Form 1 Sent IN! Guess the return date game! - Page 6 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #101
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Called the NFA about the M16. As of today, its in "problem status." They want a picture of the model of the weapon. Apparently "M16" isn't good enough, nor is the form/stamp currently on file showing its a legit and registered weapon. Add 2-3 weeks to my timeline...bastards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #102
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
That really sucks. They couldn't give you any additional information over the phone?

Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #103
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
That really sucks. They couldn't give you any additional information over the phone?
I didn't ask to speak to the examiner directly. I could have, but it's not like it would do me any good. The only person that could give him what he wants is the seller, since I don't have the necessary pictures and angles he probably wants.

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #104
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Sounds fishy, Hopefully its not one of those situations where people doctored paperwork via multiple transfers with "mistakes".

Not to long ago a couple of FFL holders were busted for changing paperwork via typos. They would transfer a cheap machine gun back and forth and make small changes to the paperwork every time they transfed it hoping that they would be missed. Once the proper mistakes were all approved they stamped the SN on a posty and they had a way more expensive weapon for next to nothing.

Basically they would take a MAC and turn it in to a M2HB.

I've got a feeling that this MAY be a issue with barrel length. Could the m16 have been registered with a shorter upper or another caliber some time in the past?

Do you have a copy of the last stamp?
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #105
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Sounds fishy, Hopefully its not one of those situations where people doctored paperwork via multiple transfers with "mistakes".

Not to long ago a couple of FFL holders were busted for changing paperwork via typos. They would transfer a cheap machine gun back and forth and make small changes to the paperwork every time they transfed it hoping that they would be missed. Once the proper mistakes were all approved they stamped the SN on a posty and they had a way more expensive weapon for next to nothing.

Basically they would take a MAC and turn it in to a M2HB.

I've got a feeling that this MAY be a issue with barrel length. Could the m16 have been registered with a shorter upper or another caliber some time in the past?

Do you have a copy of the last stamp?
Hmm, I actually don't know. I don't have a copy of the last stamp as part of all the stuff I took unfortunately. I could call the seller and ask for one I guess...

I think I'm going to call the branch again tomorrow and try and get more information.

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #106
david05111

Well, I called the NFA again just now...and...

the M16 is Approved , as of Nov. 7th (last Wednesday), so I'm kinda surprised I haven't gotten the call to come get it yet.

Follow me on Instagram: