Quick AK47 question! (again!) - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 08:07 AM   #81
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quick AK47 question! (again!)

I get to pick up my AK today. The 10 day DROS seems to take forever. I get to pick up my Sig Sauer 716 Patrol rifle on the 27th.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 12-18-2016 at 08:07 AM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #82
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Are making them featureless or going to register?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #83
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastBurrito View Post
Are making them featureless or going to register?
I haven't decided which direction I'm going to go yet. I really don't want to go the featureless route though. I'm glad that I have a year to decide. Hopefully Trump or some other government official presents some legislature to undo the ridiculousness. I bought an 80% AR10 lower a couple of weeks ago, but decided to return it after talking to Reedo about the process of milling, anodizing, etc. Then I met a guy who built his AR15 and is comfortable with the milling process, so I purchased another AR10 80% lower yesterday.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:59 PM   #84
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
AK with a monstermann doesn't look that bad.

Did you buy the jig for your paperweight?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #85
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastBurrito View Post
AK with a monstermann doesn't look that bad.

Did you buy the jig for your paperweight?

The guy that I met has the necessary equipment, so that'll save me from royally screwing up the lower.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 12-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #86
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

What do you guys think about the Texas Weapon Systems Gen 3 Dog-Leg Rail?

I was looking for a dust cover with a built in picatinny rail and found this.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #87
GasKing
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 18 Tahoe RST
Im not familiar with that mounting system, but dustcover rail systems have been around along time. I personally don't have experience with them, but from what ive heard optics never hold zero too long because the bolt recoiling right under the dustcover jolts the optic. Why don't you use a regular ak mount with a rail?
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #88
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Im not familiar with that mounting system, but dustcover rail systems have been around along time. I personally don't have experience with them, but from what ive heard optics never hold zero too long because the bolt recoiling right under the dustcover jolts the optic. Why don't you use a regular ak mount with a rail?
I like the look, and it seems that the TWS Gen-3 does well with optics due to the way it is mounted and some adjustment to the spring seat. I suppose that it remains to be seen. The Sig will get the top notch optics; the M&P Sport II and the Intearms/High Standard AK will get something like a Vortex Sparc II or another inexpensive optic.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #89
BKMrSteel

My Ride: 99 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
What do you guys think about the Texas Weapon Systems Gen 3 Dog-Leg Rail?

I was looking for a dust cover with a built in picatinny rail and found this.

Looks like the only way I would own an ak-47. Loved every aspect of it, especially the pivoting top. I bet that rear sight looks sweet lined up with the circular front sight. The entire thing looked slim and thin, it can't add much weight even. Free floating the barrel too. The entire thing cost as much as the big name ar-15 rail systems.

BKMrSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #90
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMrSteel View Post
Looks like the only way I would own an ak-47. Loved every aspect of it, especially the pivoting top. I bet that rear sight looks sweet lined up with the circular front sight. The entire thing looked slim and thin, it can't add much weight even. Free floating the barrel too. The entire thing cost as much as the big name ar-15 rail systems.
Agreed. I like how it doesn't really mess with the lines of the AK. I ordered it with the rear sight too. I can't wait to get it.

P.S. I'm selling a brand new set of FDE Magpul AK goods (..grip, fixed stock and handguard). Anybody interested?

Last edited by M3Inline6; 12-19-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #91
BKMrSteel

My Ride: 99 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Agreed. I like how it doesn't really mess with the lines of the AK. I ordered it with the rear sight too. I can't wait to get it.

P.S. I'm selling a brand new set of FDE Magpul AK goods (..grip, fixed stock and handguard). Anybody interested?

It looks like it will have some dependability in returning to zero, but that's going to be the real test. You will have to share with experience. Are you planning optics?

BKMrSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #92
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMrSteel View Post
It looks like it will have some dependability in returning to zero, but that's going to be the real test. You will have to share with experience. Are you planning optics?

Yeah I am, but probably something affordable. I just bought a Vortex Sparc 2 to use with my AR15, so I'm thinking about something similar (...or a Leupold Deltapoint, although I'm looking to use the Deltapoint in conjunction with, and adjacent to, a Leupold Mark IV scope on my newly purchased Sig 716).

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app