Trump continues to trump the compitition. - Page 973 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #19441
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I mean, literally from the NYT article:

Dude drafted it, I'm going to go with his word over yours
I quite literally just quoted him and how he was applying it. Not being able to take someone to court. The United States can take illegal immigrants to court, so by Trumbull's own standard, that means they are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

Also, that's an opinion piece that you're referencing... where the guy chose to leave out the rest of the quote.

Last edited by Shaban; 08-24-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:17 PM   #19442
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Is there anything more boring than arguing about legalities

Yes. Reading your posts.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #19443
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #19444
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Trump should basically tell China to play ball now or hope he loses 2020, because if he wins he's going to destroy their economy. Get them to the table now to mitigate any risk of a DGAF-Can't-run-again Trump 2020+.
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:38 PM   #19445
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Yes. Reading your posts.
And yet, you keep replying

Last edited by Stankia; 08-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:02 AM   #19446
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
ahem

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...-year-flatline
China announces it seeks 'calm' end to trade war, as markets tank and currency hits 11-year flatline
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Old 08-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #19447
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Trump should basically tell China to play ball now or hope he loses 2020, because if he wins he's going to destroy their economy. Get them to the table now to mitigate any risk of a DGAF-Can't-run-again Trump 2020+.
Think a crappy economy will make Xi worried about getting re-elected? The people that actually make the decisions in China aren't worried about where their next meals will be coming from.

Trump has to stay popular to get re-elected. Xi and the CPC just have to retain control over the military to stay in power.

I'm not saying Trump should go easy on China, but assuming the guy across the table is playing the same game you are is a bad idea.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #19448
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
China has to worry about his neighboring pals, if China's economy hits the fan I'm pretty sure those small neighbors economy would hit the fan also.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #19449
Stankia

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...e-nuclear-deal

Quote:
France Upstages Trump at G7 by Inviting Iran to Salvage Nuclear Deal

Just look at that sad, miserable face. I think he now realizes none is taking him seriously, he has that sad face every time he is around world leaders (except the autocrats like Kim Jong Un, Putin, Bolsonaro).
Old 08-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #19450
Black///M

Were they able to salvage the nuclear deal?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #19451
Stankia

Trump's incompetence has basically forced our allies to plan for a world in which the US President is not a central figure. His domestic "America First" policy has manifest in a western "Everyone But America" policy. Trump is hands-down the biggest threat to American global democratic stewardship.

Russia and its useful idiots in #MAGA hats have pulled off one of the biggest victories against the West since the allies gave half of Europe to Stalin.

The country that will soon be coming in a close 2nd after they finalize putting themselves into a great depression is Great Britain. Russia won there too to the point that Britain will potentially be cut out of discussions like this since they're going full xenophobe and entrenchment in their politics as well.

You will basically be left with a main land Europe trying to dictate a lot of international policy while I suspect Russia in 2020, after Britain goes through with Brexit will start to drum up the war machine and propaganda for countries to come back to the motherland while Trump, Boris and a few others, start acting like Neville Chamberlain.

Countries like Poland, Romania and Hungary are becoming ripe to become part of what I'd call the "Russia Reformation".
Old 08-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #19452
Stankia

Also, this:

Old 08-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #19453
Shaban

100% chance they fvcked that day
Old 08-26-2019, 04:26 PM   #19454
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Yes, because all Europeans who do the 2-cheek air kiss are required to follow up soon thereafter with coitus.

I really did not know 13-year old boys could run pawnshops. Good for you, you little over achiever! Soon you will learn about real sex and not just how to choke your chicken.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #19455
Black///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Trump's incompetence has basically forced our allies to plan for a world in which the US President is not a central figure. His domestic "America First" policy has manifest in a western "Everyone But America" policy. Trump is hands-down the biggest threat to American global democratic stewardship.

Russia and its useful idiots in #MAGA hats have pulled off one of the biggest victories against the West since the allies gave half of Europe to Stalin.

The country that will soon be coming in a close 2nd after they finalize putting themselves into a great depression is Great Britain. Russia won there too to the point that Britain will potentially be cut out of discussions like this since they're going full xenophobe and entrenchment in their politics as well.

You will basically be left with a main land Europe trying to dictate a lot of international policy while I suspect Russia in 2020, after Britain goes through with Brexit will start to drum up the war machine and propaganda for countries to come back to the motherland while Trump, Boris and a few others, start acting like Neville Chamberlain.

Countries like Poland, Romania and Hungary are becoming ripe to become part of what I'd call the "Russia Reformation".

Was that a yes or no? What is the latest on the nuclear deal?
Old 08-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #19456
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Yes, because all Europeans who do the 2-cheek air kiss are required to follow up soon thereafter with coitus.

I really did not know 13-year old boys could run pawnshops. Good for you, you little over achiever! Soon you will learn about real sex and not just how to choke your chicken.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:53 PM   #19457
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:

Who? Donald and Justin?
Old 08-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #19458
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
I got the joke. I was just pointing out that your joke was something only a 13-year old would be proud of.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #19459
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Think a crappy economy will make Xi worried about getting re-elected? The people that actually make the decisions in China aren't worried about where their next meals will be coming from.

Trump has to stay popular to get re-elected. Xi and the CPC just have to retain control over the military to stay in power.

I'm not saying Trump should go easy on China, but assuming the guy across the table is playing the same game you are is a bad idea.
No doubt, but we can decimate their economy (and we should). They are thieves and are trying to destroy our economy.

Last edited by Act of God; 08-26-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #19460
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
No doubt, but we can decimate their economy (and we should). They are thieves and are trying to destroy our economy.
Given your simplistic Manichean binary, I suspect you would harbor such emotions. In reality, our economies are so intertwined that to decimate one would decimate the other.

Is China blameless? Of course not but that doesn't necessarily recommend Trump's aged, blunt-instrument tariffs approach to address those trade issues. Building alliances with allies with similar concerns regarding Chinese economic hegemony would be a far more efficient and effective approach.

Trump, in his usual simplistic contrarianism, crudely tramples that concerted strategy, leaving us to butt heads with China essentially alone, and thus in a much weaker posture.

Could we "prevail" in Trump's cage-match approach? Perhaps, in the sense we would be the last man standing, but likely in a hugely damaged and diminished state.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote