Biggest MS43 tuning thread ever! Incl software... - Page 391 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #7801
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubG View Post
Hello,

My friend got an ebay ECU ( ews off and few mods on it , including pops ) . Today i tried to read his map , so i can upload my map since he likes my pops better . Everytime i try to save his map using galletto , it connects to the ECU , it reads the map , but it does not save it .

Is it possible that the ECU is encrypted ? Any suggestion in this case ?

Thank you !
I can encrypt it, but then it will only read nonsense which you definately can save. Make shure to save in a location the current user has rights to write in or start it as admin.

No further development on MS4x from me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #7802
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
Okay, I know this is the Ms43 thread but the ms42 one is usually dead.
Iíll delete it if you wish. But I need some help.

So... trying to run MS42 on alpha N. I know for a fact you can run ms43 without a maf.
Ms42 should be able to do the same.
M52tub25.
With maf unplugged, it struggles to start, when it does, it stalls quickly after.

Anyone know what the process is or what can be wrong thatís preventing the car going into maf fail safe mode and using alpha N.

Iím using RomRaider to edit ms42.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Without a real alpha/n code mod you will always get stalling or imperfect engine running. Thats part of the decision BMW took to make you aware thereīs something wrong ;-) However, alpha/n is just a single byte flip on both DMEs.

No further development on MS4x from me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:05 PM   #7803
eurobred

My Ride: e46 330 coupe 5speed
Has anyone figured out how to code out a brake pad sensor dash light?
I came from older cars so manually checking my pads visually isn't a big deal so
it doesn't really bother me. I'm running a full front and rear set of E82 brembo brakes and haven't gotten the chance to get to the wiring to trick the system.
I have the software so why not flash it out? lol.

Also curious on how to code out the airbag light if possible, since I'm running a NRG steering wheel.
eurobred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:05 PM   #7804
eurobred

My Ride: e46 330 coupe 5speed
double post..

Last edited by eurobred; 02-12-2020 at 12:19 AM.
eurobred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #7805
AgusVan

Just guessing, but shouldnt that be on the cluster module? i remember that we could code the temperature gauge to show more realistic values, so maybe we can find the hex string of the brake light check?
AgusVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #7806
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefm5 View Post
ip_tqi_pvs_n_pvs is indexed engine torque

ip_tors is segment depended torsion correction factor when individual cylinder misfire detection is present

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2020, 03:39 AM   #7807
VDubG

My Ride: E46 330CI
Year: 2001
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
I can encrypt it, but then it will only read nonsense which you definately can save. Make shure to save in a location the current user has rights to write in or start it as admin.
Hmm alright , i tried to run it as admin , still saved nothing. I will try MS4xflasher .
Thanks for confirming that it also saves if encrypted .

Kind regards,
G
VDubG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #7808
jarheadp3

My Ride: E46 330Ci
Has anyone experienced their parking sensors not working after flashing the ecu? I've tried to read the pdc module with ncsexpert but no luck, anyone know how to reactivate them?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jarheadp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #7809
VDubG

Hello,

So i am gonna try the Wiki launch control today , however i dont have an issue , on the Wiki page there is Launch RPM Hysteresis , which i suppose it's " c_n_max_hys_max " in my TunerPro , even if it's not showing up in the LC folder .

But i also have Configuration Launch Control and i dont know what the value should be there . Could anyone tell me ?

Ill attach a picture of my tuner pro

Also , i dont want to make two posts , another question : My friends eBay ECU pops even when he changes the gears , it sounds like a turbo now lol , any table i should look at regarding that ?

Good day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	793581  

Last edited by VDubG; 02-13-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:35 AM   #7810
jarheadp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubG View Post
Hello,

So i am gonna try the Wiki launch control today , however i dont have an issue , on the Wiki page there is Launch RPM Hysteresis , which i suppose it's " c_n_max_hys_max " in my TunerPro , even if it's not showing up in the LC folder .

But i also have Configuration Launch Control and i dont know what the value should be there . Could anyone tell me ?

Ill attach a picture of my tuner pro

Also , i dont want to make two posts , another question : My friends eBay ECU pops even when he changes the gears , it sounds like a turbo now lol , any table i should look at regarding that ?

Good day!
On the wiki in the community patch list page it explains the launch control config switch also I think the hysteresis values are taken from the main rpm limiter values, but I also think I saw a post a while back saying launch control hysteresis isn't properly implemented but I'm not 100% on that, and with the pops between gear changes I would assume that is done by going into the main ignition tables and retarding the low load tables

Old 02-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #7811
VDubG

So i tried with the above settings , and it didnt worked . Then i decided to lower the hard limiter for the Neutral gear to 3200 and voila , if i keep the pedal pressed up to 50% the launch is there , if i press more , it goes over the limiter .. Not sure how legit this is , but it works for me lol .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	793599  

Last edited by VDubG; 02-13-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #7812
gcardoso

My Ride: e39
I need some help on cloning my MS43 to one spare.

I did a full reading (512Kb) of my original ECU in bootmode with JMGarageFlasher, then I write in the spare ECU (it was from an X5), make a read again from it to verify if the file was write correctly and it is.

I installed it in the car and I can hear one click of the relay 3 or 4 times on passenger side that's not usual, and the car won't start. I cleaned all the adaptations in INPA, all errors and nothing.
After that, with the original ECU, the car works well. I don't maked any change on file.
gcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #7813
AgusVan

You can test the dme outputs in inpa, just to see if they are working. Maybe its a pin. Did the temp gauge works fine or does it go to red?
Old 02-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #7814
jarheadp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcardoso View Post
I need some help on cloning my MS43 to one spare.

I did a full reading (512Kb) of my original ECU in bootmode with JMGarageFlasher, then I write in the spare ECU (it was from an X5), make a read again from it to verify if the file was write correctly and it is.

I installed it in the car and I can hear one click of the relay 3 or 4 times on passenger side that's not usual, and the car won't start. I cleaned all the adaptations in INPA, all errors and nothing.

After that, with the original ECU, the car works well. I don't maked any change on file.
Did you boot mode flash the spare ecu? Sounds like the immobiliser is preventing it from starting as if the ews delete is not functioning properly, I had the same issue

Old 02-17-2020, 03:41 AM   #7815
gcardoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgusVan View Post
You can test the dme outputs in inpa, just to see if they are working. Maybe its a pin. Did the temp gauge works fine or does it go to red?
I didn't see that point.
but I connect the ECU with the INPA and see the vin number was correct with my car and some other parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
Did you boot mode flash the spare ecu? Sounds like the immobiliser is preventing it from starting as if the ews delete is not functioning properly, I had the same issue

yes, in bootmode.
I want have the EWS working, because that I read the original ECU to try clone it. but will the full read not clone the EWS correctly?

after clean the adaptations i always had the error of TPS adaptations. it's needed do something else?
on stock ecu don't have any error.

Last edited by gcardoso; 02-17-2020 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:58 AM   #7816
jarheadp3

Quote:
I didn't see that point.

but I connect the ECU with the INPA and see the vin number was correct with my car and some other parameters.

yes, in bootmode.

I want have the EWS working, because tha I read the original ECU to try clone it. but will the full read not clone the EWS correctly?

after clean the adaptations i always had the error of TPS adaptations. it's needed do something else?

on stock ecu don't have any error.
Have you tried syncing the ews with inpa? Might be needed as it's a different ecu even if the vin matches up

Old 02-18-2020, 03:33 AM   #7817
gcardoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
Have you tried syncing the ews with inpa? Might be needed as it's a different ecu even if the vin matches up

if I do that i will lose the sync with my stock ECU, because that I make a clone to have a backup.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #7818
jarheadp3

Quote:
if I do that i will lose the sync with my stock ECU, because that I make a clone to have a backup.
Im not sure so maybe someone else can confirm, but it's possible that the ews can only be synced to one ecu at a time, so if you have to use your backup ecu for whatever reason it maybe necessary to resync the ews

Old 02-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #7819
AgusVan

I think you need to resync it every time you change it, except it has the EWS delete file
Old 02-18-2020, 04:12 PM   #7820
gcardoso

I test today and the problem it's the EWS.

D1[209] EWS signal is wrong, EWS code implausible

resync EWS it's only press the button on INPA or I need to virginalize the file?