Levitation photography Questions - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Levitation photography Questions

Hey guys as I've posted in the past here some of you probably know I have a 70D with the 18-55 STM lens and 50mm 1.8 STM.

Anyways. I've been doing small portrait jobs for organizations in college just for money (you can look up Temple Crassfire or DKD Delta Chapter on facebook to see these pictures). While looking around portraits are boring to me. It's the same deal over and over again. I'm trying to branch out and the other day I stumbled across pictures of levitation photography where the subject appears to be floating in mid air.

So while I'm doing all this reading and trying to figure out how to approach it, how many of you guys have tried this? And what tips might you have for me in terms of:
1. Initial composition
2. Lighting
3. Editing

Also, some of the pictures you'll find on google are very obvious that they were photo edited because the person's body has awkward curves caused by the object the used. How do I avoid this and obtain a more natural looking photograph?
Edit: also I'll probably shoot using the 50 prime. I'm really not a fan of the 18-55

Last edited by awesomechinz; 12-28-2015 at 11:14 AM.
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
I haven't tried it but I remember seeing a video on youtube showing how you can do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saxual328ci is offline   Reply With Quote