Bad Ass Wagon - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #21
T-MC-G

My Ride: Range Rover Evoque
Super nice ride! Looks like the BMW version of a Jon Olsson built Audi!

Tell me what you don't like about yourself...
T-MC-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:35 PM   #22
ucsbwsr

My Ride: 535xi E61 Touring
Thanks to all who replied, I always appreciate the input and appreciation even if I don't directly respond to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire730 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the E60 bodystyle but I am a huge wagon fan. And you sir have done a phenomenal job of modding your wagon.
Thanks, I actually think the stock E6X is a fairly ugly ducking in the BMW range, coming an E39 M5 I found the design to be fairly polarizing. However the E60 M5s are improved over the non-M variants but it really takes some aggressive wheels and fitment to complete the E60 transformation. I feel the E6X styling comes into it's own with aggressive mods and a wider stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPGLD View Post
Who door dinged you?! That's criminal!

Great looking wagon though, I really like the modifications.
Ha, my mountain bike did, it feel out of the rack while I was unloading the car once, human error and 100% my fault. My mountain bike actually left a good 4-5 gouges in the paint on that door but it comes with the territory of having such a functional vehicle that can be used for so many activities.

Thanks for the kind words, I am happy with how it is modded (better be) I feel the mods compliment each other and create a fairly cohesive package. Although I could go for an air system (for snow) and a 3rd pedal....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MC-G View Post
Super nice ride! Looks like the BMW version of a Jon Olsson built Audi!
Possibly before he added the crazy aero and dtm-style widebody kit. I preferred the more "conservative" state his RS6 was in when it simply had a camo wrap and a fancy diffuser. There isn't much that needs to be done to an RS6A in my opinion. But the fact that you my wagon reminds you of such a beast is a compliment, so thanks!

Evan
- Hexon RR550 Turbos, Custom Inlets, AR DPs, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial Q, Custom Exhaust
- BMS JB4, SAT Flash, Stg 2 LPFP + TBI, RB PCV, BMS OCC
- Custom Headlights, Custom Tail Lights, Custom Rigid LED Reverse Light
ucsbwsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:24 AM   #23
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: ..
Damn.. I better not show to this to my wife.. she will want, and my wallet will suffer
Old 06-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #24
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Car looks great, just not a fan of the tread lettering
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #25
ucsbwsr

The wagon is out of commission while a blown KW coilover is repaired so I took the opportunity to continue working on the stereo install. There are a couple projects that are currently in the works:

- KW repair
- Stereo Install
- M5 SMG paddle retrofit
- Throttle Body Injection Kit
- Vinyl Wrapped Interior Trim
- Turbo Inlet V2

I didn't want to upgrade the stereo but the stock HiFi system is pretty poor, the upgraded and much more powerful L7 may be standard on the M5s, not sure. My goal was to create a budget system with clean/easy/reversible integration and with no impact on the cargo area. Although I am a bass head at heart and had 2 12"s in my previous E39 M5, I wasn't about to add a subwoofer enclosure in the rear that would impede the wagon's functionality.

Stock HiFi system includes 4 mids, 4 tweeters, 2 8" subs under the front seats, and not much power.

Evan

Here are the components

JBL MS8 Processor to power mids/highs and handle processing, JBL MS-A5001 to power the subs, and a wireless bass controller.

BSW Stage 1 speakers plus an Image Dynamics CTX-4 for the center channel.

In lemming-like fashion I went with the Earthquake SWS8xi subs, here pictured with the appropriate spacers and some poly fill.

Purchased the full Hi-Fi harness from Technic, money well spent.

Sound deadening.

A previous project was to replace the interior carpet, while doing so I took the opportunity to install the subwoofers and run the wiring.

Zip-tied to the oem wiring loom

General layout of how things will be in the rear, I decided to ditch my spare.

Soldering

Even though HiFi systems do not use any center channel the dash is still spec'd to accommodate one, all you need to do is drop in a speaker and wire it up.

