New pads and rotors needed, upgrade to BBK? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 AM   #1
emmm_three

My Ride: ML350/325i/330ci
New pads and rotors needed, upgrade to BBK?

Hi guys I track my car about 3-4 times per year, I need to replace my pads but wanted to know if upgrading to a BBK is worth it or just stick with stock?

I've always wanted a BBK but mainly because they look cool, but is the extra money worth it for Brembos or another BBK for the track?

If they are, are Brembos recommended or willwoods or anything else?

Thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emmm_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
armenh7

My Ride: 2002 325i
The purpose of a BBK is to allow for better cooling. If you don't go to the track much, stock rotors but an aggressive pad material would do fine. On my car, I have stoptech street performance pads that bite super hard when they're hot

PA Soft
Driver:

Program:
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
The BBKs really show their benefits in long stress situations. If you dont track too often Id definitely stick with stock hardware and invest in a separate set of track only pads that you switch before hand. Theyll be noisy, but you'll be plenty happy on track

Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Last edited by CarbonZHP; 09-22-2019 at 03:48 PM.
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #4
emmm_three

What is 3-4 track session per year considered?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Old 09-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #5
mlytle

My Ride: 8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
light use....

just get real track brake pads and you will be fine. put the money for a bbk against more track days, not hardware.
mlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
emmm_three

Ended up getting cool carbon pads and Zimmermann rotors. I have a track day next week and will report back next week

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk