War in Syria - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
War in Syria

It's happening: US has launched tomahawk cruise missiles into Syria.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
ed17331

Trump gave no advance warning to Putin (maybe they aren't such good buddies after all).
Old 04-06-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
ed17331

Over 50 Tomahawks at $1.4 million each. That's an expensive message to Assad & Putin.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #4
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Just released that the Russian military was notified.

Quote:
There were Russians at the base that the US struck Thursday night, a US defense official. It was not said what the Russians' role was at the base. In addition, according to the official, the US had multiple conversations with the Russians today to warn them of the coming attack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bgsmith; 04-06-2017 at 10:42 PM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
Trump could have sent chemical weapons experts to find out the truth but instead he sent missiles. Stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Are you getting hot air no matter where you set your A/C in your E46? Check out this ancient thread! Chime in with your experience:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
Trump could have sent chemical weapons experts to find out the truth but instead he sent missiles. Stupidity.

So what killed all those people, or are all the videos and images of the aftermath fake?

Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Remember that one time when Trump kept tweeting to Obama that he should stay out of Syria

Sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
swordsman11868

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
So what killed all those people, or are all the videos and images of the aftermath fake?

Why would Assad use the one thing THE WORLD knows would bring condemnation and a military response?

He's winning! Aleppo is free. Damascus is secure. Raqqa is about to fall.

Why the f would he eff that up? Just so he could teach a few civvies a lesson?

He could have just bombed the **** out of that town with conventional weapons until no building was left standing if he wanted to kill civilians. And the world wouldn't have batted an eye.

The ONLY explanation that makes any sense is that the jihadists gassed their own. Sarin was taken from Iraq and also Turkey seized some in 2013. It's in the area and the baddies have it.

Syria gave up their stockpiles and that was confirmed.

So now what does Assad have to lose? He should just unleash ALL the Sarin he has, right? Kill all the jihadis he doesn't like. Right?

But that won't happen. He doesn't have any more CWs.

Are you getting hot air no matter where you set your A/C in your E46? Check out this ancient thread! Chime in with your experience:
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 PM   #9
swordsman11868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Remember that one time when Trump kept tweeting to Obama that he should stay out of Syria

Sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Yeah I can't fathom what McCain, the Pentagon , the Saudis and Israel told him to make him change his mind.

This is just a pretext for war. The neocons have been planning this for so long and Trump doesn't realize he's being manipulated.

Prove me wrong, Mr Trump. Send experts and bring back the evidence.

Oh right. You can't cuz they'll get beheaded.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #10
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
Yeah I can't fathom what McCain, the Pentagon , the Saudis and Israel told him to make him change his mind.

This is just a pretext for war. The neocons have been planning this for so long and Trump doesn't realize he's being manipulated.

Prove me wrong, Mr Trump. Send experts and bring back the evidence.

Oh right. You can't cuz they'll get beheaded.
I guess finding out you were wrong about yellowcake hasn't caused you to rethink your view that our government will always lie just because they want a war?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #11
swordsman11868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
I guess finding out you were wrong about yellowcake hasn't caused you to rethink your view that our government will always lie just because they want a war?

Sorry but Powell sold us a bill of goods that said, in effect, "if we don't remove Saddam by next Thursday he will drop a nuke on New York."

He was no where near obtaining a nuke and his CW stockpiles, were old and deteriorating.

In other words he was NOT a Clear and Present Danger to the United States.

Unless he had thousands of nuclear centrifuges to process the U-238 into U-235?

So no I'm not persuaded. But I will admit that at the time I thought a war was a good idea. I have since changed my mind.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #12
swordsman11868

The left keeps screaming "the Russians!" when Israel, Turkey and KSA decide where US missiles will fall.

I voted for the US to get out of interventionist, destabilizing wars.

I think this will hurt Trump's re-election potential.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #13
swordsman11868

Either the jihadists purposely gassed their own people or stored the gas IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY knowing that if it were bombed civilians would be exposed.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #14
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
anyone remember these? I have a set.

BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #15
swordsman11868

The worst outcome is that the Al Qaeda jihadis will use this to launch counter attacks against the SAA.

Thanks Trump. The US is now officially Al Qaeda's Air Force.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:34 AM   #16
swordsman11868

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Old 04-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #17
swordsman11868

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post

Shocking isn't it?

Someone killed those kids.

Who says those kids aren't Alawites?

Thousands of Shia Alawites have been disappeared. Convenient use of captives?

Tell you what- let's go there and ask the locals.

Oh right we can't. They're head choppers.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #18
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
That's one way to boost approval numbers...

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #19
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
That's one way to boost approval numbers...
Probably the real reason behind this.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #20
swordsman11868

Call 202-456- 1414 and tell Trump how much you disapprove of attacking countries that pose no threat to the US.