So....the "consensus" on global warming was a crock all along? - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #81
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
You can waste as much time as you see fit It happened. Ask someone who was alive during that time. Period.
What happened? Scientific journals published warnings about global cooling? Peer reviewed studies supported this claim? The claim was internationally supported?

Or did some magazines try to sell some copies?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #82
Bad Juju

My Ride: 05' 330i ZHP
For the Nuclear winter posts...

Bad Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #83
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
What happened? Scientific journals published warnings about global cooling? Peer reviewed studies supported this claim? The claim was internationally supported?

Widespread warnings of a pending ice age - that is what happend. What you are NOT understanding is that the propaganda was there, even if the facts were not. Just like global warming today. It is the EXACT same thing and gov't is pushing it along and making decisions as though this is fact.

Get it yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #84
Guest100615
Account closed per your request

Quote:
Read the article I posted from Forbes. They didn't know what was going on in the 70's (thought there was a pending Ice Age) and they don't know what is going on now. Science follows those that will fund them - funding follows politics.

It follows Hillary and her friends around........

Nearly $6 million in stimulus money was paid to two firms run by Mark Penn, Hillary Clintonís pollster in 2008.

Federal records show that $5.97 million from the $787 billion stimulus helped preserve three jobs at Burson-Marsteller, the global public-relations and communications firm headed by Penn.

Burson-Marsteller won the contract to work on a public-relations campaign to advertise the national switch from analog to digital television. Nearly $2.8 million of the contract was issued to Pennís polling firm, Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates, according to federal records.

RELATED ARTICLES

Senate GOP point out 'pure waste' found in stimulus package
Federal records also show that a former adviser to President Barack Obamaís 2008 presidential campaign received nearly $70,000 from that contract to help alert viewers in difficult-to-reach communities that their televisions would soon no longer receive broadcast signals

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-from-stimulus
Guest100615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #85
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #86
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Nasa announced that Global warming is happening in Mars right now...and there are no humans there....so what does that mean? Global warming is happening regardless....with humans or without...this whole recycle thing is just a way for us to create building resources for companies....for FREE. Think about it......

"We can create materials from old used plastic...but how will we collect so much plastic?"
"We will make up some lie about it being good for earth and people will believe and collect a shyt load of plastic for us for free"
"Then we charge them for the items made with the plastic they collected for us"
"$$$"

Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #87
JoeVert

My Ride: 135i
Quote:
Widespread warnings of a pending ice age - that is what happend. What you are NOT understanding is that the propaganda was there, even if the facts were not. Just like global warming today. It is the EXACT same thing and gov't is pushing it along and making decisions as though this is fact.

Get it yet?
For the record, Global warming is just the evolution of the ice age theory. Haven't you heard that global warming is going to cause the ice age? Most people can't comprehend Warming and Ice Age together so they had to seperate the two.

Quote:
In quick summary, if enough cold, fresh water coming from the melting polar ice caps and the melting glaciers of Greenland flows into the northern Atlantic, it will shut down the Gulf Stream, which keeps Europe and northeastern North America warm. The worst-case scenario would be a full-blown return of the last ice age - in a period as short as 2 to 3 years from its onset - and the mid-case scenario would be a period like the "little ice age" of a few centuries ago that disrupted worldwide weather patterns leading to extremely harsh winters, droughts, worldwide desertification, crop failures, and wars around the world.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #88
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVert View Post
For the record, Global warming is just the evolution of the ice age theory. Haven't you heard that global warming is going to cause the ice age? Most people can't comprehend Warming and Ice Age together so they had to seperate the two.
Actually the evolution of the theory is that they are just labeling it Global Climate Change so that they don't burn themselves by committing to one thing or another and can say that any change at all falls under this umbrella. I understand your point though.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #89
joeski3d

I think one thing we can agree on about the fabricated global warming scare, people and companies are made more aware of their impact on their immediate surroundings.

Energy conservation, renewable fuel sources, "green" architecture, recycling, biodegradable refuse, etc., etc... are all positive directions sparked by the scary "green-house effect" buzz words. I'm all for these kinds of projects even though I don't buy into the whole politically funded human-derived cause theory. This is the same kind of egocentric thinking that brought fourth the bible.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #90
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:

Get it yet?
It is nothing similar. The data is clear and scientists agree. The only propaganda is the one from the deniers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
It follows Hillary and her friends around........

Nearly $6 million in stimulus money was paid to two firms run by Mark Penn, Hillary Clintonís pollster in 2008.

Federal records show that $5.97 million from the $787 billion stimulus helped preserve three jobs at Burson-Marsteller, the global public-relations and communications firm headed by Penn.

Burson-Marsteller won the contract to work on a public-relations campaign to advertise the national switch from analog to digital television. Nearly $2.8 million of the contract was issued to Pennís polling firm, Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates, according to federal records.

RELATED ARTICLES

Senate GOP point out 'pure waste' found in stimulus package
Federal records also show that a former adviser to President Barack Obamaís 2008 presidential campaign received nearly $70,000 from that contract to help alert viewers in difficult-to-reach communities that their televisions would soon no longer receive broadcast signals

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-from-stimulus
Wrong thread? What does that have anything to do with any of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom3 View Post
Nasa announced that Global warming is happening in Mars right now...and there are no humans there....so what does that mean? Global warming is happening regardless....with humans or without...this whole recycle thing is just a way for us to create building resources for companies....for FREE. Think about it......
Mars is a different planet. There is no empirical evidence that Mars is in fact warming and even if it were, that would be in no way related to Earth.

Quote:
"We can create materials from old used plastic...but how will we collect so much plastic?"
"We will make up some lie about it being good for earth and people will believe and collect a shyt load of plastic for us for free"
"$$$"
Come on.

'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #91
SLVR JDM

Quote:
It is nothing similar. The data is clear and scientists agree. The only propaganda is the one from the deniers.
Oh yeah, I forgot that scientists agree That is the only thing that can sum up your blind following of one side - true of most any topic with you. I'm out.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #92
JoeVert

Quote:

"$$$"
this is true to an extent though.

Think about the last time you were in a hotel room. You remember the card on the bed that says to leave your towels hanging on the rack to reuse them? They thank you for helping to save millions of gallons of wasted water annually... it has nothing to do with the millions of $$ saved annually on water, energy, and man hours washing them...
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #93
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I think one thing we can agree on about the fabricated global warming scare, people and companies are made more aware of their impact on their immediate surroundings.

Energy conservation, renewable fuel sources, "green" architecture, recycling, biodegradable refuse, etc., etc... are all positive directions sparked by the scary "green-house effect" buzz words. I'm all for these kinds of projects even though I don't buy into the whole politically funded human-derived cause theory. This is the same kind of egocentric thinking that brought fourth the bible.
I agree with this, however, I don't think that these changes should be mandated but rather be at the discretion of consumers. If they want to be more energy efficient great, but they shouldn't be required to do so. Eventually industry will move in that direction anyway if there are real benefits to be had, so let business and industry change things rather than pushing it from the top down. Just my preference.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #94
joeski3d

Quote:
I agree with this, however, I don't think that these changes should be mandated but rather be at the discretion of consumers. If they want to be more energy efficient great, but they shouldn't be required to do so. Eventually industry will move in that direction anyway if there are real benefits to be had, so let business and industry change things rather than pushing it from the top down. Just my preference.
Exactly. Make the consumer aware and stress the importance of responsibility. If being dirty and wasteful is an unpopular way to conduct business then people will be motivated to spend their money elsewhere. And the trends follow the money.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #95
Guest100615
Account closed per your request

Quote:

"$$$"
Yep.

And yesterday Obama signed a law saying that Carbon Dioxide is a dangerous chemical and it should be regulated. Never mind that nature produces 90 percent of the CO2 in the world (volcanoes, methane gas) and that man only accounts for about 2,3 percent. Animals create their fair share as well.

Never mind that we exhale CO2 and plants breathe it in. So how deadly could it really be ?

Quote:
Wrong thread? What does that have anything to do with any of this?
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM
Read the article I posted from Forbes. They didn't know what was going on in the 70's (thought there was a pending Ice Age) and they don't know what is going on now. Science follows those that will fund them - funding follows politics.

I was relating a current topic to following the funding. In other words, people will find the results you want if you fund the results. Science is for sale. And Hillary's pollsters will publish the poll results favorable to her because she funded them with 7 million bucks. And I bet some of the 7m will find its way to her next election campaign. I think this is her way of 'paying it forward'.

Mars is a different planet. There is no empirical evidence that Mars is in fact warming and even if it were, that would be in no way related to Earth.

Come on.
^

There is plenty of evidence for it. The poles are melting on Mars as well as Jupiter and Saturn. It is related to sun spots and activity on our sun that is not recognizable to the average Joe.
Guest100615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #96
rapier7

My Ride: Subaru BRZ
Quote:

I could dig around in those emails hacked from the CRU at East Anglia where various climatologists were saying their data was inconclusive. But that's all over the web now. Also, there were plenty of emails that detailed how many of the "scientists" made a mockery of the peer reviewed literature by approving only the articles that supported their claim.

- Unfiltered Reality
rapier7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #97
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Never mind that nature produces 90 percent of the CO2 in the world (volcanoes, methane gas) and that man only accounts for about 2,3 percent. Animals create their fair share as well.
Methane contains neither Carbon nor Oxygen. Furthermore, volcanoes emit mostly methane and not CO2.

While volcanic emissions are insignificant in the short term, over tens of millions of years they do release massive quantities of CO2. However, those are balanced by the loss of carbon in ocean sediments subducted under continents through tectonic plate movements. Ultimately, this carbon will be returned to the atmosphere by volcanoes.

As you can now imagine, I am a bit skeptical of the accuracy of your posts.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #98
joeski3d

http://www.backpacker.com/climate_ch...aily_dirt/1508

Uh oh! I may need to reconsider my position on this matter!

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #99
JoeVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
http://www.backpacker.com/climate_ch...aily_dirt/1508

Uh oh! I may need to reconsider my position on this matter!
Well I'm off to stock up on CFLs for the house and a moped for commuting.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #100
SLVR JDM