Swapping M62TU into E46 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > E46 Engine Swaps

E46 Engine Swaps
Replacing your motor? From direct replacements to more exoctic engines, if it's going under the hood of an E46 3 Series this is the forum to discuss it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Angelic0-

My Ride: BMW E34, E46 & E38
Send a message via MSN to Angelic0-
Swapping M62TU into E46

So... the M43 gave up... took it's beating, and then fell on it's face...

did take a good beating though...

I will be posting pictures of the stuff i've gathered for my swap later, but i wanted to ask if someone knows of a good writeup to learn from...

Thanks in advance,

Motor comes from car with VIN:
WBADN11090GD94869

Transplant car has VIN:
WBAAL11010JN10137

Jolly times ahead

So, here are some pictures for you guys...

This is the organ receiver, some junkie bastards broke into it as it was sitting outside my friends garage in Reykjavķk, will be getting flared fenders and a new painjob..

Too bad they got my DEPO headlights, but this is how it looks like now... already took out that M43 POS:

Car itself:

And here is the glory stuff:

This is a M62B35TU motor, from a 535i E39 i used to own...

I sold the car and still miss it, fully serviced and maintained... next owner pampered it and then sold it on to some prick that treated it like **** and ended up destroying it...

I got the motor from the crash car but the "prick" had already parted out the transmission, flywheel and clutch...

So i will be using a M50 adapter plate and a ZF transmission from a E46 325i, will be rebuilding the transmission prior to install... Clutch is a Stage II of some cheap brand, hope it will hold up...

I have already figured out how to have the throttle actuators work, and i can see where installing the ECU and DME electrics will be easy since the E46 is sharing the same electrics as the E39, electrics will plug in on the drivers side here instead of the passenger side on E39... seems like all the plugs will plug up..

If anyone has swapped a M62TU into a E46... all info would be greatly appreciated...

Oh, and car will get a new paintjob in the coming days...

Reinorange, black top and hood...
Angelic0- is offline   Reply With Quote