strawberry shredderrrrrrr!!!! (smoothie king) - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
L IS FOR LUSH

My Ride: e92
strawberry shredderrrrrrr!!!! (smoothie king)

ok so yea most of the smoothies ud get at places i kno are bad..lots of extra sugar, etc. BUT if you havn't heard of/tried the strawberry shredder from smoothie king you're in for a surprise. first of all, its really good haha. second its really good for you (assuming you're allowing fruit in your diet) and the use of strawberries as the only source of carbs i think would make it ideal for PWO.

it's a combination of Gladiator low carb meal replacement, strawberries, L-Carnitine, Citrimax and Chromium. and a small size has 287 calories, 1 gram of fat, 43 grams of carbs (42 are from the strawberries), and 29 grams of protein. obviously way more expensive than making your own shake but its good to know that theres something i can get at smoothie king and not feel horrible about
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
Masko

My Ride: silver coupe
Send a message via AIM to Masko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Fire
ok so yea most of the smoothies ud get at places i kno are bad..lots of extra sugar, etc. BUT if you havn't heard of/tried the strawberry shredder from smoothie king you're in for a surprise. first of all, its really good haha. second its really good for you (assuming you're allowing fruit in your diet) and the use of strawberries as the only source of carbs i think would make it ideal for PWO.

it's a combination of Gladiator low carb meal replacement, strawberries, L-Carnitine, Citrimax and Chromium. and a small size has 287 calories, 1 gram of fat, 43 grams of carbs (42 are from the strawberries), and 29 grams of protein. obviously way more expensive than making your own shake but its good to know that theres something i can get at smoothie king and not feel horrible about
Sorry liquid but im gonna have to burst your bubble (dont hate me). The carbs from the strawberries are a horrible choice. [All] fruits contain the sugar: fructose, which restores liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen. The liver can hold but a little glycogen and everything extra is stored as adipose tissue (fat).

Fruits: when it comes to PWO

But like you said it is a good shake any other time except post workout if you allow it in your diet and you're not too strict.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
bimmerchop

My Ride: E46 M3
- Pearl Stg3+ B5 S4 (sold)

EURO.techniks
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
L IS FOR LUSH

eh, fruit being included in your diet (PWO or otherwise) is still widely debated and I see the points on both sides but i'm not convinced either way yet.

personally, if im taking in that many simple carbs at one time (or at all haha) id rather it be PWO id think that would be better...

Last edited by L IS FOR LUSH; 04-26-2006 at 08:26 PM.
L IS FOR LUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
bimmerchop

I never get tired of this

http://abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php

EURO.techniks
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #6
L IS FOR LUSH

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=cutting+fruit

i can show you links too my point was just that its debated a lot and i see the points on both sides (i know that doesnt mention strawberries for pwo but its the general idea haha)

anyyywways, this smoothie isnt replacing my pwo shake..too expensive haha but its nice to know theres something i can have at smoothie king...especially since everytime i try to make smoothies they never come out as the right consistency lol

Last edited by L IS FOR LUSH; 04-26-2006 at 08:34 PM.
L IS FOR LUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
bimmerchop

Did you even read the link? That refers to pwo nutrition, not only that, but its sources are a lot more reliable then the one you posted. Its factual information from countless scientific studies, not just the opinion of what one doctor thinks from one study coming from some fitness magazine

EURO.techniks
Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
L IS FOR LUSH

hm o well...i had no intention of replacing my pwo shake with this anyway i was just saying its a good healthy alternative to get something at smoothie king.

Masko, do you eat fruit at all or is it not included in your diet?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Fire
hm o well...i had no intention of replacing my pwo shake with this anyway i was just saying its a good healthy alternative to get something at smoothie king.

Masko, do you eat fruit at all or is it not included in your diet?
Im cutting right now so no fruits are not included in my diet. The benefits and vitamins in fruit can be obtained other ways.

Im not even really a big fan of fruit so even when Im not cutting I dont have it very much.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
Unveiled

I just ate Baskin Robbins.

"Mmmmmm Mmmmm good! "
Old 04-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
[email protected]
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masko
Im cutting right now so no fruits are not included in my diet. The benefits and vitamins in fruit can be obtained other ways.

Im not even really a big fan of fruit so even when Im not cutting I dont have it very much.
I LOVE fruits of all kinds. I can't think of a fruit I don't like. For me it is an essential part of my diet, whether I am cutting or not.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #12
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
I LOVE fruits of all kinds. I can't think of a fruit I don't like. For me it is an essential part of my diet, whether I am cutting or not.
Good stuff. By no means am I recommending anyone refrain from eating fruits, they just doesnt fit into my diet.

But the bottom line is fruit is a horrible source of carbs PWO no matter what diet you're on.