Open Carry In Starbucks is Welcome - Thoughts? - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #61
N89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 4,342
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
In PA, a person doesnt need any license/permit to carry a firearm
Well if we're pointing out technicalities then I'll rephrase my statement:

It amazes me how often someone with a gun considers themselves legitimately capable of using what they're carrying properly/act out correctly in a situation.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #62
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,498
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89 View Post
Well if we're pointing out technicalities then I'll rephrase my statement:

It amazes me how often someone with a gun considers themselves legitimately capable of using what they're carrying properly/act out correctly in a situation.
What are you basing this on? How many gun owners do you personally know out of the 80-100 million in the US?
have you interviewed all of them, most of them for their training certs?

If you want to be afraid of something...

http://www.rense.com/general62/gns.htm

"Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #63
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,657
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by runvrmy View Post
Internet god? If you think the purpose of this argument is merely to prove one's superiority, then you're greatly mistaken.

If I had a CCW permit, I would carry my handgun with me at all times. If this were a rational world, where all people are capable of dealing with one another with words instead of force, weapons would be unnecessary. BUT, we don't live in that world. I will meet force with force if my life or my loved ones are in danger. I refuse to be some casualty statistic.

I find it offensive when people believe that gun owners are a bunch of trigger happy idiots that would do more harm than good if they were forced to intervene in a life threatening situation. All of the gun owners I know are well trained, incredibly responsible people, so speak for yourself.
whose trigger happy? i'm saying flaunting it isn't necessary
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #64
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,498
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
sure when your an active participant it's hard to knock it
Bro, our conversations from now on are going to have to be civil. No more accusations against my character. It's immature, old and not humorous.
If anyone talked to you like you talk to other people on here, you'd be the first one to cry racism, prejudice, wah wah wah.

Civil, last warning
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #65
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,298
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
If there was a shootout or some perp tried to rob a store at gunpoint, I'd shoot him. I'd also hit him and kill him. I know I would. I know lots of people who, in the same position, would be able to do the same thing.

People carry for different reasons. Most people carry for personal defense, not to be a hero and fight crime. This nonsensical notion that people who want to carry concealed are wanna-be vigilantes and lunatics is baseless. In reality, the majority of people who carry do so in order to protect themselves and their families from immediate personal attacks, like a mugging in a parking lot or attempted rape in an elevator or a woman who has been stalked by an ex lover or crazy stalker fan. They don't carry so they can save the day.
Granted, some people do go to excess to make themselves heard and to put their ideology into people's faces, regardless of whether it's wanted or not. Most of us responsible gun owners and carriers rebuke these people, much like Christians rebuke the Westboro Baptist Church, etc. They're on the fringe, and they're not representative of the majority.

As for me, I have to carry. I get overly anxious and paranoid if I don't. It's just force of habit for me due to my lifestyle.



And as far as Starbucks is concerned, I'm now a Starbucks Coffee patron.
__________________
DINAN3 F30 328i M Sport
DinanTronics Stage 1
Dinan Free Flow Black Tip Stainless Exhaust
Dinan Lowering Springs and Bumpstops
Dinan 20" Black Performance Wheels


Learning Firearms
Firearms training and hosted shooting courses


http://www.learningfirearms.com/schedule.html

Last edited by Reedo302; 03-03-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #66
N89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 4,342
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
What are you basing this on? How many gun owners do you personally know out of the 80-100 million in the US?
have you interviewed all of them, most of them for their training certs?

If you want to be afraid of something...

http://www.rense.com/general62/gns.htm

"Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
I'm not afraid of anything like this/that nor am I anti-guns, but I'm basing it off of the fact that most people in the US are complete idiots and can't be trusted to properly handle driving a vehicle let alone handle a weapon that has no forgiveness. By your same logic that I have no basis I can argue that you haven't interviewed them to disprove my statement either so what's your point? I doubt you really think everyone would act accordingly in any given situation without fail; besides I never said everyone holding a gun can't use it.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #67
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,498
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89 View Post
but I'm basing it off of the fact that most people in the US are complete idiots and can't be trusted to properly handle driving a vehicle .
Cant disagree there!

It's scary that some people drive, vote, get jobs in politics, etc.

But a right is a right. You can't take it away from some and not all for no reason, and you certainly can't take it away from all.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #68
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,222
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
dude i'm so getting a gun and a concealed carry permit .. i can't wait .. kinda scared but i figure that's a good thing cause it'll make sure i take it seriously (classes, training, etc.)
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #69
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,298
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
^^ Do EEEET!
__________________
DINAN3 F30 328i M Sport
DinanTronics Stage 1
Dinan Free Flow Black Tip Stainless Exhaust
Dinan Lowering Springs and Bumpstops
Dinan 20" Black Performance Wheels


Learning Firearms
Firearms training and hosted shooting courses


http://www.learningfirearms.com/schedule.html
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #70
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,222
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
^^ Do EEEET!
MD is one of the toughest states to get a concealed permit
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #71
Nichts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Heart of Buckhead
Posts: 519
My Ride: BMW/ BMW/ Infiniti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Simply because something is legal does not mean it is smart. If you want to carry, get a CCW. Bringing attention to one's self is not a means to increase your safety.
I am the furthest thing from anti-gun but I personally think you look like a total D-bag when you open carry in a public place like Starbucks. I look at those people and just grimace. Get a CCW and exercise the right to conceal so I don't have to look at you with a fully loaded semi auto on your side at 8:00 in the morning.
Nichts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #72
joeski3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 523
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I'm not down playing it, you're exaggerating it.
Only to overcompensate for the degree to which you play it down. Perhaps the reality of the situation will land somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It's clear that you want people to be defenseless and you side with criminals.

