My 2 Car Garage Makeover - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Home Improvement

Home Improvement
Home Improvement ideas, help, DIYs, and show room. Got a home improvement project you need help with or want to share. Post your project now!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #21
slo323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
Really nice job! With the walls all done, how are you going to add under cabinet lighting? Or will you have to cut some of the drywall?

No workbench? I'm still in the design process of how much work bench/storage area I want.
slo323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #22
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: ..
You know I was just at Lowe's looking at their selection of under cabinet lighting. They had a few different options to get my thought process started. I'll probably just do a nice led plug in light for the underside. I do want to add some more electrical outlets. Some of which will be in the corners of the ceilings when I add wall mount fans I want to get.

The top of the tool box and floor cabinet provide me enough space for now to work. I'll probably keep an eye out for gladiators work table that fits over the two floor cabinets on Craigslist or a good sale and maybe one day I'll pick it up. But for now it's not in my budget to get.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #23
Gatriel

My Ride: IS 250
You have no idea how jealous I am. All you need is a lift in one of those spots -- seriously.

So jealous.
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #24
slo323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
You know I was just at Lowe's looking at their selection of under cabinet lighting. They had a few different options to get my thought process started. I'll probably just do a nice led plug in light for the underside. I do want to add some more electrical outlets. Some of which will be in the corners of the ceilings when I add wall mount fans I want to get.

The top of the tool box and floor cabinet provide me enough space for now to work. I'll probably keep an eye out for gladiators work table that fits over the two floor cabinets on Craigslist or a good sale and maybe one day I'll pick it up. But for now it's not in my budget to get.
Can't wait to see the end result with the lights. I've seen the gladiator workbench go on sale for pretty cheap, or even sears version too.

Anything you would have done differently now that you're just about completed?
slo323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #25
budman
-not a mod-

For what I was looking to accomplish, I think I have met everything I wanted and more. Whatever else I can do will just make it better. It didnt help searching through the garage journal forum and seeing all the badass garages over there. Gave me alot of great ideas. Unfortunately its only a 2 car and my space was limited, so I feel I made the best of what I had to work with.

I might have triple checked the stripe as it may not be perfectly level in spots due to the differences in floor heights and everything when I measured it. That's about it.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
DreaM3r

My Ride: e46 M3
Year: 02
Model: e46
Transmission: stick
I really like it. The paint combo looks great, floors too! Well done.
DreaM3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #27
BimmItUp

My Ride: 01' 330i
Nicely done! 2 questions....
1) Which epoxy did you use on the floors?
2) How did you prep the floors? Etch? Grind?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #28
budman
-not a mod-

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...1870/100671422

I purchased this kit. It has the etch included, so that is what I used. My floor wasnt terrible to to start with, so it wasnt that bad of a cleaning process. After cleaning out the garage, I swept the floors out good, took my blower to it and blew anything out. Then rinsed the floors down good, squeegied it and let it dry, did this twice. The I did the etch process, with a few more rinse/dry cycles. I used floor fans to help the drying process and let it dry over night the night before I starting the paint process.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #29
RedefinedM3

My Ride: '93 332i
Send a message via AIM to RedefinedM3 Send a message via MSN to RedefinedM3
Nice! Surprised how 2 cars fit with the storage on the side! Don't think there would be room in my garage for that

**Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs**
RedefinedM3 is offline   Reply With Quote