Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software... - Page 388 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #7741
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 454
My Ride: Manual 2001 330ci
Year: 2001
Model: 330CI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software...

Double post
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IN SEARCH OF
CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR CARBON FIBER OR PIANO BLACK TRIM
ORIENT BLUE M3 VERT FRONT BUMPER
ORIENT BLUE VERT PRE-FACELIFT FRONT FENDERS

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 01-13-2020 at 02:31 PM.
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #7742
jarheadp3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: GB
Posts: 6
My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
It’s the threshold for fuel cut. If you set it to 7008 rpm, you will never reach 7000 rpm on decel, therefore, it’ll never fuel cut, hence staying in overrun condition and popping.
But this can lead to rev hang in most applications because of the excessive fuel being dump in off throttle conditions. This is why using the timer settings is usually the most ideal.

Pulling more timing may help burn up the excessive fuel and reduce rev hang, just a theory. Maybe some fire if catless.



Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Isnt that determined by the 'Minimum engine speed for trailing throttle fuel cut'? I was under the impression that minimum speed was where you insert 7008 for endless pops and hysteresis controlled the frequency? Also I was using the timers however I like the idea of switchable crackle maps with a/c which isn't possible with the timer maps as far as I'm aware?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #7743
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 454
My Ride: Manual 2001 330ci
Year: 2001
Model: 330CI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
Isnt that determined by the 'Minimum engine speed for trailing throttle fuel cut'? I was under the impression that minimum speed was where you insert 7008 for endless pops and hysteresis controlled the frequency? Also I was using the timers however I like the idea of switchable crackle maps with a/c which isn't possible with the timer maps as far as I'm aware?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk


Yes, minimum engine speed tables (ac on and off) do this.
By there’s also a hysteresis table by vehicle speed and gear with does the same. For overrun condition, “hysteresis” isn’t necessarily frequency.




Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IN SEARCH OF
CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR CARBON FIBER OR PIANO BLACK TRIM
ORIENT BLUE M3 VERT FRONT BUMPER
ORIENT BLUE VERT PRE-FACELIFT FRONT FENDERS

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 01-13-2020 at 06:56 PM.
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #7744
VDubG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: N/A Town
Posts: 17
My Ride: E46 330CI
Year: 2001
Transmission: Manual
Hello again ,

Since ill buy new headers , i decided to do a secondary air pump delete ( also for the look ) , it's super clean and it does not give me any CEL .

My question is since it does not give me any error , is there anything i should modify on the map if i deleted the pump ? Do i have to disable it from there to ?

Thank you !
VDubG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:15 AM   #7745
jarheadp3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: GB
Posts: 6
My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
Yes, minimum engine speed tables (ac on and off) do this.
By there’s also a hysteresis table by vehicle speed and gear with does the same. For overrun condition, “hysteresis” isn’t necessarily frequency.




Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Aah okay ill have another play then, I've just taken off the minimum engine speed setting and it's got rid of the hang so it was that instead of the hysteresis settings, so seems that way of getting exhaust pops needs more fine tuning to avoid rev hang

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:17 AM   #7746
jarheadp3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: GB
Posts: 6
My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubG View Post
Hello again ,

Since ill buy new headers , i decided to do a secondary air pump delete ( also for the look ) , it's super clean and it does not give me any CEL .

My question is since it does not give me any error , is there anything i should modify on the map if i deleted the pump ? Do i have to disable it from there to ?

Thank you !
Yes you can find it on the wiki you have to change C_CONF_SAP to 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #7747
VDubG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: N/A Town
Posts: 17
My Ride: E46 330CI
Year: 2001
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
Yes you can find it on the wiki you have to change C_CONF_SAP to 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Ops , missed the sap part on wiki .

Thank you , i appreciate it !
VDubG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #7748
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 454
My Ride: Manual 2001 330ci
Year: 2001
Model: 330CI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
Aah okay ill have another play then, I've just taken off the minimum engine speed setting and it's got rid of the hang so it was that instead of the hysteresis settings, so seems that way of getting exhaust pops needs more fine tuning to avoid rev hang

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk


You’ll be better off adjusting the timer maps and hysteresis for engine speed and gear. Unless you want the burbles by ac on/off state.




Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IN SEARCH OF
CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR CARBON FIBER OR PIANO BLACK TRIM
ORIENT BLUE M3 VERT FRONT BUMPER
ORIENT BLUE VERT PRE-FACELIFT FRONT FENDERS
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #7749
AgusVan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
Soooo guys....is this bricked? broken? i managed to read this file from a ms43, but i cant write to it (reading appears succesful) nor i can connect to with impa or any reader. Its obvious im doing something extremely wrong but i cant figure out what. Tested with every XDF i downloaded and none of it worked.
tried different cables, came out 3 same bins like this file. Pretty confused about it.
I couldnt find any errors like this one so thats why i ask here, if it needs to be moved, feel free.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf what.pdf (512.0 KB, 11 views)
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:53 PM   #7750
jarheadp3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: GB
Posts: 6
My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgusVan View Post
Soooo guys....is this bricked? broken? i managed to read this file from a ms43, but i cant write to it (reading appears succesful) nor i can connect to with impa or any reader. Its obvious im doing something extremely wrong but i cant figure out what. Tested with every XDF i downloaded and none of it worked.

tried different cables, came out 3 same bins like this file. Pretty confused about it.

I couldnt find any errors like this one so thats why i ask here, if it needs to be moved, feel free.
What program are you using to read the ecu? Do you get any error codes when trying to write, and does the ecu still start the car and run OK?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #7751
AgusVan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #7752
AgusVan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
Damn doubles.

Last edited by AgusVan; 01-15-2020 at 09:17 AM.
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:24 AM   #7753
jarheadp3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: GB
Posts: 6
My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgusVan View Post
JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!
Very strange, have you tried doing a full read of the working ecu on your car? If it works fine with that I would assume theres definitely a problem with the spare ecu, also are you trying this on a bench flasher? Ive seen quite a few posts if people having problems with bench flashers, also you could try reading the full flash with ms4x flash tool instead incase the program is at fault?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited by jarheadp3; 01-16-2020 at 03:26 AM.
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #7754
AgusVan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
Its on a bench, i will try downloading the flash of the original ecu this weekend. Thanks again, ill keep posting about this.
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #7755
m54e30t
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 81
My Ride: e30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgusVan View Post
JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!
If you're trying to open the file in tunerpro, you need to use a partial (64kb) file, not the 512kb boot mode read.

Or adjust the XDF header offset to 70000
m54e30t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #7756
AgusVan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
I did, with every 512kb file for every ecu definition. that's why i uploaded the file, cause maybe theres something im missing.
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:21 PM   #7757
m54e30t
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 81
My Ride: e30
Nope the file is definitely very wrong. Looks like its been encrypted somehow.
Have you tried reading a partial with ms4x?
m54e30t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:22 PM   #7758
AgusVan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m54e30t View Post
Nope the file is definitely very wrong. Looks like its been encrypted somehow.
Have you tried reading a partial with ms4x?
ms4x doesnt even find the ecu with any of the cables i have. this weekend ill have the car in my home to test if it is something in my cables/pc or is it the dme.
Thanks for your help/patience!
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #7759
m54e30t
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 81
My Ride: e30
double

Last edited by m54e30t; 01-17-2020 at 01:40 AM.
m54e30t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #7760
Barracuz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Providence, R.I.
Posts: 116
My Ride: 01' 525i Manual
Make sure the cable drivers are installed. What cable are you using?

If you're using a kline/inpa cable you need to power on the dme first, connect the inpa cable to the dme making sure the cable is also getting 12v and then plug into computer. Check device manager that the cable is operational and without errors. Then open up MS4x.
Barracuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.