Everyone else should just take their chances and cower over.
What?

Sir... please step away from the coffee and the keyboard.
__________________

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #73
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,498
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Only to overcompensate for the degree to which you play it down. Perhaps the reality of the situation will land somewhere in the middle.



What?

Sir... please step away from the coffee and the keyboard.
So in your "scenario", what would be acceptable? Only allow one gun owner in a store at a time? Ask customers if they plan on robbing the place and equally match up the number of robbers to gun owners?
Unless you have a better answer (Id love to hear it), the only option is to let everyone carry if they choose, or restrict everyone from. Which do you prefer?

I'm honestly trying to understand you:

1. Should everyone carry
2. Noone carry
3. Only a couple people per community carry

Quote:
23 customers in a Starbucks
12 carrying weapons
1 intends to rob the place
5 weapon carriers decide they can save the day
3 dead... one of which wasn't even in the store

Last edited by JonJon; 03-03-2010 at 11:30 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #74
N89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 4,342
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Cant disagree there!

It's scary that some people drive, vote, get jobs in politics, etc.

But a right is a right. You can't take it away from some and not all for no reason, and you certainly can't take it away from all.
It sure is, and that's all I was trying to say is that some people think they know how to handle certain situation or utilize various things in different circumstances, the subject happened to be guns here so that's what my statement was directed towards. You're right though, I take my statement about being scared back, because idiots behind a gun/car/voting/in general are a scary thing.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #75
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,222
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Jesus I'll tell you what ... one thing I notice in EVERY argument on this site is that everyone over generalizes, over exaggerates, and over analyzes. People get defensive when someone else attacks your point of view so instead of defending it specifically, we (I do it too) tend to generalize and broaden your point subjecting it to even more argument .. until it just gets ridiculous
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #76
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,498
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
Jesus I'll tell you what ... one thing I notice in EVERY argument on this site is that everyone over generalizes, over exaggerates, and over analyzes. People get defensive when someone else attacks your point of view so instead of defending it specifically, we (I do it too) tend to generalize and broaden your point subjecting it to even more argument .. until it just gets ridiculous
True....

I'm out....


JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #77
joeski3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 523
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
So in your "scenario", what would be acceptable? Only allow one gun owner in a store at a time? Ask customers if they plan on robbing the place and equally match up the number of robbers to gun owners?
Unless you have a better answer (Id love to hear it), the only option is to let everyone carry if they choose, or restrict everyone from. Which do you prefer?

I'm honestly trying to understand you:

1. Should everyone carry
2. Noone carry
3. Only a couple people per community carry
I still have yet to hear why anyone would need to carry their gun with them into a coffee shop or anywhere in public.

Don't get me wrong JJ. I love guns. Guns are cool. I have no problem with guns. It's the moro... er, responsible gun owners that feel the need to have it with them all the time that I'm worried about. Perhaps in Philly it's a matter of taking your life into your own hands to walk into a coffee shop. But around here (and everywhere else I've lived for that matter including Texas, Arizona and a hand full of military bases) it's not considered anywhere near necessary. In fact most people would consider it extremely excessive and more likely to provoke a situation as opposed to quelling one.
__________________

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #78
N89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 4,342
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCali View Post
Jesus I'll tell you what ... one thing I notice in EVERY argument on this site is that everyone over generalizes, over exaggerates, and over analyzes. People get defensive when someone else attacks your point of view so instead of defending it specifically, we (I do it too) tend to generalize and broaden your point subjecting it to even more argument .. until it just gets ridiculous
Cyberbullying




























N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #79
CCali
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,222
My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
p.s. is anyone else's user cp clicked threads not unbolding driving me crazy :bangchicks:

*edit* ^ sorry, freudian slip .. i meant
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #80
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,498
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I still have yet to hear why anyone would need to carry their gun with them into a coffee shop or anywhere in public.

Don't get me wrong JJ. I love guns. Guns are cool. I have no problem with guns. It's the moro... er, responsible gun owners that feel the need to have it with them all the time that I'm worried about. Perhaps in Philly it's a matter of taking your life into your own hands to walk into a coffee shop. But around here (and everywhere else I've lived for that matter including Texas, Arizona and a hand full of military bases) it's not considered anywhere near necessary. In fact most people would consider it extremely excessive and more likely to provoke a situation as opposed to quelling one.
I'm convinced you think crime and murders don't happen in public or something. Carrying really isn't intrusive or a big deal. It's like carrying a cell phone, just one more item. SCHTF in a Dunkin Donuts, doctors office, coffee shop, mall, library, your car, walking down your driveway, etc.

This isn't paranoia, its just reality. There are no safe zones to say "I need to carry here but I don't need to carry there."

Again, it's really no big deal to carry, not like I'm luggin around a 50cal strapped to my leg and there is probably less than a 1% chance I'll ever need to use it.

But I kiss my 2 year old goodbye everyday and promise I'll return. That's my motivation.

You can choose to accept that you'll probably never get into a life threatening situation and take your chances or you can prepare for the worst.

Last edited by JonJon; 03-03-2010 at 11:55 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.