Just took the CWP course... What a joke... - Page 7 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #121
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
IWB holsters.... ready.... GO.
True.
Dinan Lowering Springs and Bumpstops
Dinan 20" Black Performance Wheels

Learning Firearms
Firearms training and hosted shooting courses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #122
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
IWB holsters.... ready.... GO.
I have a comptac ctac and I think I'm happy with it. I haven't quite gotten used to it and it's not quite adjusted right, but i think it'll work out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram:
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #123
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
Lol reedo...

Ya I just want something really simple. I don't want that stiff material, something leather and small.

boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #124
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
my recommendation is the comptac MTAC. leather backing against your body, kydex shell to maintain thinness.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #125
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
my recommendation is the comptac MTAC. leather backing against your body, kydex shell to maintain thinness.
Come to think of it, I bought the Mtac instead of the ctac. I agree, Mtac is nicer

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram:
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #126
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Crossbreed. Absolutely in love it with. I forget it's there sometimes it so damn comfortable.

Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #127
Reedo302

I'm a fan of my Crossbreed also.

Learning Firearms

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #128
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
It might just be the way this thread has progressed or the way it has sounded to me, but it doesn't sound like you have a ton of shooting experience, or possibly just with pistols. My recommendation (take it or leave it) is to get a lot of range time with your new Glock first and train with it before you start walking around with it on your hip.

I was given the same advice when I bought my first handgun and thought my father in law was just being paranoid and that I was likely a fine shot. I'm glad I put a few thousand rounds down range before getting my CCW permit and strapping on a holster. To each his own, but it seems like this is too much of a novelty at the moment and needs a bit more consideration for what your responsibility and capabilities are should the need arise to use the thing.

JMHO, not trying to be Debbie Downer.

SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #129
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I was given the same advice when I bought my first handgun and thought my father in law was just being paranoid and that I was likely a fine shot. I'm glad I put a few thousand rounds down range before getting my CCW permit and strapping on a holster. To each his own, but it seems like this is too much of a novelty at the moment and needs a bit more consideration for what your responsibility and capabilities are should the need arise to use the thing.

JMHO, not trying to be Debbie Downer.
No man, I completely agree with you. This is why I'm glad that I have about 50 days until I get my CWP. I just went to the range and put 100 through it with no problems... I for sure need some practice with it though. I haven't been around guns my whole life and just started getting into them the past couple years. I started easy with the 12ga and 10/22, and feel like I can operate and control them very well. Now I need to learn handguns better.

I do however repect them and know how to properly maintain and handle them. I'm a very safe person in general and very coordinated, so you won't need to worry about me shooting myself in the leg or whatever.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #130
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
I do however repect them and know how to properly maintain and handle them. I'm a very safe person in general and very coordinated, so you won't need to worry about me shooting myself in the leg or whatever.
No one is worried about you shooting yourself in the leg. We would be worried about you negligently shooting someone else in the leg.

Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #131
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
No one is worried about you shooting yourself in the leg. We would be worried about you negligently shooting someone else in the leg.
True-No worries with that. I'm not a confrontational person. I've never been in a fight and have always been the one to defuse a situation.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #132
boostedisbetter

BTW just found out that GEN4 and GEN3 guide rods for g26 are both the same. So only benefit is the grip? That seems a bit pointless.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #133
Reedo302

Basically.

Learning Firearms

Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #134
boostedisbetter

^Glad I saved a bit, and I can put the gen4 ejector issues out of my mind.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #135
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
And you're selling it already?

Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote