330ci Interior LED Lights - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #1
texlnghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Year: 2002
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
330ci Interior LED Lights

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on these forums so if by chance I didn't do something right, just let me know so I can post correctly in the future. Anyways, I recently (somewhat) upgraded myself from a 2000 BMW 323i to a manual 2002 330ci. Back when I used to drive the 323i, I had installed a set of Zevo LED bulbs that I purchased from auto parts stores and Walmart to replace my stock interior lights. They worked perfectly, however, I tried doing the same on my 330ci, and all of the bulbs worked fine until I got to the footwell. After I put the last bulb in, all of the interior lights shut off and wouldn't come back on. I now know I need a resistor installed, but to be honest I do not want to install one. From my experience, they heat up very fast and get VERY hot, and I do not want something like this inside of my car, especially around the plastic dash pieces. So is there any way I can install the lights without needing any type of resistor, so I can use the Zevo bulbs I have? And why did the 323i lights work perfectly without the need for a resistor? I'd appreciate if someone could let me know. Thank you.

Last edited by texlnghorn; 04-28-2017 at 03:38 AM.
texlnghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
illicitstylz

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Do the lights come back on if you do not use a LED in the footwell?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using E46Fanatics mobile app
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #3
texlnghorn

Yes, the lights come back on once I replace the LED with the stock bulb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 03:07 AM   #4
texlnghorn

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 05-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #5
texlnghorn

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 10-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #6
texlnghorn

Okay, so I know this is an old post from a while ago, and I doubt anyone really cares at this point, but I found out the issue for this problem from my understanding is due to the fact that BMW changed the Interior Body Control Module software after the 2001 model year for the future addition of newer technologies (such as LED taillights and infotainment screens). Because of this, the only way to get all of the LED's in my '02 330ci to work properly without the need for a resistor is to code the vehicle using a program such as NCS Expert to deactivate the 'interior lights on error' function. This is the reason why the interior LED's all work in my '00 323i, but not for my '02 model year. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else ever has that issue.

Last edited by texlnghorn; 10-19-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Tags
interior, interior bulbs, interior led, led bulbs, resistors