is BAD. but there is no advantage to it over fish or poultry. not to mention lean red meat tastes like cardboard... so for what? fish is definitely the best. granted, for my purposes i'm trying to maintain a certain body fat percentage and power/weight ratio. he's just trying to lose weight at this stage so what works for me probably isn't best for him at this stage.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #20
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
OP, IMO you're eating too little and your metabolism is grinding to a halt.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote