Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software... - Page 388 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #7741
d_cleverzz

My Ride: Manual 2001 330ci
Year: 2001
Model: 330CI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software...

Double post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IN SEARCH OF
CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR CARBON FIBER OR PIANO BLACK TRIM
ORIENT BLUE M3 VERT FRONT BUMPER
ORIENT BLUE VERT PRE-FACELIFT FRONT FENDERS

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 01-13-2020 at 02:31 PM.
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #7742
jarheadp3

My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
It’s the threshold for fuel cut. If you set it to 7008 rpm, you will never reach 7000 rpm on decel, therefore, it’ll never fuel cut, hence staying in overrun condition and popping.
But this can lead to rev hang in most applications because of the excessive fuel being dump in off throttle conditions. This is why using the timer settings is usually the most ideal.

Pulling more timing may help burn up the excessive fuel and reduce rev hang, just a theory. Maybe some fire if catless.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Isnt that determined by the 'Minimum engine speed for trailing throttle fuel cut'? I was under the impression that minimum speed was where you insert 7008 for endless pops and hysteresis controlled the frequency? Also I was using the timers however I like the idea of switchable crackle maps with a/c which isn't possible with the timer maps as far as I'm aware?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #7743
d_cleverzz

Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
Isnt that determined by the 'Minimum engine speed for trailing throttle fuel cut'? I was under the impression that minimum speed was where you insert 7008 for endless pops and hysteresis controlled the frequency? Also I was using the timers however I like the idea of switchable crackle maps with a/c which isn't possible with the timer maps as far as I'm aware?

Yes, minimum engine speed tables (ac on and off) do this.
By there’s also a hysteresis table by vehicle speed and gear with does the same. For overrun condition, “hysteresis” isn’t necessarily frequency.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IN SEARCH OF

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 01-13-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #7744
VDubG

My Ride: E46 330CI
Transmission: Manual
Hello again ,

Since ill buy new headers , i decided to do a secondary air pump delete ( also for the look ) , it's super clean and it does not give me any CEL .

My question is since it does not give me any error , is there anything i should modify on the map if i deleted the pump ? Do i have to disable it from there to ?

Thank you !
VDubG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:15 AM   #7745
jarheadp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
Yes, minimum engine speed tables (ac on and off) do this.
By there’s also a hysteresis table by vehicle speed and gear with does the same. For overrun condition, “hysteresis” isn’t necessarily frequency.

Aah okay ill have another play then, I've just taken off the minimum engine speed setting and it's got rid of the hang so it was that instead of the hysteresis settings, so seems that way of getting exhaust pops needs more fine tuning to avoid rev hang

Old 01-14-2020, 06:17 AM   #7746
jarheadp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubG View Post
Hello again ,

Since ill buy new headers , i decided to do a secondary air pump delete ( also for the look ) , it's super clean and it does not give me any CEL .

My question is since it does not give me any error , is there anything i should modify on the map if i deleted the pump ? Do i have to disable it from there to ?

Thank you !
Yes you can find it on the wiki you have to change C_CONF_SAP to 1

Old 01-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #7747
VDubG

My Ride: E46 330CI
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
Yes you can find it on the wiki you have to change C_CONF_SAP to 1

Ops , missed the sap part on wiki .

Thank you , i appreciate it !
VDubG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #7748
d_cleverzz

Quote:
Aah okay ill have another play then, I've just taken off the minimum engine speed setting and it's got rid of the hang so it was that instead of the hysteresis settings, so seems that way of getting exhaust pops needs more fine tuning to avoid rev hang

You’ll be better off adjusting the timer maps and hysteresis for engine speed and gear. Unless you want the burbles by ac on/off state.

IN SEARCH OF
Old 01-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #7749
AgusVan

Soooo guys....is this bricked? broken? i managed to read this file from a ms43, but i cant write to it (reading appears succesful) nor i can connect to with impa or any reader. Its obvious im doing something extremely wrong but i cant figure out what. Tested with every XDF i downloaded and none of it worked.
tried different cables, came out 3 same bins like this file. Pretty confused about it.
I couldnt find any errors like this one so thats why i ask here, if it needs to be moved, feel free.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf what.pdf (512.0 KB, 11 views)
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:53 PM   #7750
jarheadp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgusVan View Post
Soooo guys....is this bricked? broken? i managed to read this file from a ms43, but i cant write to it (reading appears succesful) nor i can connect to with impa or any reader. Its obvious im doing something extremely wrong but i cant figure out what. Tested with every XDF i downloaded and none of it worked.

tried different cables, came out 3 same bins like this file. Pretty confused about it.

I couldnt find any errors like this one so thats why i ask here, if it needs to be moved, feel free.
What program are you using to read the ecu? Do you get any error codes when trying to write, and does the ecu still start the car and run OK?

Old 01-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #7751
AgusVan

JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #7752
AgusVan

Damn doubles.

Last edited by AgusVan; 01-15-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:24 AM   #7753
jarheadp3

Quote:
JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!
Very strange, have you tried doing a full read of the working ecu on your car? If it works fine with that I would assume theres definitely a problem with the spare ecu, also are you trying this on a bench flasher? Ive seen quite a few posts if people having problems with bench flashers, also you could try reading the full flash with ms4x flash tool instead incase the program is at fault?

Last edited by jarheadp3; 01-16-2020 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #7754
AgusVan

Its on a bench, i will try downloading the flash of the original ecu this weekend. Thanks again, ill keep posting about this.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #7755
m54e30t

My Ride: e30
Quote:

Thanks for your help!
If you're trying to open the file in tunerpro, you need to use a partial (64kb) file, not the 512kb boot mode read.

Or adjust the XDF header offset to 70000
m54e30t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #7756
AgusVan

I did, with every 512kb file for every ecu definition. that's why i uploaded the file, cause maybe theres something im missing.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:21 PM   #7757
m54e30t

Nope the file is definitely very wrong. Looks like its been encrypted somehow.
Have you tried reading a partial with ms4x?
Old 01-16-2020, 11:22 PM   #7758
AgusVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m54e30t View Post
Nope the file is definitely very wrong. Looks like its been encrypted somehow.
Have you tried reading a partial with ms4x?
ms4x doesnt even find the ecu with any of the cables i have. this weekend ill have the car in my home to test if it is something in my cables/pc or is it the dme.
Thanks for your help/patience!
Old 01-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #7759
m54e30t

double

Last edited by m54e30t; 01-17-2020 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #7760
Barracuz

My Ride: 01' 525i Manual
Make sure the cable drivers are installed. What cable are you using?

If you're using a kline/inpa cable you need to power on the dme first, connect the inpa cable to the dme making sure the cable is also getting 12v and then plug into computer. Check device manager that the cable is operational and without errors. Then open up MS4x.
Barracuz is offline   Reply With Quote