Help shwagon lose 50 lbs - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #61
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
dude wtf are you doing to this guy? leave him be!

cutting alcohol will make the biggest dent in your weight easily. actually you may not lose much weight if you weigh yourself with your wallet as it will definitely be heavier. so take that money you aren't blowing on alcohol and buy yourself something to help accomplish your weight goal. a double bonus of drinking less!
The world is spoon fed bullsh1t about situps for our entire lives. I'm trying to see if he is one of the people that thinks this will give him abs or cut his fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
what wont this accomplish...???
Almost everything. I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm trying to figure out why you're doing crunches every night?

Is it because you want abs? Or because you want to burn fat? Abs are muscles too and do not to be worked out every single day. I'm just trying to see if you realize this so you can save some time.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #62
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
If you're do crunches every night, enjoy back pains in your early 40's.

Many better exercises for your core and abdominal area specifically, without putting all that strain on your back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #63
bmwuser456789123

My Ride: bmw
Im doing crunches mainly to strengthen my abdominal region. This is one area that has become very weak since my hernia surgery I mentioned in my first post. I plain to start expanding my exercises at a gym but it's almost pathetic how weak I am in this area, I figured a few crunches wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Many better exercises for your core and abdominal area specifically, without putting all that strain on your back
Any other "at home" exercises you would recommend?

Side note: Thanks for the info guys, this is the reason I started my own thread so I could address each factor as they came along.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds:

Last edited by bmwuser456789123; 08-16-2011 at 01:51 PM.
bmwuser456789123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #64
DylloS

Quote:
Im doing crunches mainly to strengthen my abdominal region. This is one area that has become very weak since my hernia surgery I mentioned in my first post. I plain to start expanding my exercises at a gym but it's almost pathetic how weak I am in this area, I figured a few crunches wouldn't hurt.

Side note: Thanks for the info guys, this is the reason I started my own thread so I could address each factor as they came along.
here you go. P90x has an awesome ab workout.

part 1

part 2

Seriously will fuuck you up. Don't do it every day though. Do it tonight and report back. Do not worry if you can't do the full workout or can only do a few reps on certain exercises. The entire thing only takes like 15 minutes or so if that.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #65
xtascox

My Ride: 325xi
OP,

I'm 6'3" and was 167lbs 6 years ago. 4 months ago I was 250lbs. I'm down to about 225 with significantly lower body fat and much higher muscle mass since I've been lifting 4 days a week. If you want to lose weight it's simple, calories in has to be less that calories you burn. If you burn 2200 calories a day, it doesn't matter if you eat 1800 calories of pure fat (minus the whole heart health thing) because in 9 days you will have a 3600 calorie deficit and there goes one pound. During my severe cuts I was eating 1600-1900 calories a day but lately I've been eating 2200-2400 as I found it's been giving me more energy to workout.

My suggestion is to use this to figure out your calorie needs and go from there:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Aim for 1-2 pounds a week and you'll be set!

Last edited by xtascox; 08-16-2011 at 03:10 PM.
xtascox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #66
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
The world is spoon fed bullsh1t about situps for our entire lives. I'm trying to see if he is one of the people that thinks this will give him abs or cut his fat

Almost everything. I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm trying to figure out why you're doing crunches every night?

Is it because you want abs? Or because you want to burn fat? Abs are muscles too and do not to be worked out every single day. I'm just trying to see if you realize this so you can save some time.
you say he can have cheat days and still drink alcohol, but you're going to be a stickler on if he does abb workouts every night?

you're a funny guy
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #67
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
you say he can have cheat days and still drink alcohol, but you're going to be a stickler on if he does abb workouts every night?

you're a funny guy
For mental purposes you goof. I'm not saying a cheat day and some beers will make his results better. I'm saying he will adjust to this life style a lot better if he doesn't become a nutrition **** and can still enjoy himself sometimes.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #68
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
****, those p90x ab workouts will rip his hernia to shreds. you trying to kill him and post it in the lol pics thread.

key is sticking to your diet and brisk walking 30-45 min a day to start. crunches and some pushups if you can handle it are fine for now. no reason to go batshit crazy in the beginning.

Quote:
I always have to laugh when I see a thread described as "Not Work Safe." Is there anything on the OT forum that's really "work safe"? If I were your boss, I'd be mad if you spent any time on this forum at work at all. How is a picture of a naked girl any less work safe than, say, a picture of a matador getting gored in the *** by an angry bull? - VaderDave
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #69
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:
For mental purposes you goof. I'm not saying a cheat day and some beers will make his results better. I'm saying he will adjust to this life style a lot better if he doesn't become a nutrition **** and can still enjoy himself sometimes.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #70
DME46

Quote:
Leg/hip raises, jack knifes, planking, and reverse crunch.

Regular crunches aren't terrible, but very easy to strain your back/neck if done incorrectly.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #71
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: ..
Squat thrusts.. Burpies see youtube for proper form.

budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #72
BMW_Matt

My Ride: 325i
Core exercises -

Sit ups on ball
Planks front and side
Bridges - squeeze butt like someone's gonna come up and kick you.
Superman - hold for increments of 5 seconds.
Leg kick backs

People tend to forget that core doesn't mean just abs. It Includes glutes, hip flexors, lower back, abductors, obliques, etc.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #73
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Squat thrusts.. Burpies see youtube for proper form.
burpies are lame as hell. I hate how good those are for you, yet how much they suck
Old 08-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #74
bmwuser456789123

What do you guys think about these as an in-between meal? A store down the road has them 2 for $3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1314045083.901508.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	413956   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1314045106.198226.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	413957  

Quote:
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds:
Old 08-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #75
BMW_Matt

No. I would pass.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #76
DME46

I eat 1-2 protein bars a day when I'm bulking, as snacks.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 08-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #77
BMW_Matt

I have clarified. Not that kind of bars
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #78
DylloS

Quote:
What do you guys think about these as an in-between meal? A store down the road has them 2 for $3.
Depends what your other foods are for the day
Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #79
bmwuser456789123

Quote:
Depends what your other foods are for the day
Keeping strong with what I posted earlier. Just cut out the cereal bars and drinking less juice and more water.

Quote:
My Gun Builds:
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #80
DME46

When trying to lose weight, I wouldn't eat em... I would stay away from heavy snacks like that altogether.

Like I said, I only eat them as snacks when bulking.

Stick to apple/banana slices and throw some peanut/almond butter on them as a snack. Too much sugar alcohol and carbs in those bars.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal