Lolita Express? WTF... - Page 17 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #321
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Probably some form of Stockholm syndrome.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #322
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
They were underage you dumb fuck.
Correct. Not sure why this is so hard for some people.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:10 AM   #323
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post

My point is that nothing happens in a vacuum. Where were the parents? They didnít have suspicions of their daughters jetting off to a tropical island with some random guy? Children who suddenly had thousands of dollars to spend? Who met a bona fide Prince and what they didnít tell anyone? Or who met The President and they kept it quiet?

Parents who donít care where their kids go as long as they come back with money... I have to think they cared more than that.

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:21 AM   #324
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post

Is the bunk bed affixed to the floor? If not, wouldn't it tip over as soon as his weight transferred to the sheet?

Engineers, do your thing!

Probably firmly i bedded in floor, wall, or both. I can just see a moveable bed becoming a weapon during prison riots or fights.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:25 AM   #325
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
My point is that nothing happens in a vacuum. Where were the parents? They didn't have suspicions of their daughters jetting off to a tropical island with some random guy? Children who suddenly had thousands of dollars to spend? Who met a bona fide Prince and what they didn't tell anyone? Or who met The President and they kept it quiet?

Parents who don't care where their kids go as long as they come back with money... I have to think they cared more than that.
Lack of good parents is perhaps an element of how these girls were snared by Epstein but it is not an excuse for what Epstein did. Nor does the fact that he maybe paid the girls make them responsible for what they did.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make, other than trying to blame the girls or their shitty parents.

Last edited by Cabrio330; 08-17-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #326
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:

Partly to do with our culture. We are constantly being told that girls as 12 and 13, are able to make decisions to have abortions without their parentsí knowledge or consent. It is a short leap for a perv to assume that 14 or 15 is not big deal to engage in sex.

Epstein implied that in Europe things were different and we are just parochial in our thinking. Why do people with demented ideas seem to think Europe is so much more enlightened?
Old 08-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #327
swordsman11868

Quote:
Lack of good parents is perhaps an element of how these girls were snared by Epstein but it is not an excuse for what Epstein did. Nor does the fact that he maybe paid the girls make them responsible for what they did.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make, other than trying to blame the girls or their shitty parents.

Iím trying to understand how he was able to get away with this for literally years and hundreds(!) of girls.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:42 AM   #328
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Iím trying to understand how he was able to get away with this for literally years and hundreds(!) of girls.
The same way sex traffickers have been getting away with it for hundreds of years.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #329
Cabrio330

Quote:
I'm trying to understand how he was able to get away with this for literally years and hundreds(!) of girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
The same way sex traffickers have been getting away with it for hundreds of years.
Shaban is right, this is nothing new. I think what swordsman is struggling with is believing it can and does happen, because most of us have "normal" lives and don't experience these situations.

I too am shocked at stuff like this because it seems implausible. But the plausibility was driven home for me when I watched my incredibly bright, incredibly strong and incredibly independent daughter tolerate an abusive (emotionally, not physically) boyfriend for weeks before she finally saw the light. I honestly think her mother and I (married almost 33 years now) have an exemplary relationship and family life. Go figure.

And swordy, if you're being honest above, you should recognize that your post #319 is offensive.

Last edited by Cabrio330; 08-17-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #330
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Didn't it come out that parents were letting their kids have sleepovers at Michael Jackson's house too? Some crazy stuff in hindsight.
ďThe left does not win its battles in debate. It doesnít have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,Ē - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #331
swordsman11868

Quote:
Shaban is right, this is nothing new. I think what swordsman is struggling with is believing it can and does happen, because most of us have "normal" lives and don't experience these situations.

I too am shocked at stuff like this because it seems implausible. But the plausibility was driven home for me when I watched my incredibly bright, incredibly strong and incredibly independent daughter tolerate an abusive (emotionally, not physically) boyfriend for weeks before she finally saw the light. I honestly think her mother and I (married almost 33 years now) have an exemplary relationship and family life. Go figure.

And swordy, if you're being honest above, you should recognize that your post #319 is offensive.

No offense intended.

Iím just trying to wrap my head around this.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #332
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #333
Stankia

My Ride: Germans

Trump and Clinton after learning Epstein is dead.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #334
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
They also lost lots of wrinkles and gained hair!
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:18 PM   #335
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
There's an executioners hanging, where the noose/knot is positioned just so, and there's just the right amount of slack in the rope that when the body falls the noose snaps the neck and death is as instantaneous as it can be. Poorly done executions involve a rope that's too long, the body falls far enough to build up enough speed that the noose decapitates the subject. The result is the same for the subject, but more distasteful and messy for everyone else.

Alternatively is when the rope is too short, which means the neck doesn't snap and the person dies either because the noose cuts off the blood flow to the brain (doesn't take long) or because the noose squeezes the trachea, stopping air flow into the lungs (takes a while).

Most suicides by "hanging" aren't executioner style. People generally strangulate or asphyxiate. For those that don't do a kick-the-chair method and simply will themselves to do it, I can only imagine that it takes a staggering amount of determination.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #336
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/22/75339...hort-on-epstei

Interesting read (or 5 minute listen).

Quote:
A coterie of intimidating lawyers. A deployment of charm. An aura of invincibility. A five-figure donation to a New York Times reporter's favored nonprofit. A bullet delivering a message. Even, it is alleged, a cat's severed head in the front yard of the editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair.
Separate instructive episodes stretch from 2003 to 2018 and involve three major American media outlets - Vanity Fair, ABC News and The New York Times. And taken together, they may help illuminate Epstein's drive to avoid tough journalistic scrutiny and the media's reluctance to take the story on.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #337
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Hallway camera footage "unusable"

https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Fo...d-14380186.php

How corrupt can it get?
ďThe left does not win its battles in debate. It doesnít have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,Ē - Andrew Breitbart
Old 08-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #338
Act of God

Now 2 cameras have "malfunctioned"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN1VI2LC
FBI studies two broken cameras outside cell where Epstein died: source
Old 08-29-2019, 08:00 AM   #339
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Hallway camera footage "unusable"

https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Fo...d-14380186.php

How corrupt can it get?

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote