3rd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 + GM5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with Screen Mirroring &NFC URC - Page 23 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #441
Mr. Xavier

My Ride: BMW E46
Dead Link

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your quick response but the link that you sent me is dead. Please review it as soon as possible, because right now I can't do anything with my radio...

Nuno Xavier
Mr. Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:18 AM   #442
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuy View Post
Carlos, I don't think it's because of the antenna installation because I tried with an S4 or Note 3 and screen mirroring is working fine with them
Hi mhuy,thanks for update. Would you take a picture for the Android version of your smart phone? I will collect the information to our R&D and work out the solution for you then. Thanks a lot!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:25 AM   #443
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjherrera View Post
Hi, I was wondering if I could have some help, I recently purchased the D5150 E-46 Car GPS stereo system installed on my 323i and it worked for the first two days and then i got some letters i believe in chinese and then the words "Launch.exe" in between. I have no other option but to press the closing x and when i do the whole system restarts and just goes back to the same screen and it doesn't go anywhere. Can anyone help me?
Hi jjherrera, sorry about that. Don't worry, i have already PMed you with software to update the head unit. Please kindly check and keep me informed the testing result then. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #444
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Xavier View Post
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your quick response but the link that you sent me is dead. Please review it as soon as possible, because right now I can't do anything with my radio...

Nuno Xavier
Hi Nuno Xavier, sorry about that. Please kindly check the PM box again! Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #445
EononCarDVD

Hi guys, great news! We have the extended installation harness A0566 (17Pin), A0567(40 Pin) which fit BMW E46 with OEM NAV now!
Check more details here:
http://www.eonon.com/Others/Kits-and-Harness/A0566.html
http://www.eonon.com/Others/Kits-and-Harness/A0567.html

Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #446
faderinvader

My Ride: 325Ci vert
Problems Im having

1. iPod doesn't sync the playlist. Pressing play on iPod (iPhone) plays only a few seconds before stopping.

2. Wifi signal is very weak. Even when touching the phone to the antenna it sometimes doesn't see the eonon at all.

3. When driving at night. The screen flashes between night mode and day mode.

4. Launch.exe happened this morning. No music on the drive to work. It's going to be a bad day...

First, I would like these issues resolved. After that, a few software improvements are needed.

1. The ability to assign a steering wheel button to "Siri" on iPhones is a MUST. If its there and I misses it, please let me know. If not, please add it.

2. Graphic EQ is needed. Very nice free algorithms are out there for your engineers to use. Please add this! The included EQ themes "presets" are terrible.

3. Highpass filter for main speakers and lowpass filter for sub with a crossover point. I was amazed that this isn't a basic feature.

4. Please give us more colors/theme options. The current GUI with (mustard yellow, dingy red) looks cheap and generic in person. The blue is decent. Black and white would be pleasing. A matching OEM orange theme to match the LEDs would be nice. Maybe even a brushed aluminum, gunmetal, or carbon fiber theme would be good as well.

5. Need the ability for on-screen feedback when playing Bluetooth music from iPhone (artist, title, album, etc)

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
faderinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #447
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Hi, I was wondering if I could have some help, I recently purchased the D5150 E-46 Car GPS stereo system installed on my 323i and it worked for the first two days and then i got some letters i believe in chinese and then the words "Launch.exe" in between. I have no other option but to press the closing x and when i do the whole system restarts and just goes back to the same screen and it doesn't go anywhere. Can anyone help me?
Scroll up a few pages I posted a link they sent me for that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #448
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
CARLOS
I'm a little confused about the d5150 and gm5150, both now come with NFC but gm5150 only offers screen mirroring??? also i'm from Toronto Canada, could you not do free shipping for Canadians as well?

E46iT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #449
jjherrera

My Ride: 323i E46
Thank you guys very much for your help, all is well and I no longer get the Launch.exe error! Much appreciated. I do have one more Issue though. I can't get my navigation to work, i go to the path and get to the one that ends in Navione.exe but i can't get it to work. It's the only issue i'm having now and one of the main reasons I got this unit was for the GPS. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thank You.

Last edited by jjherrera; 02-27-2014 at 01:13 PM.
jjherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #450
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
Hi Faderinvader,

Which unit are you experiencing these problems? Just to clarify for us so those of us with your unit can worry about it and those with the other unit can breathe a sigh of relief :-)

Your suggested improvements are great, IMHO, regardless of which unit.

My GM5150 install is slated for this weekend. Cables and miscellaneous bits are arriving today and tomorrow. Hope the camera gets here by Saturday . Regardless, I am running video cable all the way to the back so I only tear the panels apart once.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #451
wallyworld

My Ride: 2003 325i 4dr sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
Hi Faderinvader,

Which unit are you experiencing these problems? Just to clarify for us so those of us with your unit can worry about it and those with the other unit can breathe a sigh of relief :-)

Your suggested improvements are great, IMHO, regardless of which unit.

My GM5150 install is slated for this weekend. Cables and miscellaneous bits are arriving today and tomorrow. Hope the camera gets here by Saturday . Regardless, I am running video cable all the way to the back so I only tear the panels apart once.

Mike
Excited to see how it goes! I hope you get the camera in time. If it's not too much to ask could you tell me which camera you got and take a few notes on the installation of it? I keep searching and reading but it's still not clear in my mind.

I'm eventually going to do the same thing, just waiting for the temperatures here to get above 0.......
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #452
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
Hi wally,

This is my camera selection

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271313516433

This is my backup plan which is US sourced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261366287741

My plan is to attempt to make the reverse wire connection in the front on top of the fuse box. If that becomes a PITA I will simply drag a wire to the trunk with all the other wires I am laying at the same time, and call it good.

I will keep you and all posted on my results.

