Spannerhead's 2002 Orient Blue 330i/5 Slicktop - Page 12 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 11-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #221
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Love your car, Spanner. Any interest in selling it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:24 PM   #222
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
We've been getting some heavy rains, and the carpets have been slightly damp, and I've seen some condensation on the inside of the windows, so I resealed the vapor barriers today.

Pretty easy job. I used this stuff:

It comes in foot-long strips. Very easy to place, very pliable, sticky, etc:

There were loose sections of each of the 4 vapor barriers:

I scraped off as much of the old sealant as I could, and doubled up the 3M strips for extra security:

Everything went back down just fine. Nothing broke except for the armrest bolt covers/plugs. I have yet to figure out how to consistently remove those without breaking them.

I also got PA Soft 1.4 installed on an old ThinkPad T30 I had kicking around in storage. It had an old Ubuntu OS, so I ordered and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP off eBay (~$25). Turned off the airbag light. Looking forward to doing more customization like the temp gauge and speedo accuracy mods.

Merry Christmas all!

Last edited by Spannerhead; 12-14-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #223
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
Good **** on the car! Happy to see updates, boy do I need to do one too. Awesome deal on the laptop! Probably should do one of those, or count my blessings my VM does fine
|
|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #224
MBCO

My Ride: AW|NB 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
180K and counting! Runs great.
I think we hit 180k around the same time.

by
, on Flickr
IG:
MBCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #225
Spannerhead

A few updates:

- Replaced the oil level sensor last weekend in conjunction with an oil change. No more yellow oil light every startup!
- DSC/ABS module died. Need to replace that and flush/bleed the brakes.
- I have a new FSR waiting to go in.
- Need to actually replace the driver's rear door vapor barrier. The sealant strips worked BUT there's still a small tear in the barrier itself that's letting water through.

183K and counting...

Old 03-09-2020, 10:17 AM   #226
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
I think the issue I had with brakes was my ABS module going bad, but I'm starting to think that changing the caliper and not actually bleeding the system completely led to the module failing. Either way, I guess I would not have been able to drive my car anymore even if I still had it considering the new issue with Takata airbags

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:17 PM   #227
Spannerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
I think the issue I had with brakes was my ABS module going bad, but I'm starting to think that changing the caliper and not actually bleeding the system completely led to the module failing. Either way, I guess I would not have been able to drive my car anymore even if I still had it considering the new issue with Takata airbags
Yeah you struggled with a brake issue for a long time, didn't you? I think I remember that.

Still, it would have been easier for you to resolve than me; your ABS module was in the drug bin and mine is tucked under the MC. Sigh.

AFAIK the recall is available for the early cars now. There were supply issues initially, but I think they've resolved that and the buyback is no more.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #228
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
I'll eventually get back into an E46 (or a few) eventually. Now's just not the right time

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...id=autotempest

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #229
bendoscopy

My Ride: 330Ci M + 320Ci
Transmission: 5MT
Your grey interior puts mine to shame. Wet English winters have not been kind.

Great thread as always!

BMW E46 330Ci M-Sport 2001 topasblau/grau 110k miles
BMW E46 320Ci Sport 2002 topasblau/hellbeige 125k miles

|
|
| drive tastefully
bendoscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #230
Spannerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
I'll eventually get back into an E46 (or a few) eventually. Now's just not the right time

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...id=autotempest
^Nice example! Crazy high miles though. But cool to see a facelift Orient car with clears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendoscopy View Post
Your grey interior puts mine to shame. Wet English winters have not been kind.

Great thread as always!
Thanks! I do need to get some nice Weathertech mats at some point...
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM   #231
Spannerhead

Some COVID-19 work today: Installed a new FSR I've had kicking around the garage since January.

Thought it would be a nice, relaxing job after the frustrations and lack of motivation I've been dealing with on the 240Z.

Yeah...no. Had to fight everything to get access, and then fought everything getting it all buttoned up. Really annoying job. But it's in.

New FSR ready to go:

Glove box "carnage" (nothing's broken; just removed):

The Zone of Inaccessibility:

New (left) and old (right).

Current status: Clean but pollen-y. At least Benjen gets to enjoy the shade.