COVID-19 The Corona Virus Thread - Page 51 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #1001
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Estimates from the U of Washington model are FAR lower today than before. Many states, not NY lol, are starting to show beds/ICU/ventilators as not being an issue anymore.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #1002
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Can't fix stupid....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:32 AM   #1003
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
NY hospitalizations down 75%, Cuomo notes that they didn't need the 110,000 beds the models said...more like 20,000. No need for ventilators. Numbers way below even the social distancing models. Numbers low all over the country compared to the predicted models, thank god.

Last edited by Act of God; 04-07-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:29 AM   #1004
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Yeah sticking tubes down someones throat to keep them alive definitely counts as a precaution. I don't really care either way, I despise the man, and the stock market kept printing today, overall a pretty good day.
Who said he was intubated?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:29 AM   #1005
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
NY hospitalizations down 75%, Cuomo notes that they didn't need the 110,000 beds the models said...more like 20,000. No need for ventilators. Numbers way below even the social distancing models. Numbers low all over the country compared to the predicted models, thank god.
Link?
Old 04-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #1006
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Link?
Source (video): https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-...ttening-curve/

Article: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...marks-75-drop/
Quote:
On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters that in his state alone, the epicenter of the viral outbreak in the United States, new coronavirus hospitalizations dropped by about 75 percent, from 1,427 four days ago to 358 on Sunday.
also

Quote:
Jim Malatras, an aide for Gov. Cuomo, reportedly indicated that projections are now showing that New York is unlikely to need 110,000 hospital beds, as previously thought.

The new forecasts show “a much lower demand” that stands in the estimated 20,000-30,000 range, Jesse McKinley, the New York Times bureau chief in the NY capital of Albany, wrote on Twitter on Monday.

That means the new projections for the number of hospital beds needed in NY are between about 70 and 80 percent lower than initially estimated.

On Monday, Gov. Cuomo acknowledged that the drop in hospitalizations in combination with other signs, like the fatalities remaining flat for the second day in a row and a drop in intensive care unit (ICU) admissions, suggest a “possible flattening of the curve.”
All positive stuff

On another note, stupid bitch Chicago mayor puts town on lockdown..then goes and gets a haircut on POSTS THE VIDEO. Rightfully roasted after she called it 'essential'.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/ma...ovid-19-crisis
Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #1007
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
COVID-19 The Corona Virus Thread

I haven’t kept up with the thread so sorry if /repost:

They worked on this V in 2015. Weirdly they talk about “gain of function” tests.

A SARS-like Cluster of Circulating Bat Coronaviruses Shows Potential for Human Emergence

Abstract
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26552008/

Full text

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4797993/

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Are you getting hot air no matter where you set your A/C in your E46? Check out this ancient thread! Chime in with your experience:

Last edited by swordsman11868; 04-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:28 PM   #1008
SamDoe1

Quote:
Source (video): https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-...ttening-curve/

Article: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...marks-75-drop/

also

All positive stuff

On another note, stupid bitch Chicago mayor puts town on lockdown..then goes and gets a haircut on POSTS THE VIDEO. Rightfully roasted after she called it 'essential'.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/ma...ovid-19-crisis
That's all really good to hear, hope it sticks.

Chicago mayor is an idiot.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #1009
Act of God

Old 04-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #1010
WDE46

My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:

Not including their tolerance bands means the creator of this plot is either being intentionally misleading or is ignorant of how projections work and is thus wholly unqualified to make any sort of analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:27 AM   #1011
TheRiddle
Sofa-king-what

My Ride: M52TUB28-Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Not including their tolerance bands means the creator of this plot is either being intentionally misleading or is ignorant of how projections work and is thus wholly unqualified to make any sort of analysis.
I totally agree,
I hope for you that they are real data but it seems very strange to me
TheRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #1012
SamDoe1

Quote:
Where did you get this picture from?

There are plenty of people who are saying the IMHE model is overly optimistic too...but probably in an effort to get people to stay the fvck home.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #1013
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Hospitalizations =/= confirmed cases. Confirmed cases are way more. As an example, NY told some young people with symptoms to just stay home and weather the disease (my niece and her roommates).
Black///M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #1014
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
Hospitalizations =/= confirmed cases. Confirmed cases are way more. As an example, NY told some young people with symptoms to just stay home and weather the disease (my niece and her roommates).
MN is telling people to not go in to the hospital unless you absolutely need to and won't test unless you are hospitalized (or fall into another group). The true number of cases (and recoveries for that matter) is definitely MUCH MUCH higher than what is publicized.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #1015
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Its a good thing the chart specifically says "hospitalizations" then, so as to not get confused.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #1016
Black///M

As an example,... How many more were told to just stay home? Two of her friends succumbed to the disease at home and the city is having over 200 deaths at home daily... (key word=home).
Old 04-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #1017
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
As an example,... How many more were told to just stay home? Two of her friends succumbed to the disease at home and the city is having over 200 deaths at home daily... (key word=home).
And this is why the response from the government to this has not been good, if this was taken more seriously stay at home/social distancing orders would have been enacted sooner and less people would have been infected, allowing the healthcare system/hospitals the ability to treat all the serious cases, instead this was allowed to spread and infect more people then it should have, therefore overrunning the healthcare system (this is exactly what happened in Italy).

CDC models created in February were saying shelter in place orders should have been enacted in early March, mid March at the latest.

bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #1018
Black///M

This was a sh1t show from the start... it still is...
Old 04-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #1019
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
And this is why the response from the government to this has not been good, if this was taken more seriously stay at home/social distancing orders would have been enacted sooner and less people would have been infected, allowing the healthcare system/hospitals the ability to treat all the serious cases, instead this was allowed to spread and infect more people then it should have, therefore overrunning the healthcare system (this is exactly what happened in Italy).

CDC models created in February were saying shelter in place orders should have been enacted in early March, mid March at the latest.
You mean back when Trump was still selling this as a hoax?
Old 04-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #1020
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
This was a sh1t show from the start... it still is...
Seems it is less of a shitshow than predicted which is good, but could have been better if it was taken more seriously.

Also just found out my Aunt tested positive, she is in her mid 60's and lives in Rockland County NY, hadn't been feeling well for a couple weeks, just got the results last night, no fever but tired, sore throat and sores in her mouth.

bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote