Form 1 Sent IN! Guess the return date game! - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #41
[email protected]
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
I'm hoping to hear about how your getting a rdias soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
On a side-bar to this thread, I am continually amazed at how many women truly are absolutely bat-shit crazy. My wife is a bit quirky, but pretty stable. Every ex-girlfriend of mine is just nuts. I wound up talking to one of my ex's via facebook a while back, and she's even crazier, bulimic and is dumber than a box of rocks. Others I've talked to are just as off the rail. I think I realized I found the right woman to marry when I actually found one that wasn't utterly insane beyond all reason.
Haha my last couple exs are bat sh!t focken nuts too. My last ex(she always talked about marriage) was a crazy, selfish bitch. She was just like her mom who was pyscho too. I knew I never ever wanted to even consider marrying her, she thought the world was against her, hated my family. Think I just felt bad with her and stayed with her about 2 years to long. Current gf is definitely the one..she doesn't care what I buy, she likes to play video games, she likes guns, she can now run one of my stores if need be and is laid back with an awesome family.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #42
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Never trust a hoe.

In any case, on to the story.

I was talking to a local guy who I'm friends with on arfcom 2 nights ago and we were catching up. During our back and forth conversation, I mentioned I was really looking for a DIAS. The next response back was the interesting one. He mentioned that about 3 days prior, a guy had listed a Colt M16 in the classifieds of a local newspaper...for $10,000. So, I knew from research that an M16A1 was worth somewhere between $14000 and $18000. I called the number listed the next morning (yesterday) to ask if it was still available and was told it was but that he had received a fair amount of interest on it and was meeting someone on Saturday to show it. I asked if there was any chance I could meet up later yesterday afternoon or today to have a look; he said he would get back to me, but that he'd want a $5000 deposit.

So I went to the bank and pulled the deposit, then drove the 5 hours from St. Pete to Jacksonville. I called en route and was again told he would call me back. Finally, at 7:30 last night, after I had not heard back and after I had been in Jax for a few hours, I called him again. This time we talked about it.

He said he was surprised at the amount of interest he had received, which sorta clued me in that he really just didn't know what he had or that he was undervaluing it. I asked if we could meet this morning at my favorite local dealer to have it looked over. I also asked him to email me some pictures.

Later that night, he emailed me pictures. It was indeed a factory Colt M16, marked as such. Upon seeing that, I emailed back saying I would take it, subject to a brief inspection by my dealer and a call to the ATF to verify its authenticity. I could barely sleep last night; it's when I posted in this thread.

This morning, I woke up and went to the bank to retrieve the remaining balance of $5000. I had my trust paperwork with me and was stoked about getting this done. In the middle of getting my money at the bank, the guy called me and said that the price of the rifle had gone up to $12,000 because of the interst he had received. I thought about it for a minute and said I wasn't happy, that I thought we had an agreement at $10,000, and that I needed a chance to think. I hung up and thought it through, though I knew I was pretty much still in. I called back, said I still wasn't happy, but that in good faith I would be willin to meet in the middle at $11,000. He accepted again over the phone and we agreed at a time to meet up at my dealer.

A few minutes later, he called back again and said that it had to be 12,000 and that he had received a call with that offer. At that point, I stood my ground and insisted that we had an agreement at $11,000 and that I had made reliance upon it and had cash in hand. He backed down, agreed to $11,000 again, and told me he would call the guy back and tell him he had already reached a deal.

So we met up at my dealer. I found out that because it was 2 people within the same state, we could simply do a Form 4 between us and we didn't have to go through the dealer. The only problem was that he would have to retain possession of the weapon until I was approved; neither the dealer, nor I could take possession until either of us had a stamp.

So while I thought of a way to continue to do the deal, I had the gun looked at. It's in fantasic shape. It's not mint, but the sear is in awesome shape (estimated less that 1000 rounds), the timing is correct, and the trigger/disconnector pins are tight and free from slop. After looking at the stamp, we deduced that it was the real deal and found out it had basically sat in the guys safe since 1984.

Both of us agreed that there wasnt any faster way to transfer the weapon and he needed cash so I proposed a solution. I would give him 50 percent up front and 50 percent upon delivery. He agreed and we drew up a contract stating some terms and signed it. He retained the weapon and contracted to keep in in same condition and in a safe until transfer. My guys at Gun Gallery, who I have to send a shoutout to, we're absolutely amazing and they'll be getting a 12 pack and my continued business. I love them there.

So that's the story; I think I did really well on it and in 7-8 months, I will have an M16 in insanely good shape. It's not a DIAS, but I'm absolutely stoked about it. I'll post the pictures he sent me later.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram: yippee_ki_dave

Last edited by david05111; 05-11-2012 at 10:25 PM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #43
[email protected]
Sponsor

That's awesome...good deal as well. Now just waiting until the beginning of the year to get it sucks. Take any pics?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #44
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
The only thing that matters is the lower receiver itself, but getting the whole thing is badass! NICE!
Dinan Lowering Springs and Bumpstops
Dinan 20" Black Performance Wheels

Learning Firearms
Firearms training and hosted shooting courses

http://www.learningfirearms.com/schedule.html
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #45
david05111

Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #46
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Thats nice, how much do you have in it?
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #47
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Thats nice, how much do you have in it?
Story above. $11,000 ($5500 paid, $5500 to be paid upon delivery).

Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #48
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Yup, I HATE when people do that. Not much you can do about it after the fact, you still got a smokin deal.

I bought a huge parts lot a while back and the milfer, after we made the agreement, kept about $600 in parts for his brother. If I would not have been making out like a bandit I'd have told him to pound sand.

Dudes still a prick....
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #49
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Yup, I HATE when people do that. Not much you can do about it after the fact, you still got a smokin deal.

I bought a huge parts lot a while back and the milfer, after we made the agreement, kept about $600 in parts for his brother. If I would not have been making out like a bandit I'd have told him to pound sand.

Dudes still a prick....
Yeah I should have gotten an agreement in writing, but I didn't.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Nice Dave, now I can see why you were so excited! Now the waiting begins.....again.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #51
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Nice Dave, now I can see why you were so excited! Now the waiting begins.....again.
Haha thanks Jeff! I hate the waits!

One of these days, we'll meet up with our guns and cans and go crazy. And I'll definitely give you a heads up when this one comes in; I need to start saving money for ammo

Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #52
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I just called for an update.

APPROVED as of JUNE 11th!!!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #53
bigugly

My Ride: things that go fast.
Is crazy how you can send in a form, and they cash that check QUICK yet sit on that paperwork...... Iirc there are only about 25 people who do paperwork checks for the entire united states. That's private and dealer forms

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #54
david05111

Quote:
I just called for an update.

APPROVED as of JUNE 11th!!!!!
Haha I told you! And you thought I was crazy the other day...

Post pics when you assemble the beast. I'll be waiting here, for another month, ugh.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #55
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I'm ready to leave work and go check the mailbox.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #56
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Dinan Lowering Springs and Bumpstops
Dinan 20" Black Performance Wheels

Learning Firearms
Firearms training and hosted shooting courses

http://www.learningfirearms.com/schedule.html
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #57
[email protected]
Sponsor

awesome! good news too theres a shot i might have my can in july!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #58
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Stamp arrived.

I'm going to go pick up the upper from my in-laws tonight!

Last edited by Serbonze; 06-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #59
david05111

Quote:
Stamp arrived.

Lucky bastard...you lucky bastard

Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
[email protected]
Sponsor

Quote:
Stamp arrived.

Oh how im so jealous but happy for you haha Expecting pics up by the time i get home from work

In the mean time i did just drop off my savage mkii with boyds stock to get digi camod while waiting for my .22 can