E46 330d coolant leak gearbox area - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
andrewonline

Smile E46 330d coolant leak gearbox area

Hi, First post here so thanks in advance for help.
My boss has a 2001 330d tourer with a water leak. I am an ex mechanic, now engineer/ designer. I have removed all covers above and below the car and put on ramps. There is a steady drip coming from the middle of the auto box. It appears to be running from above and traveling around the g-box casing before dripping off. I have looked and felt around the top of the bell housing and all is dry as is the rest of the engine. Could the heater matrix leak down the underside of the transmision tunnel? There is water inside the car on the passenger footwell (car RHD) but that seems to be rain water. (did the taste test lol).
Any ideas?
If it is the matrix, what's it like to do?
andrewonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
ckupcu

My Ride: 330xd Touring (E46)
Hallo Andrew,

I have exactly the same car with same problem (year 2000 model). What was the issue at the end?

Regards, Cengiz
ckupcu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330d, heater, leak, matrix