Before

During

After
- Hexon RR550 Turbos, Custom Inlets, AR DPs, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial Q, Custom Exhaust
Old 06-18-2015, 12:51 AM   #26
ucsbwsr

I was a little frustrated with my inability to control the 6AT so I decided to retrofit a SMG steering wheel. Motiv Mods supplied the wiring harness and I sourced a wheel from a 2010 M6 with only 30k.

The wheel was a bit of a gamble as it was from a low mileage car but showed signs or neglect as the wheel presumably sat for a bit exposed in a wrecking yard. I rolled the dice and purchased the wheel hoping it could add some new life to the wheel. The wheel cleaned up nicely but there are a few scuffs and dents which surprisingly don't bother me when I drive; I don't feel them and seldom notice the visual flaws, they are more apparent in photos than real life IMO.

The paddle retrofit really makes the transmission bearable and it is always a pleasure to hold a M-steering wheel, I love their oval wheel shape, thumb rests, tri-colored stitching, and soft leather. Both of my previous "normal" and "sport" wheels feel crude in comparison. I know this may be due to the fact that they are heated but the difference is so substantial that I am happy to sacrificing the heat for the refined M-wheel.

Evan

M6 wheel when I received it.

Original condition

Old wheel vs new

Before

After

Love me some Tri-color stitching...

Installed

SMG paddles illuminate.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #27
ucsbwsr

Plasti Dip was a nice option for covering my decorative interior trim but it was time to switch back over to a vinyl wrap. 3M 1080 "Brushed Aluminum" was the obvious choice for my interior as it would match the other aluminum bits I have like the pedals and e-brake handle.

The color of the Plasti Dip "True Metallic Aluminum" and 3M "Brushed Aluminum" are extremely similar but the brushed look of the vinyl really offers the look I was going for. Oem aluminum trim goes for an arm and a leg, even 2nd hand, so this vinyl was a great value.

Evan

Removing the Plasti Dip, always fun.

The differences are subtle but here is the Plasti Dip before.

...and after with the vinyl

Thats a wrap

Although the vinyl is an accommodating product, some areas of the trim were still challenging to cover.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #28
Jonathan @ BimmerWorld
Sponsor

My Ride: M3/LMR-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbwsr View Post

New Booty
Very nice!

Jonathan
BimmerWorld
Race Proven Performance
www.bimmerworld.com
www.bimmerworldracing.com
Jonathan @ BimmerWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #29
Superpoo

My Ride: 325i Wagon
Wagon looks killer!!!! Are you not worried about rolling the sidewall and busting a bead with the tires stretched like that? Looks awesome though, great work!!

Garry

2001 BMW 325i Wagon
1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra
Superpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #30
ucsbwsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpoo View Post
Wagon looks killer!!!! Are you not worried about rolling the sidewall and busting a bead with the tires stretched like that? Looks awesome though, great work!!

Garry
Nope, the setup has served me well for it's intended use and from what I gather seeing similar setups, I have no reason to believe it won't continue to do so.

Evan
Old 06-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #31
ucsbwsr

I built a revised inlet system, here are the changes made:

- Y-pipe shifted forward (longer rear elbow pipe and shorter front elbow)
- T-bolt clamps replaced with high quality worm-drive
- All aluminum pipes have been alleviated of their ribs/humps at either end to improve flow
- More Aluminum, Less Silicone
- Filter to Y-pipe elbow removed, design simplified and made more compact
- 3" ID Velocity Stack and matching Filter

Evan

This was the original V1

V2

Old 03-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #32
Scuddyholly

My Ride: 2001 325xi Touring
damn what a beauty, how's this wagon doing?

quick question, I have an e46 touring and was wondering where you got the wiper delete, I can't find one that looks like that anywhere - is it from another vehicle?

thanks
Scuddyholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:14 AM   #33
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
Nice family car
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #34
tbouchard991

My Ride: E46 323i Touring
Year: 2000
Transmission: Automatic
Where did you get the cap for the rear wiper delete?
tbouchard991 is offline   Reply With Quote