In light of the anticipated gun-reform that these fools are sure to put through, WTB? - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Just ordered a few 30rd PMags from MidwayUSA (which is semi local).

I may pick up a few from a place close to my house this week, as well.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
if even legislation is introduced, how long would it take for anything to be passed? 6months? 1year?

I just got my usp9, I was hoping to wait a bit before i stock up on extra 15rd mags.

And then there's the AR15 that's on my list fml.
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #23
phrozen06

My Ride: RIP E92 M3, E91 328
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
http://thehutchinsonreportnews.com/p...msg_share_post

Quote:
Here’s the complete checklist of the gun control bills that were introduced in the past decade that would have put tougher restrictions on various aspects of gun sales and on who could get them. All were DOA in Congress.

H.R. 45: This bill would require a license for handguns and semiautomatics, including those currently possessed. The applicant must be thumb printed and sign a certification that, effectively, the firearm will not be kept in a place where it would be available for the defense of the gun owner’s family. The applicant must also make available ALL of his psychiatric records, pass an exam, and pay a fee of up to $25.

H.R. 197: This bill would establish national standards for concealed carry reciprocity, but would not protect residents of pro-gun states like Vermont and Alaska which do not require paper permits.

H.R. 256: This bill would, among other things, impose a ten-year prison sentence (a life sentence if death or kidnapping results) for using a firearm to cause bodily injury on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.

H.R. 257: This bill would take the already Byzantine restrictions on teaching your kids the responsible use of firearms and extend them from handguns to semi-autos; increase the age of applicability from 18 to 21; and increase potential penalties to up to 10 years in prison.

H.R. 808: This bill would create a Department of Peace, which would be tasked with, among other things, analyzing policies with respect to “tools of violence, including handguns.”

H.R. 1684 : This bill would codify the Bush Administration's regulations concerning guns in National Parks.

H.R. 1913: This bill would impose a 10-year prison sentence for a simple “attempt” to cause bodily injury if a firearm was involved.

H.R. 1923 : The Fairness in Firearms Testing Act bill will require that an unedited video be recorded during the testing of a firearm to determine if it is a machine gun.

H.R. 2159: This bill would allow Eric Holder to declare any person a "prohibited person” (revoke licenses of, etc.) if he "suspects" that individual of aiding terrorism. Given recent disclosures that the government regards pro-lifers, pro-gun advocates, veterans, and other conservatives as potential terrorists, this has to be regarded with some alarm.

H.R. 2296: The bill would allow Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to impose, for the first time, civil penalties on federal firearms licensees.

H.R. 2324: This bill is a reincarnation of the year-after-year effort to effectively ban gun shows by allowing them to be regulated and inspected to an unlimited extent. In addition, any gun show sponsor would be subject to up to two years in prison if he failed to notify every single attendee of his responsibilities under the Brady Law.

S. 632: This bill would provide that the manufacturer’s excise tax on recreational equipment be paid quarterly.

S. 843: This bill would effectively abolish gun shows. It would require registration, unlimited inspection requirements, unlimited record-keeping requirements and an uncapped fee of potentially any amount.

S. 1317 : This bill would allow the Attorney General to deny the purchase of a firearm pursuant to an Instant check (or a permit which would allow a person to by-pass the Instant check) if he “suspect[s]” that the person has been engaged in conduct “related to terrorism” and the Attorney General has a “reasonable belief” that the firearm might be used in connection with terrorism.

Last edited by phrozen06; 12-17-2012 at 11:13 AM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
I'll be grabbing some additional PMAGs and ammo. I might grab a couple of extra 19rd mags for my XDM as well.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Quote:
H.R. 45: This bill would require a license for handguns and semiautomatics, including those currently possessed. The applicant must be thumb printed and sign a certification that, effectively, the firearm will not be kept in a place where it would be available for the defense of the gun owner’s family. The applicant must also make available ALL of his psychiatric records, pass an exam, and pay a fee of up to $25.
DA FUQ???????????
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
bmwuser456789123

My Ride: bmw
So should I really start to worry and start stockpiling, my buddy sent me the pictures of a almost completely empty walmart case? Seems like this happens every time a dem is elected or there is a high profile shooting. I usually SMH at the bulk buyers during these times but some of you guys I look up to seem to be worried...
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
bmwuser456789123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #27
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I'm not one to panic buy and I normally ignore the instinct to stock up when these unfortunate incidents happen, but not this time. Kids change everything...and while they've been able to brush the giffords, theater, and mall shootings aside recently, they won't be able to do so with this one. The second little kids died, change was guaranteed because people will allow their emotions to dominate rationale thought and discourse. Mark my words, the AWB (not in it's current form) will pass because of the POTUS, the senate, and a few republicans that will cross the aisle to do it in the house.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram: yippee_ki_dave
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #28
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
For starters a couple BX-25 mags for my 10/22 lol. 10 rds of .22 is annoying. And another 16rd mag for the XD9SC..
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
There is definite panic after every idiot does something. Unfortunately this event was special since it was children. I don't know how quickly something will get passed, but its only a matter of time. I bought some extra pmags just in case and going to look into some more ammo. If I ever wanted an AR or AK I would seriously look for one soon. I already see a run on magazines already. Every site I buy from was out or low on stock. Prices are going up for the short term and say bend over if they pass anything.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #30
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLAUDM3 View Post
There is definite panic after every idiot does something. Unfortunately this event was special since it was children. I don't know how quickly something will get passed, but its only a matter of time. I bought some extra pmags just in case and going to look into some more ammo. If I ever wanted an AR or AK I would seriously look for one soon. I already see a run on magazines already. Every site I buy from was out or low on stock. Prices are going up for the short term and say bend over if they pass anything.
I literally just impulse-bought an AR-15. I rarely impulse buy anything of importance but given the time frame, figured just owning it and then doing my research would work. Can always upgrade and adjust as necessary later now that the actual firearm is in my possession.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #31
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Well that was a quick BCM order

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #32
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've seen their quality control slipping a lot and some out of spec lowers...I bought 5 because I got them for $68 a piece. I plan n reselling them to buy some hire quality parts.
Let me know if/when you plan on selling them. I'd be interested since no one else on the interwebs has any in stock anymore.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
bmwuser456789123

Well I guess Ill jump on the wagon, just bought some 24rd mags for the .308 from CTD along with a trigger group and retainer to start the conversion.

Why do a couple of as$holes have to fu(k it up for everyone
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #34
bmwuser456789123

also bought the rest of the conversion parts just now...
Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #35
M3_POWER

My Ride: is better than yours
Needed some extra PMAGS so it was a no brainer for me to stock up on some more. Pre-ordered 15 windowed gen3 PMAGS from brownells.

I'm calling my friend tomorrow to see if he can build my AK ASAP.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Should i get rid of my yugo sks for an ak?

///M

Last edited by Redline; 12-18-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #37
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Im thinking of going shopping at the local walmarts for 6920s tomorrow, for no other reason really than to sell them for a profit. People are buying them all over the net at the moment for way over msrp. Maybe if I pick up 3-4 of them, I culd get a free one from selling the others...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram: yippee_ki_dave
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #38
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
^^ I'm sure that was made in jest, and you truly have no intention of doing that.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #39
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
bought two BX-25 mags 13% off at midway... http://www.midwayusa.com/product/238...-polymer-black just fyi

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 12-18-2012 at 09:45 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #40
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Im thinking of going shopping at the local walmarts for 6920s tomorrow, for no other reason really than to sell them for a profit. People are buying them all over the net at the moment for way over msrp. Maybe if I pick up 3-4 of them, I culd get a free one from selling the others...
If I could find a local one for sale. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote