Apex ARC 8 18x9" ET30 Fitment on ZHP - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Tire & Wheel Forum

Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
Jacob Mireles

My Ride: 330cic ZHP
Year: 2006
Apex ARC 8 18x9" ET30 Fitment on ZHP

I have a 2006 ZHP convertible. I was wondering if I would be able to run these wheels on stock zhp suspension. I had seen on the ZHP mafia forum ZHP Pizza was running 19x9.5" ET 35 with 235 width tires. Wondering if these wheels would work for me and if anyone had run these before on their ZHP. I really love the look of the concave of the profile 3. Thanks
Jacob Mireles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
tcphoto

My Ride: E92 335 MT Coupe
I think that ET 30 is cutting it close. I have a set of Style 197's on my E46 Cic with ET34 front and ET37 rear and it was pretty close to the fenders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4495.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	786589  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I think that ET 30 is cutting it close. I have a set of Style 197's on my E46 Cic with ET34 front and ET37 rear and it was pretty close to the fenders.
What size tires are you running???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
BIC_BAWS

My Ride: '02 330ci
Gotta cut the rear fenders - I'm at 18x8.5 +32 (front - 235/40/18) and 18x9.5 +35 (rear - 255/35/18)

Front rubs after a big bump. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_212559.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	786591

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 10-25-2019 at 01:30 PM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
tcphoto

My Ride: E92 335 MT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Mireles View Post
What size tires are you running???
I no longer own it, the E92 replaced it. I went with the standard ZHP setup of 225/40/18 and 255/35/18.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6840.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	786605  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
VpointVick

My Ride: '03 325iT Mysticblau
Apex has this marked as an "aggressive street fitment" w/245/40/18s, but that they say it'll fit with mods means that it'll fit, and in fact I'm waiting for mine to arrive at this moment.

According to them we'll need 2 degrees of camber and possible trimming of the bumper in the front, and fender rolling in the rear.
https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

I'd bought a set of them in 18x9.5 ET 35 a couple of years ago but when I test fit one on the back it looked like there was no way that it was going to fit so I never got around to putting tires on them and resold them for what I had in them (luckily). I feel a lot more confident this time around,
VpointVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #7
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VpointVick View Post
Apex has this marked as an "aggressive street fitment" w/245/40/18s, but that they say it'll fit with mods means that it'll fit, and in fact I'm waiting for mine to arrive at this moment.

According to them we'll need 2 degrees of camber and possible trimming of the bumper in the front, and fender rolling in the rear.
https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

I'd bought a set of them in 18x9.5 ET 35 a couple of years ago but when I test fit one on the back it looked like there was no way that it was going to fit so I never got around to putting tires on them and resold them for what I had in them (luckily). I feel a lot more confident this time around,
Do you have any suspension mods done to your car to allow for that better fitment they speak of? I might just try to get some rear style zhp wheels and run a square zhp wheel setup instead at this point.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #8
VpointVick

Quote:
Do you have any suspension mods done to your car to allow for that better fitment they speak of? I might just try to get some rear style zhp wheels and run a square zhp wheel setup instead at this point.
No suspension mods required beyond the camber in the front.

I'll be staying on stock sport suspension.

EDIT: I think I see what you were seeing. Suspension mods aren't required with that size, although you may need spacers to make some inner clearance if you're running some coilovers.

Last edited by VpointVick; 10-27-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:21 PM   #9
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
No suspension mods required beyond the camber in the front.

I'll be staying on stock sport suspension.

EDIT: I think I see what you were seeing. Suspension mods aren't required with that size, although you may need spacers to make some inner clearance if you're running some coilovers.
Yeah I'm on stock ZHP suspension, which I don't think is very different from the sport suspension. I thinking of running those rims or ZHP rears all around, still debating though. Not sure if fitting them would be an issue.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #10
VpointVick

Quote:
Yeah I'm on stock ZHP suspension, which I don't think is very different from the sport suspension. I thinking of running those rims or ZHP rears all around, still debating though. Not sure if fitting them would be an issue.
Beefier control arms are the only difference.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #11
VpointVick

FTR, I got my wheels in and had the tires mounted Friday and the fit is perfect. I have hit one bump rather aggressively with my old set still in the hatch (so, a little weight back there) and had a very light rub on the left rear, so I will roll the fenders to gain some clearance, but I'll leave it on stock sport suspension and stock camber numbers.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #12
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
FTR, I got my wheels in and had the tires mounted Friday and the fit is perfect. I have hit one bump rather aggressively with my old set still in the hatch (so, a little weight back there) and had a very light rub on the left rear, so I will roll the fenders to gain some clearance, but I'll leave it on stock sport suspension and stock camber numbers.
That's awesome! Any pics of them on the car? And did you end up going with 245/35/R18 tires? Also your suspension is fully stock correct?
Old 11-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #13
VpointVick

Quote:
That's awesome! Any pics of them on the car? And did you end up going with 245/35/R18 tires? Also your suspension is fully stock correct?
Yes and yes.
I haven't taken any pics yet because a) the weather has been crappy all weekend, and b) my car is all kinds of taken apart for a respray and looks like something out of Mad Max.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #14
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
Yes and yes.
I haven't taken any pics yet because a) the weather has been crappy all weekend, and b) my car is all kinds of taken apart for a respray and looks like something out of Mad Max.
Hahaha no worries! I'll be looking forward to see those pics! And what finish did you go for on the wheels?
Old 11-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #15
VpointVick

Quote:
Hahaha no worries! I'll be looking forward to see those pics! And what finish did you go for on the wheels?
Hyper Black.

My car is mystic blue and will have the gloss shadowline trim so the wheels being bright silver would have looked out of place, but also not into the murdered out black look either.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #16
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
Hyper Black.

My car is mystic blue and will have the gloss shadowline trim so the wheels being bright silver would have looked out of place, but also not into the murdered out black look either.
Yeah, I bet that looks sweet! I'm excited to see. Also what you imagine the difference in the 18x9.5 ET35 and the 18x9 ET30. I'm wanting to fit a 245 tire on them, but the look I'm going for is the nice concave look. I imagine those should look similar to the 18x9.5 ET35? I know ET35 is not as aggressive of an offset, but the added width should make up for that. And I don't think I'll have any issues running 18x9 ET30 with 245 tires all around I would imagine.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #17
VpointVick

Old 11-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #18
VpointVick

If my calculations are correct I gained ~5mm clearance at the wheel arch with the half inch narrower wheel, and I don't know if Apex changed something or what, but I had originally gotten the 9.5s because that was the narrowest that I could go and still get the deep dish face, but now the 9" has it too.
I honestly don't think that the 9.5s would have fit without substantial work, glad that I've gone this route and I still get the deep face.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #19
Jacob Mireles

Quote:
If my calculations are correct I gained ~5mm clearance at the wheel arch with the half inch narrower wheel, and I don't know if Apex changed something or what, but I had originally gotten the 9.5s because that was the narrowest that I could go and still get the deep dish face, but now the 9" has it too.
I honestly don't think that the 9.5s would have fit without substantial work, glad that I've gone this route and I still get the deep face.
Those wheels look superrrrr nice on that for sure. I love it, and what color are you getting the car resprayed?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #20
VpointVick

Quote:
Those wheels look superrrrr nice on that for sure. I love it, and what color are you getting the car resprayed?
Same color, mystic blue metallic. I had a minor fender bender that necessitated a new front bumper and decided to go with the M Tech II one, and that led to the matching rear bumper since the dealer had it available again after having been out for over a year, and then I found a good set of side skirts.

I missed our three days of Autumn here in the South, now need it to warm back up since I don't have any heat in my garage and it needs to be over 60 to spray.