Gun ownership v. homicides worldwide - Page 11 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #201
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Note: badfast apparently feels that a thread about guns cannot be continued properly until he points out that some words mentioned have never been proven to be said by the person someone claimed said them. THAT was the point of the thread, because the title is obviously "what words can be verified to have been said by someone hundreds of years ago"...

Does your ego feel better for having pointed that out? Do you feel good having completely derailed the point of the thread while contributing absolutely nothing of value to the discussion at hand? If pointing out the irrelevant is what makes you feel good just let me know when you are having a bad day, I'll be sure to post a quote and attribute it to someone who we can't prove said it so you can play fact checker about irrelevant crap and once again derail another thread. I'll be happy to help your fragile ego contribute nothing but feel better by "proving someone wrong" even when they admit they were wrong.

Do you have any thoughts on whether or not free citizens should be free to defend themselves in their home and outside of it? I mean outside of tracking down verification of who said what when (because that has been so relevant and constructive so far lol)?
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #202
badfast

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
Note: badfast apparently feels that a thread about guns cannot be continued properly until he points out that some words mentioned have never been proven to be said by the person someone claimed said them. THAT was the point of the thread, because the title is obviously "what words can be verified to have been said by someone hundreds of years ago"...

Does your ego feel better for having pointed that out? Do you feel good having completely derailed the point of the thread while contributing absolutely nothing of value to the discussion at hand? If pointing out the irrelevant is what makes you feel good just let me know when you are having a bad day, I'll be sure to post a quote and attribute it to someone who we can't prove said it so you can play fact checker about irrelevant crap and once again derail another thread. I'll be happy to help your fragile ego contribute nothing but feel better by "proving someone wrong" even when they admit they were wrong.

Do you have any thoughts on whether or not free citizens should be free to defend themselves in their home and outside of it? I mean outside of tracking down verification of who said what when (because that has been so relevant and constructive so far lol)?
cute response

by all means continue on debating what you were debating. Obviously the accuracy of what you say/quote/believe doesn't matter. It was appropriate to point out such an error so others don't fall for the same trick that you did. Instead of being humble and admitting a mistake you argue and defend your actions. I guess humility, admitting mistakes and moving on are not character traits you exhibit. Like I said continue on your debate on gun ownership and the defense against tyranny. However, my contribution is simply fact check yourself so others can't. I encourage you and anyone else to verify information and point out the inaccurate and incorrect. It may elevate the quality of discussion to something of an intelligent debate rather than a cesspool of ignorance.

Last edited by badfast; 11-24-2013 at 03:56 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #203
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Cops: A Job
People: A Right

Stop comparing the two.

Solution? I have many. Stop focusing on the tool for either "group"
Police have become militarized in this country. That needs to be scaled back MAJORLY. Training needs to be increased, but not only firearms... training on laws, rights and due process. Accountability increased massively ("militarize the IA dept instead). Increase the experience, education level and testing metrics minimums for acceptance into a police academy. etc etc etc. I have plenty more.

For non-LEO? REPEAL 90% of the gun laws. Constitutional carry for all except felons (violent crimes only). People are going to carry legally or illegally if they want. The punishment by law should be their actions not possessions.

If that's a deflection, I can't help if you don't understand real "common sense" approaches. If you support gun control measures you hear about on the TV... sorry... you're a puppet.
This country doesn't have gun problem in any remote possible way. It's marketing
At first I was going to argue... then I saw who posted the comment

BTW, the 90% of gun laws that you don't like... they already passed. The onus is on you to repeal them. Good luck with that.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #204
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
You don't want to argue? Stop wasting my time

Working on it
I've been part of several successful law repeal efforts

Ongoing battle for all

Last edited by JonJon; 11-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote