Open Carry In Starbucks is Welcome - Thoughts? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Open Carry In Starbucks is Welcome - Thoughts?

some "open carry" states, businesses are allowed to ban guns in their stores. And some have, creating political confrontations with gun owners. But Starbucks, the largest chain targeted, has refused to take the bait, saying in a statement this month that it follows state and local laws and has its own safety measures in its stores. "Starbucks is a special target because it's from the hippie West Coast, and a lot of dedicated consumers who pay $4 for coffee have expectations that Starbucks would ban guns. And here they aren't," said John Bruce, a political science professor at the University of Mississippi who is an expert in gun policy.
Welch, a 71-year-old retired property manager who lives in Richmond, Va., doesn't see any reason why he shouldn't bear arms while he gets caffeinated.
"I don't know of anybody who would provide me with defense other than myself, so I routinely as a way of life carry a weapon and that extends to my coffee shops," he said.
The fight for retailers heated up in early January when gun enthusiasts in northern California began walking into Starbucks and other businesses to test state laws that allow gun owners to carry weapons openly in public places. As it spread to other states, gun control groups quickly complained about the parade of firearms in local stores.
Some were spontaneous, with just one or two gun owners walking into a store. Others were organized parades of dozens of gun owners walking into restaurants with their firearms proudly at their sides.
In one case, about 100 activists bearing arms had planned to go to a California Pizza Kitchen in Walnut Creek, Calif., but after it became clear they weren't welcome they went to another restaurant. That chain and Peet's Coffee & Tea are among the businesses that have banned customers with guns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_480062.html

Sounds like a distraction.. thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Apparently Starbucks wants to keep its pro-gun customers. Good for them. I may swing by and grab a coffee tomorrow just to support.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Simply because something is legal does not mean it is smart. If you want to carry, get a CCW. Bringing attention to one's self is not a means to increase your safety.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
CCali
Banned

My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
quick q i'm sure one of you can answer faster than google .. in any state can u carry a gun into a business that sells alcohol?
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP/VW Jetta
Good

DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
I'm having a hard time being concerned about this matter in any way.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
InVisib0L

My Ride: '12 fJCW Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I'm having a hard time being concerned about this matter in any way.
Why?

InVisib0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Simply because something is legal does not mean it is smart. If you want to carry, get a CCW. Bringing attention to one's self is not a means to increase your safety.
Completely agreed. OC is not my style unless I'm indoors at my own house, in the woods, or at the range.

SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVisib0L View Post
Why?
Because it doesn't affect me in any way.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Youre entitled to your opinion, just remember that is what it is.

More crimes have been deterred tham committed due to oc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
quick q i'm sure one of you can answer faster than google .. in any state can u carry a gun into a business that sells alcohol?
no law against it in pa. Nothing illegal about me drinking while carrying either. Not that I would

Quote:
Because it doesn't affect me in any way.
more than you know it does
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Youre entitled to your opinion, just remember that is what it is.
No shit sherlock.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
No shit sherlock.
I really like you

Reel tawk
Old 03-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
joeski3d

Quote:
more than you know it does
oRly? How so?

Nobody open carries in NJ... or the tri-state area that I know of. It's just a fact of life in this neck of the woods and, as such, it's very much a non-issue here no matter who says it is.

If I lived in Arizona where everyone carried you bet your ass I would be carrying too.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
oRly? How so?

Nobody open carries in NJ... or the tri-state area that I know of. It's just a fact of life in this neck of the woods and, as such, it's very much a non-issue here no matter who says it is.

If I lived in Arizona where everyone carried you bet your ass I would be carrying too.
I don't live in Chicago or DC but all the current cases going on there affect me. It's affects everyone in the country
Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #15
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
yes, Florida. Just cant be its main source of income.

ie - steak restaurant not a bar
17 Time National Champs Including: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017. We WILL Get Redemption In 2019!

Ranting about TVs, football, cameras, guns, diamonds, and HDMI since 2005.

16 Honda Accord Sedan V6 Touring (wife)
07 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD
68 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS
-------------------------------------------------------
07 Lexus GS350
00 BMW DINAN M5
01 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
yes, Florida. Just cant be its main source of income.

ie - steak restaurant not a bar
In PA. You can carry in bars, hell get wasted while carrying if you want. Not the smartest thing, but legal. 99.9% sure

Last edited by JonJon; 03-03-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #17
joeski3d

Quote:
I don't live in Chicago or DC but all the current cases going on there affect me. It's affects everyone in the country
Why would you need to carry a firearm into a dining establishment? Expecting trouble?

Even in the wild west there were town ordinances where firearms were left with the sheriff so nobody would be lawfully (yet accidentally ) harmed.

Public places are not the environment for causal guns. It doesn't make you or anyone else safer. Just sayin...

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Why would you need to carry a firearm into a dining establishment? Expecting trouble?

Even in the wild west there were town ordinances where firearms were left with the sheriff so nobody would be lawfully (yet accidentally ) harmed.

Public places are not the environment for causal guns. It doesn't make you or anyone else safer. Just sayin...
Lol.
Right crime never happens in resturants or public places.

You antis are so silly.

Your entire post is opinion not fact, and incorrect on top of that.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #19
SWINFORD
///Swinny

My Ride: E46,E30,E53,Harley
Send a message via AIM to SWINFORD Send a message via MSN to SWINFORD
Good for Starbucks. I carry But not open you can't in AL I have a Concealed license and its usually with me at all times except around Alcohol. If you have had a drink or are in a bar with a gun you go to jail.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #20
joeski3d

Quote:
Lol.
Right crime never happens in resturants or public places.

You antis are so silly.

Your entire post is opinion not fact, and incorrect on top of that.
Crime does happen. You don't need a gun to prevent or commit crime. Nobody is safer with a bunch of gun toting coffee chuggers in Starbucks.

Talk about opinion...

So, show me some facts about how much safer places are that permit open carry.

Ballbusters Inc.