E46 Fanatics Forum banner

misfire when driving normal and not when driving hard

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Landlorder 
#1 ·
Hello i did some looking around and i didnt see anything about this i have a 2000 323ci and i can't drive it in D or SD i have to drive in manual mode (not the worst thing in the world) and I have to drive aggressively or the car will start to misfire in cylinders 123 or 456 and occasionally I get codes that it happened in all the cylinders i just did headers and there is very small to no leak between the head and the headers nothing that you can feel with your hand and i have new intake boots upper and lower if I drive it hard it is all good sounds great when i start the car i have to let it idle for a couple of minutes even if it was just running or it will start to misfire right away I have the front 02 sensors in with a 02 sim on one of them it was fine before the headers

The thing that confuses me is hard acceleration the car is good but driving normal it misfires????????

Anyone have any ideas?

bad 02 sensor?
bad MAF?
something to do with spark?
vacuum or exhaust leak?
not having the rear 02sencers?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.