I hear you about the temperatures! I am in Wisconsin (near Green Bay) now and fortunately I have an old 150,000 BTU Ford torpedo kerosene heater to make things a wee bit more comfortable.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i

Last edited by semcoinc; 02-27-2014 at 02:14 PM.
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #453
faderinvader

My Ride: 325Ci vert
Gm5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
hi faderinvader,

which unit are you experiencing these problems? Just to clarify for us so those of us with your unit can worry about it and those with the other unit can breathe a sigh of relief :-)

your suggested improvements are great, imho, regardless of which unit.

My gm5150 install is slated for this weekend. Cables and miscellaneous bits are arriving today and tomorrow. Hope the camera gets here by saturday . Regardless, i am running video cable all the way to the back so i only tear the panels apart once.

Mike
faderinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #454
Mr. Xavier

Lauch.exe Error

Carlos,

Thank you for the update. It worked like a charm (so far...)! Glad to see that you've also corrected the "gerneral" mispronounciation on the settings menu!
Thanks!

Nuno Xavier
Mr. Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #455
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Thank you guys very much for your help, all is well and I no longer get the Launch.exe error! Much appreciated. I do have one more Issue though. I can't get my navigation to work, i go to the path and get to the one that ends in Navione.exe but i can't get it to work. It's the only issue i'm having now and one of the main reasons I got this unit was for the GPS. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thank You.
Hi jjherrera, glad to hear that the Launch.exe error fixed.
Meanwhile, for GPS, so do you mean you cannot finish the GPS path setting? Here we have a video for your reference and please kindly also PM me a short video how does GPS cannot work if it still has not been addressed. Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #456
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46iT View Post
CARLOS
I'm a little confused about the d5150 and gm5150, both now come with NFC but gm5150 only offers screen mirroring??? also i'm from Toronto Canada, could you not do free shipping for Canadians as well?
Hi E46iT, yes, GM5150=D55150+ Screen Mirroring Function. And for sending to Canada, there is postage 19.9USD. Even there is postage, it is still good value for money. Don't miss the GB to save money!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #457
EononCarDVD

Hi faderinvader, thanks for your feedback.
Regarding the issues and suggests for Eonon GM5150, here are the answers for you
1. iPod doesn't sync the playlist. Pressing play on iPod (iPhone) plays only a few seconds before stopping.
Normally it will show the play list. Could you take a picture and also what is the model of your iPod?

2. Wifi signal is very weak. Even when touching the phone to the antenna it sometimes doesn't see the eonon at all.
Does the WIFI signals weak when you are using DLNA or Screen mirroring? And what is the model of your smart phone? If it is the Android, could you take a picture for the Android version to us? Thanks

3. When driving at night. The screen flashes between night mode and day mode.
Could you kindly check whether you have turned on the "headlight detect"? And does your headlight is flushing when screen flashes between night mode and day mode?

4. Launch.exe happened this morning. No music on the drive to work. It's going to be a bad day...
I have PMed you the software for fix it. Please kindly check it!

First, I would like these issues resolved. After that, a few software improvements are needed.

For the suggestions:
I will reflect the 1.2.4.5 points to our P&P and discuss whether we can make it in the future. However for 3. Highpass filter for main speakers and lowpass filter for sub with a crossover point. I was amazed that this isn't a basic feature. Could you give me more details? I am a little confused. Sorry
Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #458
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Xavier View Post
Carlos,

Thank you for the update. It worked like a charm (so far...)! Glad to see that you've also corrected the "gerneral" mispronounciation on the settings menu!
Thanks!

Nuno Xavier
Hi Mr. Xavier, glad to hear that. Yes, we have corrected it in the new software already!
And welcome to share with us more of your nice installation pics on our facebook or pic/vid channel like many other fans do:
http://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official
http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx
Thanks a lot!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #459
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
In case anyone doesn't know. You can run Dynavin back up cameras on these. I love mine.

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #460
Like I stoleit!

My Ride: 320Ci vert
Just installed one recently in my 320Ci vert and a few issues:-

It was a pig to try and get the radio to pick up anything except the local radio station. I saw the suggestion to change out the powered din/facra adapter with the metra but rather than wait months for it to be delivered I thought I'd test the head unit with a 2 meter long hand held antenna connected to it and it started picking up stations perfectly. Curiously it appears the unit just didn't like initializing with a powered antenna as it now works perfectly connected up to the stock adapter that came with the unit. Baffling... Is it a software issue?

Second issue is the Can Bus. Steering wheel controls seemed to be working for the first hour or so after connecting up the red box but now nothing. Either I've managed to burn it out in a few hours or I need to learn how to wire it up properly using the sw1 sw2 cables. I've tried putting the BMW head unit back in and the SWC's worked fine but still no joy with the Eonon. Anyway, I gave up trying for now as connecting it up to the car properly appears to be beyond me despite me having a decent working knowledge of 'rocket science'. If anyone can provide a better explanation than the Pigeon English one in the handbook or point me in the direction of someone UK based who's got the car set functions and SWC's working satisfactorily I'd be very grateful.

Also, I've not had too much time to play (baring in mind the other issues I've had) but I cant seem to mirror my galaxy s3 screen onto the unit. It starts connecting with all share cast but then seems to cut off after 15 seconds leaving me with a blank screen on the head unit. Could have something to do with the fact my phone is rooted but I doubt it. Has anyone actually got the mirroring working with an S3? If it's just my phone I'm not too worried as I should be able to upgrade to the Galaxy S5 in next month but if it's an issue with the unit I'll be sending it back as it's the main reason I got it.

Oh and finally. 'Genernal'? It annoys my grammatically correct OCD tendencies immensely. If there's a software update and instructions in normal English on how to do it I'd be grateful for that too.
Like I stoleit! is offline   Reply With Quote