Moving to Seattle in coming Months - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AK HI ID OR WA

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #21
vaas

My Ride: 2001 330 Cic
Actually, I'm in Bellevue.....
vaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:55 AM   #22
FenderGuy05

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Thank you everyone for your input on the matter. Haven't been on the forums in quite some time, but been in Seattle for three and a half months now and loving it.

Moved into Belltown and work downtown so my commute is a walk, so my e46 sits quitely for most of it's life lately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FenderGuy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to be making a move out of California for the first time in my life and was just curious if anyone else had moved to Seattle and what their experiences were. I'm excited because I'll be able to live downtown for the same price I pay to live in a suburb of San Francisco, and when we visited in September I fell in love with the surrounding areas. Just looking for some input, and am pretty bored at work on a Friday.

The weather is terrible year round.

Lol welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #24
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
I've heard that the northwest crowd is a little put off by outsiders. I'll be sure to keep the fact that I'm from Cali out of conversations, haha. I am looking forward to the rain, and from what I've read it is nothing like it is given credit for. It's more of a constant drizzle, which is similar to the summer time I have here in Daly City, we get tons of very dense fog all summer. As long as there is a nice summer, that's a huge plus. I look forward to not having to drive as much as I do now, if ever that often. We actually visited both Vancouver and Portland on our NW roadtrip and loved how close they all were to each other.

Vancouver is nice too, real easy to drive accross to Portland to make a big purchase to avoid the sales tax. I have a friend who just moved there for that exact reason, haha.

I guess it's called the Seattle freeze. People act fake and never follow up with you. So it's tough for those not from the area to make friends.

zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #25
german2000

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
The other major plus, as an e46 fanatic, is I found a location (in Kent I believe) that allows you to rent bays for car works with lifts in them.
Where's this place at? Oh and very good choice with Seattle, we have tons of pride for our city here!!!
german2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #26
seattle330

My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
I guess it's called the Seattle freeze. People act fake and never follow up with you. So it's tough for those not from the area to make friends.
It's quite easy, just find the other Californians who also think the passive-aggressive nonsense is childish. Almost none of my buddies here are "natives," however one defines that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by german2000 View Post
Where's this place at? Oh and very good choice with Seattle, we have tons of pride for our city here!!!
If you're in Belltown and need space to do car work projects, let me know, I'm up the hill in the CD. I'll be doing plugs and carbon de-griming soon.
seattle330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #27
XPGLD

My Ride: 05' 330i, 75' C20
Welcome to the area, i'm an hour and a half north of Seattle but hope to see you at some events!
XPGLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #28
seattle330

My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPGLD View Post
Welcome to the area, i'm an hour and a half north of Seattle but hope to see you at some events!
Bellingham?
seattle330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #29
XPGLD

My Ride: 05' 330i, 75' C20
La Conner actually. West of Burlington by about 20 minutes.
XPGLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #30
glwillia

My Ride: 2002 530i
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your input on the matter. Haven't been on the forums in quite some time, but been in Seattle for three and a half months now and loving it.

Moved into Belltown and work downtown so my commute is a walk, so my e46 sits quitely for most of it's life lately.
Sounds like exactly my situation. Live a couple blocks from the Space Needle, work at 1st and Spring, the E46 sits 6 days a week.

Welcome to Seattle! How are you liking it so far?
glwillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:01 PM   #31
DiLioPi

My Ride: 2000 E46 328i
Send a message via MSN to DiLioPi Send a message via Yahoo to DiLioPi
Yeah... Mine been sitting pretty in the garage since I moved up to Seattle. Plus, got a family hauler now that I drive on weekends. Last year only put in about 1k miles. This year, still under 1k as of today.
DiLioPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #32
FenderGuy05

Loving the move still! Love all of the things there are to do in WA and I feel like a majority of people up this way are a little more self sufficient than Californian, lol. I think in the past year I've put about 3000 miles on the e46, mostly highway miles to Portland, or the islands etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwillia View Post
Sounds like exactly my situation. Live a couple blocks from the Space Needle, work at 1st and Spring, the E46 sits 6 days a week.

Welcome to Seattle! How are you liking it so far?
That sounds very similar, I live around 4th and Vine and work on 4th and Pike!

Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #33
underwood1988

I want to ask you, like the person, who did the moving - what will you chose the moving by yourself or moving using services?
underwood1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #34
FenderGuy05

Logged on for the first time in a while to see this was still at the top of the PNW sub forum. When we move we packed all of our stuff into a truck and drove it up I5 from SF area to Seattle. Took a solid 15 hours, but when I was doing research on pricing it was the best option. If I were to do it again, i would have tried to sell most of my stuff prior to moving and probably hired a service. We had just bought a bunch of new furniture since we had no intention of leaving CA, so that option wasn't in our minds at the time.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #35
FenderGuy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle330 View Post
It's quite easy, just find the other Californians who also think the passive-aggressive nonsense is childish. Almost none of my buddies here are "natives," however one defines that.

If you're in Belltown and need space to do car work projects, let me know, I'm up the hill in the CD. I'll be doing plugs and carbon de-griming soon.
Additionally, I don't recall seeing this. I'm looking at doing some additional work on the car now that it's sat around a majority of the last five years and may be interested in some space. I did luck out and find Stew's Garage in Kirkland that allows you to rent a bay with a lift and tools which reignited the DIY in me.