Best Sedan LED tails? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
330indy

My Ride: M3, Z3, 330i
Best Sedan LED tails?

who in your opinion/experience makes the best LED tails for the e46 sedan?
thanks all !!
Old 02-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
In terms of aftermarket options, Eagle Eyes has been the brand with the best reputation:

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-33...Set/EagleEyes/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
ECSTuning

My Ride: BMW
^This is exactly what I came here to say, Eagle Eyes have some of the best fitment we've seen on LED aftermarket plug and play tails.
-James

Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
800.924.5172 |

|
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
jdamore44

My Ride: '03 M3, '01 325xiT
Has anyone had luck with Wagon LED tail lights? https://www.umnitza.com/bmw-e46-wago...ghts-pair.html
jdamore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
^This is exactly what I came here to say, Eagle Eyes have some of the best fitment we've seen on LED aftermarket plug and play tails.
-James
Do you know if there will be any Smoked/Red options for LCI coupes?

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:26 PM   #6
SilverGrey330
BMW: Best Thing on 4 Wheels

My Ride: 03SilverGrey330i SP
Year: 2003
Model: 330i
Transmission: 6-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverGrey330
Anyone ever seen an R/C/R sedan LED tail light setup? I love my R/C/R tails, but would be interested in 'freshening up' the look if there is an LED option out there but i have been unable to locate any ever.

SilverGrey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #7
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGrey330 View Post
Anyone ever seen an R/C/R sedan LED tail light setup? I love my R/C/R tails, but would be interested in 'freshening up' the look if there is an LED option out there but i have been unable to locate any ever.
Online I've seen them but never in person. Since they are so rare in the aftermarket form their reliability might be very very poor.

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #8
Silverdogz

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '04 330i
Year: 2004
Model: BMW 330i ZHP
Transmission: Manual 6spd
Depo makes the R/C/R leds. I have a set of their inners and liked them.

Silverdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:09 PM   #9
darkfires102

My Ride: 325xi, '07 E60 M5
Year: 2003
Transmission: 5spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGrey330 View Post
Not 100% what you're looking for but I was on the search for RCR leds...Ended up just coding out the LCM light check and put my own LED bulbs in.

Last edited by darkfires102; 02-13-2020 at 10:09 PM.
darkfires102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:58 AM   #10
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfires102 View Post
Not 100% what you're looking for but I was on the search for RCR leds...Ended up just coding out the LCM light check and put my own LED bulbs in.
That's what I did with my RCR's. Put in Morimoto LED bulbs and coded out the cold check with PA Soft. Noticeable difference when you hit the brake light in terms of the lights coming on/off. Also runs a lot cooler

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #11
kd7iwp

My Ride: 2001 325i, 2009 535x
I just put some Eagle Eyes LED tails on my sedan two days ago and am pleasantly happy with the look. I can't find all that many pictures of sedans with them and I thought they always looked too tall in the photos. But I quite like them. They do jive a bit with the amber lights up front though so I ordered some used clear side-marker lights from a 330i on eBay as well as the euro clear front signals. I think the front signals (even the euro OEM ones) look a bit out of place but I do think will look nicer than amber. Plus it looks better in the garage next to my E61 which has clear lights.
kd7iwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #12
wasp9166

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
i've had eagle eyes for 12 years , was some flickering a year or so back, i cleaned all the plugs with electrical cleaner , haven't seen it since

mine are r/c/r,i think ? ,i'm not sure what you're talking about with other leds and lcm light check?

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 03-06-2020 at 05:23 PM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #13
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
i've had eagle eyes for 12 years , was some flickering a year or so back, i cleaned all the plugs with electrical cleaner , haven't seen it since
mine are r/c/r, i think ? ,i'm not sure what you're talking about with other leds and lcm light check?
actually those are clear ďcoupe styleĒ.
R/C/R refer to Red on top, Clear middle, Red on the bottom (of the main lens). which was a change done by BMW later for sedans.

as SolidJake stated there was some ads of a nice LED R/C/R tail lamps aftermarket years ago. not sure if they were crap or just a photoshop job.

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #14
wasp9166

so, we aren't sure they even exist?

Quote:
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
Old 03-07-2020, 03:00 AM   #15
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

Quote:
so, we aren't sure they even exist?
well Iím not a sedan owner so donít know as much of their current products. but if they are/were around you donít see them posted on this forum.

the best LED i saw promoted in an ad (back in the day)was an LED R/C/R that had the matching LED as trunk lights. i donít recall anyone ever actually posting real install photos though.

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Old 03-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #16
Silverdogz

They absolutely exist. Here they are for sale on mod bargains. I believe they're made by depo as I've searched this before and found them in a depo catalog.

https://modbargains.com/led-tails-pa...r-4-piece-kit/

Old 03-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #17
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdogz View Post
They absolutely exist. Here they are for sale on mod bargains. I believe they're made by depo as I've searched this before and found them in a depo catalog.
https://modbargains.com/led-tails-pa...r-4-piece-kit/
yep thatís the weird thing. it says 4 piece kit but it doesnít show the new trunk lights as LED(stock old ones shown). this one also doesnít have the clear blinker with LEDs either.
DEPO made some part number 444-1911F9A-CR that you can search for. that one includes the trunk lenses but not sure if theyíre a matching LED either. and again the ďblinkerĒ isnít LED.
https://www.bodykits.com/i-30856083-...il-lights.html

again the best Iíve ever seen advertised were RCR that had a matching LED pattern on the trunk lens, blinker was LED. but never saw it real posted as a photo on a sedan.

Old 03-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #18
wasp9166

so, if the blinker is still the top ,like mine, what is the purpose of the c in the middle?

just to match the stock trunk part?

Quote:

Last edited by wasp9166; 03-07-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:35 PM   #19
Silverdogz

Quote:
so, if the blinker is still the top ,like mine, what is the purpose of the c in the middle?

just to match the stock trunk part?
No?

Top Red is Brake
Clear is turn signal
Bottom Brake is running lights/brake force display.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:20 PM   #20
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

what i didnít like about some of these LED RCR is that the trunk lens LED pattern doesnít match the adjacent bottom LEDs of main lens. imho it can actually look worse than factory RCR incandescent. looking cheap