[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro - Page 13 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-2020, 07:13 AM   #241
Madhouse

My Ride: BMW 330CI replicaM3
I have updated to version 69, but the leds rpm still do not work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #242
Madhouse

Start again by writing to the patch bin. my vin and isn, applying cluster patch 69, checksum ok, but file is identical to flashed.Something escapes me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Madhouse; 04-05-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Editing
Old 04-06-2020, 03:28 AM   #243
sda2

My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
You need to apply the patch and then save the binary. In the parameter summary it should change to "patched".

Make sure you have directory permissions to save the file.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2020, 06:29 AM   #244
Madhouse

I just started from scratch vin, ecu, isn correct, corrected a tunerpro data pair, I just wrote it, but it still doesn't work.

Last edited by Madhouse; 04-06-2020 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:18 AM   #245
Madhouse

Well, the patch I think was loaded on the map. Now if they no longer light LEDs, is it another problem?

Old 04-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #246
paw.garage

My Ride: 325i
Transmission: MT
can't wait the new patchlist
paw.garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:23 AM   #247
Madhouse

When I do indicator tests with bmw scanner, the rpm LEDs do not light up.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #248
Madhouse

When checking test cluster indicators, do the rpm LEDs also light up?

If so, why don't they work for me?

Old 04-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #249
Madhouse

I think my cluster does not have these holes for the LEDs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20200425_185531_1587834454733.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	798785  

Old 04-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #250
sda2

Since this is not Facebook, please try not to spam this thread with multiple posts, but edit your last one.

For cluster questions open a new topic since this has nothing to do with it.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #251
Jeddreeves

Year: 2002
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
Hey everyone, i'm having some trouble get version 69 to run on my ms43.
I own a 2002 325i auto.
I have two dme's, one i got off eBay which is running "MS430056_M54B25_Logger_EWSsignature_CHK5off" and this have being working fine the past few months, i have even played around with some of the values in the 64kb portion to make the car pop/backfire. The other day i tried to install my completely stock untouched dme that came in my car, for some weird reason the car would crank be not start.

So i have decided to use the Ebay dme that is running ms430056 as my back up now and i am playing around trying to update my original dme to version 69 as i am going to be supercharging the car in the coming months and it seems like version 69 is much easier when it comes to tuning.

I flashed my original dme with the version 69 M54B25 RHD EU4 tune off the wiki after matching up the VIN and other numbers using the community patch list in tuner pro. I then read the full 512kb file from the dme, opened it with tuner pro and patched the immobilizer bypass, checksum bypass and the maf sensor hack. Once i was finish i used the "ms43 checksum" off the wiki. It corrected 3 errors. I then used "ms4x flasher" to write the full 512kb file to the dme. I disabled checksum correction in "ms4x flasher" when i uploaded that 512kb file.

The car just cranks and it will not start. i used INPA to read codes and i have attached screenshots of the codes found.
I tried resetting adaptation and that didn't seem to help. I have an engine light and ABS/traction light on the dash.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10O...o_6-W1-e5zPmec _sl_ _sl_ _sl_

Last edited by Jeddreeves; 04-27-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Jeddreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #252
sda2

We just found a bug with US based files and earlier versions of MS43.

This incompatibility is now solved and you may try again if you've had ECU self-test DTC and non starting engine in the past.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #253
sda2

We just found a bug with US based files and earlier versions of MS43.

This incompatibility is now solved and you may try again if you've had ECU self-test DTC and non starting engine in the past.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #254
Raydijkstra

My Ride: 330i
hi guys. im having trouble getting my wideband o2 signal to log with tunerpro. i have an AEM wideband and using the 0-5v output of that into the post cat lambda bank 1. i can see the signal perfectly in INPA but the signal is not getting through to tunerpro. i am using Michael H. ADX file. it has provisions for a wideband input.

is there anyone that can shed some light on possible issues? i have changed the conversion in the ADX to match the gauge. this is definitely not a wiring problem as the voltage shows up in inpa and directly converts to the correct AFR when manually converting with the conversion factor.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Raydijkstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #255
d_cleverzz

My Ride: Turbo 5spd 330cic
Year: 2001
Model: 330CIC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydijkstra View Post
hi guys. im having trouble getting my wideband o2 signal to log with tunerpro. i have an AEM wideband and using the 0-5v output of that into the post cat lambda bank 1. i can see the signal perfectly in INPA but the signal is not getting through to tunerpro. i am using Michael H. ADX file. it has provisions for a wideband input.

is there anyone that can shed some light on possible issues? i have changed the conversion in the ADX to match the gauge. this is definitely not a wiring problem as the voltage shows up in inpa and directly converts to the correct AFR when manually converting with the conversion factor.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

The ADX for TunerProRT does not log post cat o2 sensors. Im not sure why, to do this I still dont know why. Just use RomRaider, which you can view the post cats and just use the proper correction factor for your AEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2020, 03:25 AM   #256
rbngr

My Ride: e46 325ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddreeves View Post
Hey everyone, i'm having some trouble get version 69 to run on my ms43.
I own a 2002 325i auto.
I have two dme's, one i got off eBay which is running "MS430056_M54B25_Logger_EWSsignature_CHK5off" and this have being working fine the past few months, i have even played around with some of the values in the 64kb portion to make the car pop/backfire. The other day i tried to install my completely stock untouched dme that came in my car, for some weird reason the car would crank be not start.

So i have decided to use the Ebay dme that is running ms430056 as my back up now and i am playing around trying to update my original dme to version 69 as i am going to be supercharging the car in the coming months and it seems like version 69 is much easier when it comes to tuning.

I flashed my original dme with the version 69 M54B25 RHD EU4 tune off the wiki after matching up the VIN and other numbers using the community patch list in tuner pro. I then read the full 512kb file from the dme, opened it with tuner pro and patched the immobilizer bypass, checksum bypass and the maf sensor hack. Once i was finish i used the "ms43 checksum" off the wiki. It corrected 3 errors. I then used "ms4x flasher" to write the full 512kb file to the dme. I disabled checksum correction in "ms4x flasher" when i uploaded that 512kb file.

The car just cranks and it will not start. i used INPA to read codes and i have attached screenshots of the codes found.
I tried resetting adaptation and that didn't seem to help. I have an engine light and ABS/traction light on the dash.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10O...o_6-W1-e5zPmec _sl_ _sl_ _sl_
Don't correct checksums with "ms43 checksum", let ms4x-flasher handle that.

rbngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:24 PM   #257
m54e30t

My Ride: e30
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
The ADX for TunerProRT does not log post cat o2 sensors. Im not sure why, to do this I still dont know why. Just use RomRaider, which you can view the post cats and just use the proper correction factor for your AEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It halves the logging speed because rear o2 sensors are in a different response.
m54e30t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:52 AM   #258
Jeddreeves

Year: 2002
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro

Does anyone know what the MS430056_M54B25_Logger_EWSsignature_CHK5off file actually does to the EWS module.
I virginized an ecu with ms430069 by setting all of ISN to FF.
I then tried to resync the DME with the ews using both INPA and ms4x flasher but neither could contact the EWS module. When I try and sync I keep get the pop up no code stored for this driving session. If I try and reset it I get the pop up no start value is stored in this DME.
In INPA after I try to start the car I get the the error: EWS code.
I virginized the DME in boot mode using jmgarage flasher. I read the file back off the DME to make sure I had written to the ISN/VIN area of the DME. The Isn was still FF out so it should have being virginized but for some reason the car still wont start it would only crank. I corrected all checksums.
I even tried using the patch to clear immobiliser data, and the immobiliser bypass patch but neither worked.

Also to double the MAF limit do you patch that in the community patch list file, and then double all values in both maf tables? Or is it more complicated then that.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Last edited by Jeddreeves; 05-05-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Jeddreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:42 AM   #259
sda2

Updated to v2.5!

added features:
  • DS2 Logging Feature Enhancement updated
  • DS2 Speed Increase
  • Map Reduction
  • Ignition Cut Limiter
  • Alpha/N mode
  • MIL Knock Indicator

Many of you waited for it, here is the first version of ignition cut (combinable with the launch control).

We will have to see how good this works, tests showed that ignition retard builds more boost than ignition cut, but that will be a feature of the next version

Exhaust sound videos welcome

MIL Knock Indicator is also handy and speed increase for logging speaks for itself.

Check it out here: https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title...nity_Patchlist

WARNING: Some patches are overhauled, so we suggest starting with a fresh binary or undeploy the patches with the patchlist first.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:42 AM   #260
rbngr

My Ride: e46 325ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Updated to v2.5!

added features:
  • DS2 Logging Feature Enhancement updated
  • DS2 Speed Increase
  • Map Reduction
  • Ignition Cut Limiter
  • Alpha/N mode
  • MIL Knock Indicator

Many of you waited for it, here is the first version of ignition cut (combinable with the launch control).

We will have to see how good this works, tests showed that ignition retard builds more boost than ignition cut, but that will be a feature of the next version

Exhaust sound videos welcome

MIL Knock Indicator is also handy and speed increase for logging speaks for itself.

Check it out here: https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title...nity_Patchlist

WARNING: Some patches are overhauled, so we suggest starting with a fresh binary or undeploy the patches with the patchlist first.

rbngr is offline   Reply With Quote