Koni Special Active shocks + Eibach Pro Kit springs? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
hellspcangel911

My Ride: Your BMW
Koni Special Active shocks + Eibach Pro Kit springs?

Hi All
As the title says, I ordered Koni Special Active shocks with Eibach Pro Kit springs for a 2001 330i, 4dr, no sport package or ZHP. Front setup is great, rear is too low to drive on stock 17" rims with 205/45 tires.
Now, the vendor is telling me the Koni special actives are only for stock springs not to be used with Eibach lowering springs.

I went with this setup after searching forums. Anyone here running this setup?

Thanks for the help
hellspcangel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:23 AM   #2
steifan

My Ride: 325i '06, 323 Ci '00
Year: 2000
Model: 323Ci
Transmission: M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspcangel911 View Post
Hi All
As the title says, I ordered Koni Special Active shocks with Eibach Pro Kit springs for a 2001 330i, 4dr, no sport package or ZHP. Front setup is great, rear is too low to drive on stock 17" rims with 205/45 tires.
Now, the vendor is telling me the Koni special actives are only for stock springs not to be used with Eibach lowering springs.

I went with this setup after searching forums. Anyone here running this setup?

Thanks for the help
Hope you know that Special Active was gold colored and called FSD until recently. And I'm pretty sure many people have ran those dampers with lowering springs. So if there's not many replies, search for Koni FSD threads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW 323Ci '00, Eibach/Bilstein Pro-kit/B12
BMW 325i '06, M-Sport
steifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
hellspcangel911

Steifan, Thanks for the reply. I was aware of them being FSD and being used with the Pro Kit with fantastic results which led me to order them. Now ECS Tuning is saying the Koni kit only works with stock coils and the Pro Kit only works with stock shocks.......... sounds like BS to me but I was hoping someone else would chime in with their experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
hellspcangel911

bump for help
Old 11-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #5
Max'd out

My Ride: 04 330cic
Year: 2004
Model: 330cic
Transmission: auto
I have the FSD with my original sport coils but I do recall seeing the shocks and struts sold in a kit including the eibach coils. I notice now they have no such kit on ECS or Tire Rack.
There may have been problems or complaints with the combination or the special active shocks are different enough to make them incompatible. Have you checked with either Koni or Eibach to see what they have to say?
Max'd out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #6
hellspcangel911

Eibach gave me the generic "cant guarantee specific fitment" statement but suggested they be used with stock suspension. Gave me the same answer for FSD and Bilstein. No help there.
Koni was better, they said they have had positive response from customers using the combo on several makes and models but cant specifically say if it was a e46, gave a VW as an example. so not much help there either.