*** MyBimmer.net Alpine TME-M740BT Bezel PreOrder... $200 w/ FREE SHIPPING - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #61
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppa79 View Post
Rich, I'm curious about the IR remote extender.

I thought everything could be controlled through the touch screen. Are there some functions that can only be accessed through remote?
99.9% can be done via the touchscreen. Some things like entering an address in the NAV are faster with the touchscreen but easier to use remote while driving. I prefer to use the remote while driving cause I don't have to take my eyes off the road as much.

Rich
SrCsTc@MyBimmer.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #62
cullyboiracin

My Ride: is TopAzTacUlar
i just bought the tme-m740bt...as soon as i get my next paycheck ur the next part of my master project...will it still be availiable for 200 w/free shipping in about 2 weeks?...i give you tons of pics...PRomiSe...lol
-Jon
cullyboiracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #63
cullyboiracin

My Ride: is TopAzTacUlar
ohhh and not to go off topic but i jus bought a 1/2 din dvd player that jensen makes and im gona try to get it molded into area near the DSC button...just curious wut u think...im workin with a crappy budget...i also heard that the vehicle hub pro controls alpines portable navigation. the blackbird...and i was wondering if its a full integraton...basically like having a navigation unit without the expense of one...thanks in advance cant wait till i have my setup...
-Jon
cullyboiracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #64
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullyboiracin View Post
ohhh and not to go off topic but i jus bought a 1/2 din dvd player that jensen makes and im gona try to get it molded into area near the DSC button...just curious wut u think...im workin with a crappy budget...i also heard that the vehicle hub pro controls alpines portable navigation. the blackbird...and i was wondering if its a full integraton...basically like having a navigation unit without the expense of one...thanks in advance cant wait till i have my setup...
-Jon

You might not have enough depth for a drive in that spot. A member on the mp3car forum (gork) mounted a laptop drive on the sunroof switch panel. Maybe that would be easier. You can get oem headliner from veteranpro.com.

Rich
Old 05-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #65
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullyboiracin View Post
i just bought the tme-m740bt...as soon as i get my next paycheck ur the next part of my master project...will it still be availiable for 200 w/free shipping in about 2 weeks?...i give you tons of pics...PRomiSe...lol
-Jon
https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6049049
Old 04-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #66
mit

My Ride: 00 325Ci Convertible
This might sound like a silly question, but does anyone know of a bezel that keeps the angle of the screen consistent with the angle of the dashboard?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #67
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit View Post
This might sound like a silly question, but does anyone know of a bezel that keeps the angle of the screen consistent with the angle of the dashboard?
You don't want it angled that much. You'll just get a ton of glare from sunlight that way.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #68
mit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You don't want it angled that much. You'll just get a ton of glare from sunlight that way.
Yeah I was a little concerned about that, especially as I have a convertible...

So if I order this bezel, does anyone else know what else I will need? I am just fed up looking for a decent ipod adapter for my OEM head unit, and this setup seems to be the most 'OEM-looking' alternative I've found so far.

What I'm after is bluetooth and ipod in one unit, and sat-nav if possible.

Is there a thread with a list of parts I need to order in addition to the bezel? (Sorry I haven't done a search yet - will do that after I click post and then edit this one if necessary)
Old 04-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #69
[email protected]

Quote:
Yeah I was a little concerned about that, especially as I have a convertible...

So if I order this bezel, does anyone else know what else I will need? I am just fed up looking for a decent ipod adapter for my OEM head unit, and this setup seems to be the most 'OEM-looking' alternative I've found so far.

What I'm after is bluetooth and ipod in one unit, and sat-nav if possible.

Is there a thread with a list of parts I need to order in addition to the bezel? (Sorry I haven't done a search yet - will do that after I click post and then edit this one if necessary)
  1. Alpine TME-M740BT (required) 7" Touch Screen Monitor
  2. Alpine VPA-B222 (required) Vehicle Hub Pro AM/FM Audio/Video Control System. HD Radio Ready, SAT Radio Ready, Full Speed™ Connection for iPod®, CD Changer Control.
  3. Alpine DVA-5210/DVE-5207 DVD Player
  4. Alpine NVE-N872A DVD Navigation System
  5. Alpine KCE-422i iPod® Full-Speed Cable
  6. Alpine TUA-T500HD HD Radio Tuner
  7. Alpine KCA-300BT Bluetooth Interface Module (not needed if you get the TME-M740BT)
  8. Alpine KCA-620M USB Adapter for MP3
  9. Alpine CHA-S634 6 Disk CD/MP3 Changer
  10. SIR-ALP1 SiriusConnect for Alpine

You need 1 and 2. Everything else is optional.

Rich
Old 04-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #70
[email protected]

I have a used Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player and a slightly used Alpine VPA-B222 for sale.

Rich
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #71
mit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
  1. Alpine TME-M740BT (required) 7" Touch Screen Monitor
  2. Alpine VPA-B222 (required) Vehicle Hub Pro AM/FM Audio/Video Control System. HD Radio Ready, SAT Radio Ready, Full Speed***8482; Connection for iPod®, CD Changer Control.
  3. Alpine DVA-5210/DVE-5207 DVD Player
  4. Alpine NVE-N872A DVD Navigation System
  5. Alpine KCE-422i iPod® Full-Speed Cable
  6. Alpine TUA-T500HD HD Radio Tuner
  7. Alpine KCA-300BT Bluetooth Interface Module (not needed if you get the TME-M740BT)
  8. Alpine KCA-620M USB Adapter for MP3
  9. Alpine CHA-S634 6 Disk CD/MP3 Changer
  10. SIR-ALP1 SiriusConnect for Alpine

You need 1 and 2. Everything else is optional.

Rich
Thanks Rich - I just ordered the bezel via group buy but forgot to give instructions on the paypal! I'm the one who just paid and is shipping to the UK
Also I seem to be having trouble sourcing a TME-M740BT in the UK (though there are plenty of people selling the TME-M770S). Is it the same bezel for both or do you have to know beforehand?

Also, any plans to make a bezel for the TME-M860 (if it will even fit)?

Thanks

Last edited by mit; 05-05-2008 at 06:28 AM.
mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #72
[email protected]

Quote:
Thanks Rich - I just ordered the bezel via group buy but forgot to give instructions on the paypal! I'm the one who just paid and is shipping to the UK
Also I seem to be having trouble sourcing a TME-M740BT in the UK (though there are plenty of people selling the TME-M770S). Is it the same bezel for both or do you have to know beforehand?

Also, any plans to make a bezel for the TME-M860 (if it will even fit)?

Thanks

I make a bezel for both the TME-M740BT and TME-M770S. I would make one for the 8" but they don't sell that one here in the US.

Rich
Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 AM   #73
mit

Oh my... I need some serious help with this.

So I ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my setup:

Rich's bezel
TME-740BT
Vehicle Hub
Navigation
Ipod Full-speed cable
DVD Changer
Audison amplifier
BSW Subwoofer and speaker upgrade kits

I left it with a professional fitter over the weekend to have it all put in and he's totally messed up my car. He's broken my wooden dash panels and chipped my gear lever surround. There's a screwdriver mark on my door trim and there's black goo all around the subwoofer enclosure. He mounted the amplifier across the back of the subwoofer even though I told him the subwoofer uses the trunk for the enclosure, and he glued things.

The screen suddenly turned off last night and while trying to press the buttons on the remote to get it to turn on again, it got stuck on his CD that he left in my changer.

Did I mention that there is a wheezing/whirring noise coming from my speakers even with the system turned off?

Oh and he couldn't fit the ipod cable because apparently there was nowhere for it to go?

And my airbag light is on. I am really really really unhappy.

So I need your help guys! I'm going to have to take all of this apart myself and do it from scratch, but now I have to assume I don't even have all the right cables and mounting brackets.

Can someone answer these questions:

1. How do I turn the screen back on? I have pressed every button on the remote but no luck. Am I going to have to completely remove it and press the power button? If so, will I have to do this every time? It seems like a huge oversight on Rich's part if this is the case?
2. Do I need an extra mounting plate for the bezel? When he took out the plastic mount that my old head unit (single din) was mounted on, there was nothing to screw Rich's bezel onto. Does someone have a BMW part number for this, or know where to get it?
3. Where did you guys mount your GPS receivers for the navigation?
4. Can the install be done without the remote for the vehicle hub? (i.e. Using the PAC SWI-JACK and steering buttons only)? I have lost my eurotray because he didn't call me to ask where to mount the remote, and I need it back to put my sunglasses in.
5. How do you get the bluetooth on the screen to mute the sound when you try to make a call? I paired up my phone (when the screen was working) but it carried on playing music when I started to make a call.
6. Is there a way to have navigation on and still be playing music?
7. Am I experiencing all these issues because the fitter has made a huge mistake somewhere??

Right now driving my BMW makes me angry every time I even see the car. It's just costing me more and more money to fix things that useless 'professionals' mess up