325IS - no power to the fuel pump fuse or relay... Feedback welcomed! - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW E36 Forum

General BMW E36 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E36 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
lockeed

My Ride: E90M3 E46M3 E39M5
325IS - no power to the fuel pump fuse or relay... Feedback welcomed!

Hey guys, 1994 325IS manual with M50B25 (built 02/94), so EWS1 and red label DME.

Back story: this car hasn’t run in nearly 20 years, it’s been damaged in an accident on the front right quarter which was replaced by previous owner. I purchased it and started putting it together to try to have it run again, and see if it’s worth saving. At this moment, the interior of the car is disassembled, the seat and carpet is out and the front portion including radiator, headlight etc… are not there.

I initially had a no crank issue, which ended up being the engine ground cable that was never put back in place after the accident/repairs…

My current problem: Now the engine cranks but I hear no priming of the fuel pump when turning the ignition ON. The pump relay is installed and all the other sensors seem to be installed and plugged in. Crank pos. sensor is tested and good. DME is the original one and good too. Main relay seem good as well but any additional tests suggestions are welcomed at this point.

I have no power to the fuel pump relay or fuse, either with ignition ON or OFF.

I can only get the fuel pump to run when I jump terminal 30 and 87 at the relay near the fuse box, or by applying power to the pump directly of course. Now, keeping in mid that the car has been in an accident, I was wondering if the fuel pump might’ve been cut out as a security measure, maybe by the airbag module or something else… to prevent a fire.

Let me know what you guys think - thanks for your help.
lockeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
lockeed

My Ride: E90M3 E46M3 E39M5
I must add that the door card aren't there and all the door lock and speaker wiring is not connected at the moment. Also, the carpet and seats aren't there, the interior is stripped at the moment. Could that cause an issue?

Finally, while digging around this morning I realized that this plug located near the modules behind the glove box wasn't connected to any module. I'll need to investigate where it goes as I didn't found anywhere to connect it too, appart from an empty slot in the bracket that hold multiple modules. Anyone recognize it or what's missing? The previous owner might've remove a module and never reinstalled it, or bought a replacement one if was damaged.

lockeed is offline   Reply With Quote