Dynavin N7 Multimedia GPS System....New For 2018 - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #61
VAB5

My Ride: 2005 ZHP Convertible
Jeff (or anyone else), do you have more pictures of the Sirius interface? All I can find (including Google image search) is the one you posted in this thread, from your site.

Is there anything more than those giant empty squares? Does it show the channel logos in that view? My updating to the N7 depends on how good the Sirius interface is. Not sure empty squares will do it.

Thanks.

Last edited by VAB5; 01-23-2018 at 08:32 AM.
VAB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #62
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
The "empty squares" are the preset buttons since there are no "hard buttons" on the front panel. No they do not display anything besides the preset number and the channel name.

There is not much else to show besides what I posted in this thread, you can go to the List function and choose by category>channel, manually enter a channel number with the keypad option, or choose one of your presets. Its a pretty simple interface.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DYNAVIN FAQ:

BAVSOUND SPEAKERS:

TO BUY

EMAIL ME:

FORUM MEMBERS ENTER DISCOUNT CODE "FANATICS" AT CHECKOUT
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #63
VAB5

Mind if I make a suggestion for a future update? Here's what the Nissan Leaf screen looks like with station icons on the buttons--they add a little more visual interest. I believe the channel info/icons are part of the signal broadcast by Sirius.

These also are "soft buttons" like the N7:

(Sorry, for some reason the image wasn't embedding, so here's the link)

https://www.nissanusa.com/dam/nissan...adio-large.jpg

Last edited by VAB5; 01-24-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #64
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Ill look into it.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO:

DYNAVIN FAQ:

BAVSOUND SPEAKERS:

TO BUY

EMAIL ME:

Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #65
Flynavy80

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Glad to hear that there is a firmware update for the random resetting back to factory defaults. It seems like it happens at random. Sometimes I go for 3 weeks without a problem, then this week it's happened 3 times. I know I bought it just released, so not complaining. It's been wonderful on the whole. Glad to see the known issues are being addressed quickly. Thanks.
Flynavy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #66
joeybananaz18

My Ride: Oxford Green ZHP
Jeff, any chance there could be a group buy sometime this year?
joeybananaz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #67
VAB5

You can buy a backup cam with the N7. What model cam is it? And can you use a different cam with the N7?
Old 02-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #68
VAB5

Perhaps a dumb question: Will the N7 stream music over bluetooth from my iPhone?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #69
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
Jeff, any chance there could be a group buy sometime this year?
Nope. We dont do group buys. There IS a forum discount already....use discount code FANATICS at checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAB5 View Post
You can buy a backup cam with the N7. What model cam is it? And can you use a different cam with the N7?
Its a PAC audio camera. Not the generic ebay ones that look similar. Yes you can use whatever camera you want. The PAC one we sell is the one I like because its tiny, reliable, does not screw up the lighting diagnostic circuit in the car, basically gives me minimal headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAB5 View Post
Perhaps a dumb question: Will the N7 stream music over bluetooth from my iPhone?
Yes.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO:

DYNAVIN FAQ:

BAVSOUND SPEAKERS:

TO BUY

EMAIL ME:

Old 02-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #70
DEADF15H

My Ride: 2001 325i Auto
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Its a PAC audio camera. Not the generic ebay ones that look similar. Yes you can use whatever camera you want. The PAC one we sell is the one I like because its tiny, reliable, does not screw up the lighting diagnostic circuit in the car, basically gives me minimal headaches.

Yes.
I bought the backup with my new unit,it works great. I did put brighter LEDs bulbs in my backup lights before the purchase to make it lighter back there as my windows are slightly tinted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited by DEADF15H; 03-12-2018 at 07:13 PM.
DEADF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #71
///M3Matt

My Ride: M3 & 325XiT
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADF15H View Post
I bought the backup with my new unit works great. I did put brighter LEDs bulbs in my backup lights before the purchase to make it lighter back there as my windows are slightly tinted.

Can you post some pics? Very interested to see how it looks installed

///M3Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #72
Gatorsurgeon

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Jeff,
This unit looks like it might be the answer for me (Avin Avant-2 owner with now non-functional DVD and non-functional USB port). 2 questions:
1. What is the boot time of this unit from a cold start?
2. Will it work with any brand backup-camera?
Avin Avant-4 android headunit to
Audiocontrol 3XS crossover to
JL Audio ZR-650 CSi's, JL Audio 300/2 in front and
JLAudio Stealthboxes, JL Audio 250/1 in back

My other car is an M6

Gatorsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #73
DEADF15H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Matt View Post
Can you post some pics? Very interested to see how it looks installed
I'll try to get get it done tomorrow. I just attached it to the trunk release bar. Looks nothing like stock.
I found a DIY on E46Fanatics.com by bmwdud121. To make sure the wiring stayed water tight. I kind of followed youtuber ShopLifeTV's video.
They did include a high quality hole saw to allow you to recess it into the trunk lid for a flush mount, but I wanted to test everything out before cutting any holes. Now I'm not sure I will. It doesn't bother me like I thought it would and if it needs to be replaced, I won't have to worry about fitment of a new one. Not that I'm expecting it to, it looks to be high quality metal with tight seams. To look stock, I would put it opposite the key hole on the lid..
I strongly suggest using high quality LED bulbs in your reverse lights to assist the camera at night. They're fairly inexpensive and worth it. Mine did not trigger any error messages.

Last edited by DEADF15H; 02-19-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:12 PM   #74
DEADF15H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsurgeon View Post
Jeff,
This unit looks like it might be the answer for me (Avin Avant-2 owner with now non-functional DVD and non-functional USB port). 2 questions:

1. I get in the car, start it, put on the seat belt and the unit finishes booting, then I put it in Reverse. If in a hurry, I would have to wait.
It's about 5 seconds. Depending on how fast I buckle up, I may have to wait a second or two, before putting in reverse.
Edit: this is after I have already driving the car, got out and ran into a store. First boot up of the day is longer.

2. In post #69 he mentions any will work. I did read a post in another thread about a guy who has gone through 3 Ebay cheapos in 3 years. They can't be that much cheaper, I think Jeff's is less than $25.

Last edited by DEADF15H; 03-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #75
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsurgeon View Post
Jeff,
Cold boot time is about 25-30 seconds BUT it starts when you press the unlock button on the key or open the door.....so depending on your unlocking habits the boot time can essentially be 0.

Yes it will work with just about any aftermarket reverse camera. Any with the typical RCA style video plug will work fine.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO:

DYNAVIN FAQ:

BAVSOUND SPEAKERS:

TO BUY

EMAIL ME:

Old 02-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #76
DEADF15H

Hi Jeff,
Although the microphone works great at idle and low speeds, I was wondering if you or someone could recommend a noise cancelling microphone that will work with the unit. It doesn't seem to be a standard size, as I've tried to use a headset plug in there, just to see if it would work. It's too big.
I have a stock exhaust and a fairly quiet car, but my customers are telling me the ambient noise at 65+ is overbearing. I know they aren't cheap, but I'm will to bite the bullet. I currently have the supplied mic installed in the stock phone position where the sunroof switch is. I don't consider this to be a problem with the supplied mic, it's just that I use noise cancelling headsets with my phone as a rule. I know Parrot has a line of sound cancelling headsets, but do they sell just a microphone?

Last edited by DEADF15H; 02-19-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #77
[email protected]
J&T Distributing

Not that I know of.

Did you try turning the mic gain down in the bluetooth menu?

The mic plug size is 2.5mm, the one you were trying to use is 3.5mm. There are adapters available if you want to experiment.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO:

DYNAVIN FAQ:

BAVSOUND SPEAKERS:

TO BUY

EMAIL ME:

Old 02-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #78
DEADF15H

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Not that I know of.

Did you try turning the mic gain down in the bluetooth menu?

The mic plug size is 2.5mm, the one you were trying to use is 3.5mm. There are adapters available if you want to experiment.
I will try the mic gain, I didn't know what it was for. If that doesn't work, I'll give the adapter a shot.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip, turning the mic gain down did work!

Last edited by DEADF15H; 03-03-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #79
dcspeed

My Ride: 04 BMW M3
Jeff, I have not been able to locate how many USB ports there are, how many are there?

I'm hoping there are 2. One for my itouch I leave in the car for my music library and it appears my android phone would also need one for "Android Link screen-mirroring for Android devices through USB"
dcspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #80
rwestzz

My Ride: 2002 330i
I just finished the install of my new N7 and although I had a couple issues, I can't say enough about the service Jeff and his team provided. I'm sure I couldn't get that kind of service anywhere else. As far as function, I like everything about it, I've had the stock radio for 16 years now, so this is a nice upgrade. I can't get the Android Link to work, so if anyone has any suggestions, I could use the help.

Also, during installation, you might expect when pushing in the mic plug, that it goes in until the plug is flush with the back of the unit. It doesn't (see picture). If you apply any more pressure, you'll break off the female connection inside the unit. Overall, I'm very happy I went with the N7.

rwestzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw, dynavin, gps, navigation, radio