Who's the best squatter - Page 10 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #181
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
how? it's a competition. you have to have a strategy and execute it to perform the best. if you get board with this you probably don't do anything very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Because I value variance in weightlifting. I could care less how many squats I can consecutively do for 5 minutes. 5 minute squats do not make you better at anything, aside from squatting for 5 minutes.

You should look up my previous posts, I'm pretty sure there are a few things that I do well...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

oohhhhhh sh1ttttt
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #182
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Haha.

Ill do front squats. Those are much better than my bs.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #183
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Haha.

Ill do front squats. Those are much better than my bs.

I can front squat 205x3 to 4. I back squat 205 x 5 to 8 (depending on day) for the same depth, below parallel.

Maybe you can shed some light on this, because usually peoples back squats are superior to front.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #184
BreakMyWallet

Weighed in at 199.

Got [email protected]

Lower back started hurting after 15.

I don't think it made me a better lifter, at all. So I will not be doing that again. Haha

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 01-30-2014 at 01:45 PM.
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #185
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
Quote:
Because I value variance in weightlifting. I could care less how many squats I can consecutively do for 5 minutes. 5 minute squats do not make you better at anything, aside from squatting for 5 minutes.

You should look up my previous posts, I'm pretty sure there are a few things that I do well...

Oh, i didn't know this was going to be part of your weekly workout routine. It's just a one time fun competition to try. if you don't want to waste 5 minutes of your day to try it, then don't. this is at least the 5th post where you've complained about being too board to do it. and i wasn't serious about you not doing anything well

Quote:
Weighed in at 199.

Got [email protected]

Lower back started hurting after 15.

I don't think it made me a better lifter, at all. So I will not be doing that again. Haha

60 is pretty damn good! way to pull through after feeling the pain. no one said it would make you a better lifter. just a friendly competition.

Quote:
I always have to laugh when I see a thread described as "Not Work Safe." Is there anything on the OT forum that's really "work safe"? If I were your boss, I'd be mad if you spent any time on this forum at work at all. How is a picture of a naked girl any less work safe than, say, a picture of a matador getting gored in the *** by an angry bull? - VaderDave
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #186
BreakMyWallet

If you say board one more time!!!!!!!

BORED

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 01-30-2014 at 02:00 PM.
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #187
DylloS

doing it once wont make you a better lifter but I bet doing it consistently would.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #188
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
Oh, i didn't know this was going to be part of your weekly workout routine. It's just a one time fun competition to try. if you don't want to waste 5 minutes of your day to try it, then don't. this is at least the 5th post where you've complained about being too board to do it. and i wasn't serious about you not doing anything well

60 is pretty damn good! way to pull through after feeling the pain. no one said it would make you a better lifter. just a friendly competition.
I think we need to figure out what kind of board he is. Cutting board? Dry erase board? Chalk board? Maybe even a board of trustees.

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #189
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I think that just took over "loose" instead of "lose" on my pet peeves list
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #190
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Just did this. I know, no video so it doesn't count.... But here's my thoughts anyway.

Got 50 without really pushing myself. Did 10 reps EMOM. That took about 20 seconds to complete, which left me about 40 seconds of rest until the next 10 reps. I did this as a finisher after heavy deadlifts and front squats.

I honestly thought this would be harder, which is why I just did 10 reps EMOM as a feeler.

I'm 5'9" 180

Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #191
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Heavy session, same weightlifter and powerlifter as in the OP's video:

Alpine WhiteCoral RedAluminum f30 328i Sportline/6MT
Imola RedBlackBlack Aluminum e46 330i ZHP/6MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #192
bluewater87

My Ride: won racewarz
Who's the best squatter

Kinda want to try this, but as you guys say it won't really gain me anything, and there is a potential for injury.

6'2" 200#
02 M3 E46 Vert Phoenix Yellow 6MT (21k miles), VF Stage 2, Evolve tuned 486whp 328wtq (SAE), Evosport Headers, CPI RT, RE El Diablo & SSK & Racebrace, TCK S/A & LCAs, H&R Sways, Vorshlag CPs, Mirror Gauges, Stoptech bbk, RAC RG63, Michelin PS3 255/40/18 285/35/18

06 M3 E46 ZCP Silver Grey 6MT, Evolve tuned 305whp 244wtq (SAE), TCK D/A & CPs, RE SSK, RB BBK, ARC-8 18x9.5 et35, PSS 265/35, [email protected] 1.94 60' (stock 285whp)

Last edited by bluewater87; 11-13-2014 at 06:25 AM.
bluewater87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #193
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater87 View Post
Kinda want to try this, but as you guys say it won't really gain me anything, and there is a potential for injury.

6'2" 200#
Good to know what you can do.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #194
bAby norAA

My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater87 View Post

6'2" 200#
It will gain you some mental strength, confidence, finding out something you need work on, showing you what gives out first in your body when performing high rep work, etc. You can get a lot out of any workout as long as you pay attention to the things you should be paying attention to. This could also give you a good marker for progress if you were to try this again a few months down the road.

Some people might try this and give up half way through because they just don't have the mental toughness for it. Some may find that they are strong up to a certain number and then they hit a wall. A lot can come out of this and any workout, you just need to know where to look and how to program things like this into your workout

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #195
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bAby norAA View Post
It will gain you some mental strength, confidence, finding out something you need work on, showing you what gives out first in your body when performing high rep work, etc. You can get a lot out of any workout as long as you pay attention to the things you should be paying attention to. This could also give you a good marker for progress if you were to try this again a few months down the road.

Some people might try this and give up half way through because they just don't have the mental toughness for it. Some may find that they are strong up to a certain number and then they hit a wall. A lot can come out of this and any workout, you just need to know where to look and how to program things like this into your workout
agreed.

One of my tests for Viada was with 70% or so of my max on my back. 1 squat every 10 seconds. I never pushed so hard in my life lol. Just sitting there for almost 6 minutes with a barbell on my back was hell.