*Fiber-Design* GTR side skirts group buy. - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #21
2000_328CI

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci bimmer
what do they look like
i hate when people do this... just search on the site... stop asking to be spoon-fed.

also, regarding the clips, i don't think the oem ones even use the oem clips to hold them in place

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| 435 HP 328Ci | RRT Racing | Designer Wraps | Active Autowerke | Vorsteiner | STATUS Racing |
Timeless Motor Group
Old 04-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #22
noBenz

My Ride: 04 325 Ci
Send a message via AIM to noBenz
see hoiw far this goes before I decide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #23
02'topaz

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI
i hate when people do this... just search on the site... stop asking to be spoon-fed.

also, regarding the clips, i don't think the oem ones even use the oem clips to hold them in place
Im sure most ppl know what GTR skirts look like...People typically like to SEE the product before they purchase it. I would like to see pics myself to see how the fitment is. Theres numerous vendors out there selling replica GTR sides, and "searching" wont necessarily return pictures of the ones THEY ARE ACTUALLY SELLING. He has them on his ride as well, but not once has it been mentioned that these are the same ones. That simple statement will save a lot of picture requests as im sure ppl can click his sig and check out the marina photoshoot thread. So I ask again, please show us pics and comment on mounting, I am really interested in these...

1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz (waiting for pics and mounting comments)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #24
derek80

My Ride: is optically clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02'topaz
So I ask again, please show us pics and comment on mounting, I am really interested in these.

please comment on sedan fitments also

1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz (waiting for pics and mounting comments)
6. Melo Breeze (waiting for pics and Sedan mounting comments)
Old 04-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #25
Nuori

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci bimmer
what do they look like
Look in the first post, his sig. That's what they look like.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #26
[email protected]

I already mention about the sedan and coupe. Read it again!

The authentic and replica both have the same bead.... only difference is I won't include the hamann clips, because I just can't get them. Hin (tsang151) knows what I'm talking about. You'll either go find this yourself or glue on the side and uses the clip on the bottom to hold it up.

Don't go expecting everything to be OEM Quality. 1st you need to know that this is a replica. If you are so worry about the fitment. Then go buy the Authentic for 900.

I have the replica on my car. So has many others. SEARCH! I'm happy with it.

For pics, juck click on my sig.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #27
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Hey gents...

Just thiught I'd make a comment with regard to these...

Hung and I made a deal a few weeks ago for a pair of fg replica painted gtr sides. He was selling them for another member, but they may have been the same ones as these.

The sides look great and are of good quality. They do not use the stock clips, unless you can get the ones hung mentioned. I have yet to install them, but I'm very happy with them.

On a side note, I have a facelifted sedan and pictures of the sides i got, along with pictures of sedan fitment are available in the classified section.

This is an AWESOME deal guys...I got mine a few weeks ago for 675.00 shipped...almost wish I would have waited. Great deal hung and good luck with the group buy!!

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Follow me on Instagram:
Old 04-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #28
02'topaz

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I have the replica on my car. So has many others. For pics, juck click on my sig.
Thats all I wanted to hear, thank you...You must understand, in no other shape or form was it stated that these are the same ones which are one your ride. Im sure you would agree that clarifications pre-purchase are always better than post-purchase.

1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz

Old 04-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #29
derek80

My Ride: is optically clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02'topaz
Thats all I wanted to hear, thank you...You must understand, in no other shape or form was it stated that these are the same ones which are one your ride. Im sure you would agree that clarifications pre-purchase are always better than post-purchase.

1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
6. Melo Breeze
Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #30
SeattleBlackM3

can i get thoughts on the CF weave, Hung? I've got a jet black m3. Let me know your take -- better yet if I could see a picture.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #31
ModdedMouse

My Ride: AUDI A4 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to ModdedMouse
Could we get better pricing on the paint if we all get them painted?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #32
Fiber-Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedMouse
Could we get better pricing on the paint if we all get them painted?

Sorry I can't do any better on paint. Unless you want to some cheap paint.. sure.

but paint and labor already add up fast.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #33
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
I'm currious if you glue the sideskirts on with betalink and then later on remove the sideskirts will the paint on the stock sideskirts be damaged because of the glue? Is it possible to completely remove the glue off the sideskirt?

Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #34
shimajer

My Ride: 04 bmw
FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer

Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #35
noBenz

My Ride: 04 325 Ci
Send a message via AIM to noBenz
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
I'm currious if you glue the sideskirts on with betalink and then later on remove the sideskirts will the paint on the stock sideskirts be damaged because of the glue? Is it possible to completely remove the glue off the sideskirt?
Most likely not Russ. When I had my riegers glued on and after I broke one hydroplaning, I tried to remove them to just have my origianl underneath. but the glue used made a horrible mess of the oem sideskirts.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #36
russ330
Mod Squad

^That's what I was afraid of. I'd hate to get the GTR skirts and then revert my car back to stock. I wouldn't be able to get a pair of used OEM skirts in Carbon black either. Then again if I got a pair of OEM skirts in whatever color and then attached the GTR skirts to them I'd almost be good to go, but I'm kinda short on space so storing a pair of sideskirts would be a bit of a hassle...

*Sigh* Decissions, decissions.

Old 04-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #37
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
^That's what I was afraid of. I'd hate to get the GTR skirts and then revert my car back to stock. I wouldn't be able to get a pair of used OEM skirts in Carbon black either. Then again if I got a pair of OEM skirts in whatever color and then attached the GTR skirts to them I'd almost be good to go, but I'm kinda short on space so storing a pair of sideskirts would be a bit of a hassle...

*Sigh* Decissions, decissions.
You can customize the OEM clips to mount the GTR sides to the body. It took me about 7 hours to get both sides mounted. It is not an easy task, but if you are anal you will do anything. I am talking about the OEM clips on the inside cuff of the GTR sides, not on the underside of the car.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:28 AM   #38
er1c

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via AIM to er1c
Come on guys... all we need is 3 more people for FB!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #39
russ330
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAed330
You can customize the OEM clips to mount the GTR sides to the body. It took me about 7 hours to get both sides mounted. It is not an easy task, but if you are anal you will do anything. I am talking about the OEM clips on the inside cuff of the GTR sides, not on the underside of the car.
7 Hours?!?!

I do like that idea, but I have no idea what I'd be doing so... I dunno.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #40
03 Dinan 3

My Ride: VW GTI
ya..i dont really understand why you can't provide us with some sort of clips that you or another company can manufacture so that these fit with ease...

I'd buy them if they were ready to fit like any other sideskirt...i'd be willing to pay a little more for clips...

Closed Thread