Official Shoe Thread - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #21
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,154
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about Olympic lifting shoes but I just can't justify spending $100-200 on a pair of shoes that can only be used for one thing (lifting) and would most likely only be used 1 maybe 2 days a week.
I regret spending all that money on sneakers. I'd rather have one pair of each:

1. Sneakers.
2. Crossfit shoes, reebok nano 3's or similar inov-8's.
3. Oly lifting shoes.

I think you have enough 1's, think about 2 or 3's now. Also, Adidas adipowers are pretty comfortable, you can do pretty much anything you want in them. I simply change into sneakers for bodybuilding type exercises after I'm done with squats, cleans, etc. just to increase their longevity.
__________________
Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36///M3 - RIP
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
Alpine WhiteCoral RedAluminum f30 328i Sportline/6MT
Imola RedBlackBlack Aluminum e46 330i ZHP/6MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I regret spending all that money on sneakers. I'd rather have one pair of each:

1. Sneakers.
2. Crossfit shoes, reebok nano 3's or similar inov-8's.
3. Oly lifting shoes.

I think you have enough 1's, think about 2 or 3's now. Also, Adidas adipowers are pretty comfortable, you can do pretty much anything you want in them. I simply change into sneakers for bodybuilding type exercises after I'm done with squats, cleans, etc. just to increase their longevity.
I agree, my next shoe will be a pair of Nanos, I just can't pass up a deal, $120 shoes for $50, I feel like I have to buy them.
__________________
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #23
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,154
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I agree, my next shoe will be a pair of Nanos, I just can't pass up a deal, $120 shoes for $50, I feel like I have to buy them.
You sound like my wife lol.
__________________
Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36///M3 - RIP
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
Alpine WhiteCoral RedAluminum f30 328i Sportline/6MT
Imola RedBlackBlack Aluminum e46 330i ZHP/6MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #24
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
You sound like my wife lol.
__________________
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #25
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Oh yeah I also have Nike Romaleos.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #26
z00
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 341
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Got today a pair of NB Minimus for upper body days.

I have been researching lifting shoes for squats and deadlifts, I went with wrestling shoes. Asics split second 9's. I wish I knew about them before. Solid sole and they look bad ass lol. I expect major PRs as I have been lifting in wrong shoes.


Last edited by z00; 07-27-2014 at 10:40 AM.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #27
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Official Shoe Thread

^^^ Not sure about those particular wrestling shoes, but most wrestling shoes have a curved heal to keep the athlete aware not being flat footed and always on his toes. That would be counter productive with DLs/squats. And dangerous...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Leezy321; 07-27-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
z00
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 341
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
This shoe has a flat solid sole/heel. No cushioning. This specific shoe is recommended on BB and some blogs. I went to Sports authority, tried it, did some air squats. Felt pretty damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
^^^ Not sure about those particular wrestling shoes, but most wrestling shoes have a curved heal to keep the athlete aware not being flat footed and always on his toes. That would be counter productive with DLs/squats. And dangerous...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
^^^ Not sure about those particular wrestling shoes, but most wrestling shoes have a curved heal to keep the athlete aware not being flat footed and always on his toes. That would be counter productive with DLs/squats. And dangerous...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I agree with this, I wouldn't want to lift in any type of wrestling shoes.
__________________
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #30
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
z00, wtf. Why would you buy a wrestling shoe to lift in. You should have gotten shoes made to lift in. Plus, those things are ugly as fuuck.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #31
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
They make the biggest difference on squats and DLs, the difference in stability is very noticeable with minimalist shoes on, especially compared to extra cushioned running shoes.

I've heard nothing but good things about Olympic lifting shoes but I just can't justify spending $100-200 on a pair of shoes that can only be used for one thing (lifting) and would most likely only be used 1 maybe 2 days a week.
Thats true for sure, but they should last you at least 10 years. I've had my Romaleos for 4 years or so and they are just starting to get broken in and I wear them 4 days a week on average.

Necessary, no. Nice to have, yes.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #32
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Speaking of ugly shoes I ordered these.
__________________

Last edited by bgsmith; 05-14-2018 at 09:54 AM.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #33
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
The inside of them.
__________________

Last edited by bgsmith; 05-14-2018 at 09:54 AM.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #34
z00
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 341
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I wanted one shoe for both squats and DLs. After doing a lot of research the best two options were either wrestling shoes or Chuck Taylor Converse.

Converse felt they had more cushioning and thicker soles. So I opted for wrestling ones. Have you tried a pair Asics split 9's? Give them a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
z00, wtf. Why would you buy a wrestling shoe to lift in. You should have gotten shoes made to lift in. Plus, those things are ugly as fuuck.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #35
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I wanted one shoe for both squats and DLs. After doing a lot of research the best two options were either wrestling shoes or Chuck Taylor Converse.

Converse felt they had more cushioning and thicker soles. So I opted for wrestling ones. Have you tried a pair Asics split 9's? Give them a shot.
Just get a pair of NB Minimus.
__________________
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #36
z00
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 341
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I did, but I'll be using Minimus for upper body days. You're saying you DL and squat in Minimus? Even though they do have a thin sole but still there is some cushioning.
You know what? You gave me a good idea. I"m gonna squat tonight in Minimus and see how that goes. I can still return wrestling shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Just get a pair of NB Minimus.

Last edited by z00; 07-28-2014 at 07:29 PM.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #37
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I did, but I'll be using Minimus for upper body days. You're saying you DL and squat in Minimus? Even though they do have a thin sole but still there is some cushioning.
You know what? You gave me a good idea. I"m gonna squat tonight in Minimus and see how that goes. I can still return wrestling shoes.
Yeah I wear them for back squats and DLs, I use Free 3.0 for front squats. You are over thinking this.
__________________

Last edited by bgsmith; 07-28-2014 at 08:48 PM.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #38
z00
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 341
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
You're right. I wore NB Minimus for front squats and they felt great. I'm returning wrestling shoes tomorrow. You just saved me $75 Brian! I can spend it on drinks for babes lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Yeah I wear them for back squats and DLs, I use Free 3.0 for front squats. You are over thinking this.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #39
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Only weirdos wear wrestling shoes for anything other than,,, wrestling... Don't be that guy.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #40
z00
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 341
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
lol BB forum and many blogs have it. They actually feel pretty good. But not much better than Minimus. It's a plus not to be that guy hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Only weirdos wear wrestling shoes for anything other than,,, wrestling... Don't be that guy.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.