dinan bashers - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
D Power

dinan bashers

why does everyone bash dinan owners?
D Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
TitanSilber ZHP

My Ride: 08 E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to TitanSilber ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to TitanSilber ZHP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS: Camera Mount:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TitanSilber ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
D Power

search !

i guess i could search if i had some time, but 6:00 comes early thesedays. but i am curious because i can't even get a reply to any of my posts. i'm pretty sure it is because of my user name. just curious what the problem is?

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #4
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.

My Ride: W203 dumped on 20's
Send a message via AIM to m3on20z
https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=Dinan

m3on20z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
D Power

i read the threads

well i guess since reading the messages that most of you will think i'm an idiot for having my Dinan upgrades but i love them.
I'm pretty new to the forums but have posted some threads. Just so you know my mods areinan CAI
Dinan throttle body
Dinan cumputer upgrade
Dinan strut brace
Dinan carbon fiber engine covers
Dinan exhaust
other mods waiting in basement (uuclightweight flywheel and m-5 conversion, uuc pulleys uuc evo 3, and uuc stage 3 suspension)

lets all get together soon
Old 02-15-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
S2Krazy
A Flammable Plumber

My Ride: ****ED UP CL
Send a message via AIM to S2Krazy Send a message via MSN to S2Krazy
damn thats a nice list of mods but can i ask u a question ? how many cans of asslube did it take you?
S2Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #7
D Power

why would you go their

i knoe i paid top dollar. everything was installed at motorwerks west . i guess i wanted the best and noe i know i have the best. I work hard for my money and my car is my hobby. just like you im sure. so don't go bashen me for my mods just because their dinan
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
bimmerman330zhp

From what I hear on this board dinan is overpriced and underpowered.
bimmerman330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Power
i knoe i paid top dollar. everything was installed at motorwerks west . i guess i wanted the best and noe i know i have the best. I work hard for my money and my car is my hobby. just like you im sure. so don't go bashen me for my mods just because their dinan
But the thing is, you DON'T have the best. There are far more superior products than Dinan's for alot less than what Dinan is charging.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
D Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3on20z
But the thing is, you DON'T have the best. There are far more superior products than Dinan's for alot less than what Dinan is charging.
well i guess that is your opinion. but tell me why dinan is the only tuner that BMW will honor under warrenty?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:34 PM   #11
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.

That doesn't mean anything, and BMW doesn't warrant Dinan products, Dinan has there own warranty, much like any other manufacturer.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #12
D Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3on20z
That doesn't mean anything, and BMW doesn't warrant Dinan products, Dinan has there own warranty, much like any other manufacturer.
your right they don't warrant dinan but they also will accept more dinan mods than any other tuner.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #13
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.

I'll give you that.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
i love my dinan stuff

Dinan e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
D Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan e36
i love my dinan stuff
everyone has their own tuner they like for me it was Dinan. we all know they aren't the cheapest but personally i really enjoy my car. i don't think i could have done better.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #16
Will ZCPM3

My Ride: ///M3
there are lots of options out there. and to be honest for the types of products dinan sell there are worse, equal and better. but the gain for all that stuff is minimal.

your talking about a 1 to 4 horse power difference when looking at intakes, and all software really does is lift the rev limit and top speed limiter maybe add a few horse. altho i can garuantee that there is better exhausts and strut bars. i mean the m3 oem bar is better then most b/c its not hinged.

Will ZCPM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:26 PM   #17
Unveiled

Quote:
well i guess that is your opinion. but tell me why dinan is the only tuner that BMW will honor under warrenty?
Proven HP figures are not opinion, they are fact. Other products work better than Dinan!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:18 AM   #18
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Having owned a Dinan S1 E36 328, I am not impressed with their stuff for the e46. Similar or better products are available for the smae or less money.

As for the warranty issue. The got their foot in with BMW North America (Dinan isn't warranted in Europe or Asia, for example.) Also, given the recent SEMA legislation over the last 2 years, The whole concept of warranty and aftermarket parts from the dealers standpoint is mute. The dealer has the burden of proof that the aftermarket part caused the problem. And most reputable mfgs will warranty their own parts.

So the Dinan / BMW NA warranty thang is not a big deal any more.

Just my 1/50th of a buck.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #19
S4izzle

Quote:

no it's not. Kelleners Sport owns it's own BMW dealership. www.kellenersusa.com
S4izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:32 AM   #20
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will ZCPM3
there are lots of options out there. and to be honest for the types of products dinan sell there are worse, equal and better. but the gain for all that stuff is minimal.

your talking about a 1 to 4 horse power difference when looking at intakes, and all software really does is lift the rev limit and top speed limiter maybe add a few horse. altho i can garuantee that there is better exhausts and strut bars. i mean the m3 oem bar is better then most b/c its not hinged.
Damn seriously? Is that for E46's? Cause on their site It stated that mine pushed 14 more hp and I got an E36 ///M. Maybe the OBD1 just responds better?

Quote:
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote