I just picked up my first Glock!!!! - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #81
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
Great choice... I have a Glock model 21 (45 ACP) and I love it. Have not shot it in a while as I got real fond of my Springfield XD 9mm. Also have a Bersa .380 for fun (letting my dad hang on to it for now) and a Para Ordnance .45 1911. Also have a nice tactical pump action shot gun for any one brave enough to try to get past the dogs.

Great choice though. My glock has only failed to fire twice out of the hundreds and hundreds of rounds I put though it, and it was because I had cheap target ammo and I think I limp wristed it (can cause stove pipe jams on .45s). Very reliable. Never failed to go bang in over 500 rounds now though.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #82
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Make sure you do a lot of shooting and take a class or two before you start to carry. You want to be very familiar with your comfort of using the firearm as well as your shooting ability and knowing the consequences before having it on you.
+1. Always know what is behind your target if you ever had to use it in a situation other then the range...

I have only felt the need to carry mine a couple of times on me, outside of traveling in the car.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #83
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Here are your 4 rules:

1. Always treat your gun as if it is loaded
2. Never point your gun at a target you're not willing to destroy
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to fire
4. Always take into consideration what is behind your target

Follow these 4 basic rules of gun safety and you'll never have an issue. Have fun!
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #84
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
I have a lot of uncles who are big into hunting and guns. Trust me, this is not a decision I made over night, and I am not walking around thinking I am Dirty Harry...

I have been around guns long enough. I have a healthy fear of them, which in turn, is respect. I have the mentallity to handle the idea of having to use it.

I can't wait for tonight....

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #85
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Update....

I just picked up a glock holster and a 17 +2 mag... Saving up for the rifle attachment. Two guns in one.

I am going to attempt to get the light and a ton of mags here soon.... But the assult rifle attachment is a must. $350 and I'll get the attachments for it later.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #86
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
I can carry legally, in plain sight without a permit, but you get hassled.

Once you apply for the CCW permit, you usually get it in 3 to 6 weeks, and then you are good to go...

I can transport it in the trunk legally, and use it at ranges, or at residences... And if I am not mistaken, I can use it for defense, but only on private property.
Take some classes, join some sites.

PAFOA.org
http://www.carryconcealed.net/

In PA, you can open carry (gun exposed) without a LTCF, except in the city of Phila. (Expect to have the police called on you, and a word of advice, the local and state police DO NOT know ANYTHING about gun laws)

If you want to conceal carry (CC), or carry while in a car, you need a LTCF.

You cannot OC or CC in Phila UNLESS you have a LTCF.

Without a LTCF, you can transport your weapon to/from the range or service center if it is locked up, unloaded, seperate from ammo in your trunk.

In PA, you are NOT required to notify a police officer that your are carrying.
SO DO NOT TELL THEM UNLESS YOU THINK YOURE GOING TO BE SEARCHED.

In PA, you can not be searched beyong a Terry Stop if youre not doing anything illegal and a cop can not search, question or seize anything on your person or vehicle without you agreeing to it.

HAVE FUN!

There are many local battles and many places we need your support...

Welcome to the war of ignorance

http://blog.pafoa.org/2008/12/21/law...onstitutional/

EDIT: Oh yea.. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT crossing the bridge over to Jersey with your gun or hollow points! hahahahh you will get raped

Last edited by JonJon; 12-29-2008 at 09:46 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #87
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Take some classes, join some sites.

PAFOA.org
http://www.carryconcealed.net/

In PA, you can open carry (gun exposed) without a LTCF, except in the city of Phila. (Expect to have the police called on you, and a word of advice, the local and state police DO NOT know ANYTHING about gun laws)

If you want to conceal carry (CC), or carry while in a car, you need a LTCF.

You cannot OC or CC in Phila UNLESS you have a LTCF.

Without a LTCF, you can transport your weapon to/from the range or service center if it is locked up, unloaded, seperate from ammo in your trunk.

In PA, you are NOT required to notify a police officer that your are carrying.
SO DO NOT TELL THEM UNLESS YOU THINK YOURE GOING TO BE SEARCHED.

In PA, you can not be searched beyong a Terry Stop if youre not doing anything illegal and a cop can not search, question or seize anything on your person or vehicle without you agreeing to it.

HAVE FUN!

There are many local battles and many places we need your support...

Welcome to the war of ignorance

http://blog.pafoa.org/2008/12/21/law...onstitutional/

EDIT: Oh yea.. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT crossing the bridge over to Jersey with your gun or hollow points! hahahahh you will get raped
Quoted just so other gun-toting fanatics know whats legal.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #88
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Quoted just so other gun-toting fanatics know whats legal.
What I posted is for PA specifically...

But if anyone has any other questions, Ill do my best to answer.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote