04 bmw 325i - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Rodz

04 bmw 325i

Hi everyone I am looking into buy a used 04 bmw 325i on Saturday and I was just wondering what I should look for when I go see the car. The guy told me that the clear coat is coming off and both front passenger and rear passenger window regulators are bad so the windows don't go down. He said it had 150k on the cluster. He said he had parked it because he got another bmw. I had asked if there was any problems with the motor or Transmission because it is a 5 speed and he said he had no problem with the car no overheating. That all it need is a tune up. Can y'all please help me to know what to look for when I go see the car. Thank you.
Rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
Uchiha519

Mango has several good posts about general maintenance and parts to be concerned about on the e46s. I have the same year as yours with 135k in it. Be sure to get synthetic oil and run premium fuel.
Pay for the maintenance or you'll get bit. Expansion tank will probably need to be replaced and if this goes can cause MAJOR problems quickly ( seconds sometimes) take care of it and it will take care of you. Remember these were once $30,000 German engineered vehicles
Uchiha519 is offline   Reply With Quote