DIY E46 Media Centre: MP3, videos, Digital Radio, Digital TV? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #11
PeteAU

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS330 View Post
so would it be possible to run this in conjunction with my GROM plugged if i had a switch where the cd changer is?
GROM? I use pin 13 on the white plug of the TV module to input video and the CD changer for audio-in.

I don't really have any plans, just a schematic, board & incomplete software. If you really want a blank board, PM me your address and I'll stick one in an envelope. It shouldn't be underestimated what would be involved to build it:

1) Buy a Raspberry Pi.
2) Find a store to buy all the necessary parts (some surface mount, some thru hole).
3) Program the ATTiny microcontroller (you can buy a programmer on ebay for $5 from Hong Kong).
4) Buy a switch-mode power supply board from ebay - $2 and solder it on.
5) Play around with lots of little connectors/RCA cabling etc.
6) Find a way to mount it (in a box?).
7) Realise that the software is a work in progress and probably lacks the features you expect. Source code is available though.

Maybe these photos will put you off:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ibus-rpi-blankboard.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	503914   Click image for larger version

Name:	ibus-rpi-interface-schematic.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	503915  

Last edited by PeteAU; 07-28-2013 at 05:59 AM.
PeteAU is offline   Reply With Quote