Vancouver, 604. Meet - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums

Regional Forums
General discussion, upcoming events and questions about what's going on in your area.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2004, 05:47 AM   #1
color_wolf

Lightbulb Vancouver, 604. Meet

I am seeing if anyone is interested in having a pretty large car enthusiast gathering in Vancouver, BC. It is kinda like a car rally. Plans are set for early summer or late spring and if it is successful I will make it an annual meet.

The plan is to meet somewhere in the Vancouver area and then drive up to Whistler. I think the Whistler drive will be quite fun to do. Then we will stay in Whistler for one night and have a party there where you will get to hang out and get to know other car enthusiasts in the area. Pricing is still undetermined since I need to see the interest level to determine what deal I can get on hotels.

If you are interested and know people who would be interested please leave me a message or email me at [email protected] . Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:06 AM   #2
color_wolf

no responses at all ??

i guess no one intersted in the Vancouver area ...

Common guys. This is a great opportunity to start something great. At least give me some feedback to the idea.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2004, 04:27 AM   #3
E46_Angemon
Europrojektz NW

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Send a message via ICQ to E46_Angemon Send a message via AIM to E46_Angemon Send a message via MSN to E46_Angemon
Sounds like a good idea. I didn't see this post until today but definitely set something up for March so more people can hear about this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Original e46fanatics member

Europrojektz Northwest | Retired

"Do you guys ever get that feeling where you're leaning over to the side when you're really just standing still...?"
Old 02-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #4
BabyBlack

My Ride: M3
Sounds good, but isn't that there is snow on S2S highway??
Old 02-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #5
Three30i

My Ride: 2001 330i
Sounds awesome, maybe i can help. Sent you an email.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #6
hamann 330Ci

My Ride: 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to hamann 330Ci
i'll go......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #7
FredS

Shiftin.com will be holding a bunch of street races come good weather. We're also going to be holding a huge meet with a few of the local sites, cruise out to Seattle's race track.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
srlai02

I'll go... is it going to be a ski vacation? Don't have snows, so can't go if it's snowing... it'll be a great idea!
Old 02-08-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
M Baby

My Ride: M Coupe
Ok sure lets go.

I have couple other friends coming, but they arn't bmw. Is that ok?
Old 02-09-2004, 04:50 AM   #10
color_wolf

OK

Lets try to clear some things up. The meet will be near the late spring early summer time so there is no snow on the sea to sky highway. I believe there are still some runs open during that time of the year so if there are some skiers they are free to go. The meet/rally is available to everyone that is willing to pay for hotel and stuff. I will have many friends going just to try to get the ball rolling. So far the sign ups are 1 M3, 1 SC430, 1 Porsche Turbo, 1 G35 coupe, 1 Honda accord coupe. If you are intersted plz pm me your email so I can reply to you. Also, if you have friends that are intersted in going then by all means invite them. The more people we have the more fun it will be.

Thanks a lot guys
Old 02-09-2004, 04:56 AM   #11
color_wolf

Also thank you for those who have offered to help. A response will be sent when more things are confirmed.

THanks
Bryant
Old 02-09-2004, 02:02 PM   #12
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
suuurree.. an organized meet sounds good.

p.s.Colour wolf.. got your tint done yet?

Orz
Old 02-09-2004, 03:01 PM   #13
bmwerkes
Para-Magic

My Ride: 01 330i, 5 spd
I may be interested

email me details at [email protected]

ACT Streetlight Flywheel, ACT Sport clutch, Rogue Engineering SSK, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, KONI Yellows, Alcantara M3 Coby Wrapped Wheel, Dinan Strut Tower Brace, Active Autowerke Headers, Kassel Performance Tune, BMW Performance Rotors, ZHP Shift Knob, UUC Transmission Mounts w/ Enforcers, SAP Delete,
Old 02-09-2004, 03:11 PM   #14
bmwerkes
Para-Magic

My Ride: 01 330i, 5 spd
Forget it, i'm out

After going to "shiftin.com" and reading about street-racing i'm out!! The street is no place for racing. If you want to race, be a man...bring it out to the autocross track where we can see how good you really are. I dont associate with street racers, its dangerous and its stupid...

ACT Streetlight Flywheel, ACT Sport clutch, Rogue Engineering SSK, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, KONI Yellows, Alcantara M3 Coby Wrapped Wheel, Dinan Strut Tower Brace, Active Autowerke Headers, Kassel Performance Tune, BMW Performance Rotors, ZHP Shift Knob, UUC Transmission Mounts w/ Enforcers, SAP Delete,
Old 02-10-2004, 01:08 AM   #15
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
what? 'a drive up to whistler' doesn't mean it's a race..

Orz
Old 02-10-2004, 06:45 AM   #16
color_wolf

i am not associated with shiftin.com or any other site. This is just a friendly get together of car enthusiasts for a good fun time. I never said anything about races.

information will be officially out in the next few weeks for all those that are interested. I will first have to make a trip up to whistler to find locations for certain things.

ps i did get the tints done. They are great. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #17
FredS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwerkes
After going to "shiftin.com" and reading about street-racing i'm out!! The street is no place for racing. If you want to race, be a man...bring it out to the autocross track where we can see how good you really are. I dont associate with street racers, its dangerous and its stupid...

Since when do you have to be a man to goto Autocross or Mission? If you had a job, you would know that it's impossible to make it out to Mission street legals, and autocrossing isn't often.

I'd rather go to an industrial isolated area where there is no one around except those participating. One entrance/exit, and no one can get hurt except those that are driving. So where's the problem?

Get your head out of your ass, and grow up. Drags have gone on for 20 years or longer in Vancouver, and only within the last 2 years have a bunch of hongers and r i c e r s started racing on busy streets.

Race smart and it's fun and safe.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:56 AM   #18
color_wolf

wow ...

talk about jacking a thread ...

the racist comments are not really needed in here FredS
Old 02-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #19
shiro_46

My Ride: M54 B30
okok, not sure what's going on .. but i thought color wolf's talking about a trip touring up whistler rather than racing each other up .. something like what brian jessel's annual scavenger hunt event without prizes rite ?

color_wolf: if it's not racing then PM me when u have more info. =)
Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #20
FredS

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_wolf
wow ...

talk about jacking a thread ...

the racist comments are not really needed in here FredS

What, r i c e r s is a racist term now? That's amusing. Honger's are aswell? Then so be it. Goto Richmond and you'll see them all driving around with disregard for the rest of the public.