P1093 Pre-Catalyst Fuel Trim Too Rich Bank 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
EurosportAMG

My Ride: bm mb
P1093 Pre-Catalyst Fuel Trim Too Rich Bank 2

any ideas? doesn't seem common at all on this site
MAF? i cleaned it but still get this code
thanks in advance
EurosportAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
EurosportAMG

update:
after pretty much taking the whole airbox, and all the pieces apart all the way to the throttle body about hmmm 10 times lol and replacing stuff that could have been the problem finally replaced the part that was bad: IDLE REGULATING VALVE BOSCH 1 13411744713

took a lot of frustration to track it down but that's what gave me weird code
when holding the old part in hand and tapping on it, i could hear noise, something bouncing, definitely no sound on the new part.
erased code, put everything back, car running perfect once again

the positive is that the other little parts i've replaced will be good for a looong time too heh

hopefully this will help someone down the road, save a lot of time and frustration if you ever get that code
Old 03-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
jeffreyslc

My Ride: 330xi Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by EurosportAMG View Post
update:
after pretty much taking the whole airbox, and all the pieces apart all the way to the throttle body about hmmm 10 times lol and replacing stuff that could have been the problem finally replaced the part that was bad: IDLE REGULATING VALVE BOSCH 1 13411744713

I have been having this same fault code and MAF cleaning did not take care of it. Was it hard to change, expensive, or any other info you could lend would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
2002 330xi Auto
Steel Blue
Mods: Shark, Conforti CAI, Dinan Tranny s/w, LED interior lights, OEM Alarm install, OEM 6-disc changer install, Homelink Install, Window tint, golf tee mod.
jeffreyslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
kyle808

My Ride: 00 328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyslc View Post
I have been having this same fault code and MAF cleaning did not take care of it. Was it hard to change, expensive, or any other info you could lend would be great.

Thanks in advance.
The idle control valve is about $116.00, I'm gonna try to clean mine first before replacing it. Another fanatic found this great DIY:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=900798

"I'm gonna die! Jesus, Allah, Buddha - I love you all!
-Homer Simpson
kyle808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
jeffreyslc

My Ride: 330xi Auto
Excellent DIY link!

Thank you.

Jeff
2002 330xi Auto
Steel Blue
Mods: Shark, Conforti CAI, Dinan Tranny s/w, LED interior lights, OEM Alarm install, OEM 6-disc changer install, Homelink Install, Window tint, golf tee mod.
jeffreyslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:14 AM   #6
EurosportAMG

same p1093 code been coming on and off for a long time and many miles now, anyone else have this code?
trust me i've tried just about everything...
Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
milestone707

My Ride: 330ci
Anyone figure out the cause of this P1093...I am having the same problem...
milestone707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:52 AM   #8
chrisr03325xit

My Ride: 2003 325 xit
Solved! I've had engine code P1093 & Peake 19-EC on my 2003 325 xit intermittently for about 6 months. I had a small exhaust leak at the flange after the cats. I was able to replace the gaskets but code kept coming back. I was suspicious that this could be the cause, and had read that somewhere. I tried again and got another new gasket and tightened the flange nuts even more.

I also Replaced All 4 Oxygen Sensors since they had not been done in about 75,000 miles. It still leaks slightly at the exhaust flange but much less.

Seems to have solved Engine Light Code 19-EC + P1093. I'm not sure if it was exhaust leak or O2 sensors but needed to do both anyway.

Next solutions I would have tried next for this code I had read about were to clean and check Idle Control Valve, ICV.
Smoke test for vacuum leak. Clean fuel injectors.
chrisr03325xit is offline   Reply With Quote